A Battlefield 2 thread

Jumjalum

I never said better than Michael Jordan.

But someone mentioned that it's hard to catch up to someone who plays a lot.

Going through the same regimine as MJ, I would catch up to him (although I doubt I'd ever get as good...there IS some biological factors at play).

Ive been playing all night and when you end up on a server with some real whores its just frustrating. They bunnyjump around the levels snagging flags at random so theres really no fighting going on, just a perpetual goose chase with people scattered everywhere.

Theres also lots of, not exactly whoring, but people use the remote detonated C4 in the most annoying ways.

Tanks rule, helicopters are for fagg0ts.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Tanks rule, helicopters are for fagg0ts.

You make a bind of that and then use it when you take down one of those Black Hawks chock full of soldiers... with a tank shell. :cool:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I dont even need a tank, a regular rocket launcher will do nicely :thumbsup:

..but jeeps are by far the best chopper hunters, you can easily dodge their attacks after which they are completely open to that .50 cal MG :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Glad to see you gave the game a try. They are really addictive after a while.

My friend got me on BF1942, and it was great. He was a fantastic pilot (particularly at dive bombing), and I became a pretty good tank driver, able to engage enemies accurately at long ranges while moving. I would secure flags and take care of infantry, and he would provide air support, taking out anti-tank vehicles and providing recon for me. We had it down to a T on some of the desert maps like El Alamien and Gazala.

The whole BFHQ thingie where you get medals and stuff is just pure devilry. Once you start with that there's no turning back :devil:

And Im doing surprisingly well at teh killing. (yes, Im suing Swedish menus, its really weird ingame because some of the commands arent well translated. There for instance "Sitt down"? I have no idea what thats supposed to be)

post-4899-1120249822_thumb.jpg

Hahahaha.

I have played the demo, but I still haven't had a chance to pick up the regular game.

I'm too busy being distracted with Hearts of Iron 2 at the moment. And I'm about to dust off my old copies of Close Combat.

*looks at HoI 2 cover*

Thats a bit odd, a simple Iron Cross(only 2nd degree too) for the jerries but a full-fledged Medal of Honor for the yanks? :devil:

Damn this game and its pull. I had one hell of a winning streak this night, raped everyone. Got a ton of awards (w00t)

Im so proud of the armour medal :">

post-4899-1120343669_thumb.jpg

When DICE is able to make a PC game that doesn't have absurdly long load times with anything less than twice the standard amount of game system RAM, I'll consider buying their games again.

Yeah the loading times are pretty hefty, youd better pick what server to connect to carefully because connecting/disconnect/reconnect to new serves takes a good 4 minutes I think. And thats with 1gig of RAM

..but look at all me phat medals. :D

post-4899-1120348895_thumb.jpg

Yeah the loading times are pretty hefty, youd better pick what server to connect to carefully because connecting/disconnect/reconnect to new serves takes a good 4 minutes I think. And thats with 1gig of RAM

..but look at all me phat medals. :D

What is the medal second from the left in the top row?

It looks like a baggy Australian bush hat!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

THAT my good friend is the best one of them all; the Panzer badge :D awareded to yours truly for raping countless opponents in nothing but the best of good form, whilst operating a tank.

Damn this game and its pull. I had one hell of a winning streak this night, raped everyone. Got a ton of awards (w00t)

Im so proud of the armour medal  :">

Heh. Looks like you got a lot of points for coop/flag grabbing. And I mean A LOT. I haven't had a chance to play the full game yet (yes, game stores SUCK where I live), but the only times I was able to get such scores was when I got lucky on my bombing runs with the Su-34 (sometimes I missed and accidentally tk'ed half my team and got kickbanned).

Perhaps when I get the game and a decent Fastpath connection we'll meet in the battlefield... :lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That reminds me of my first time playing BF1942.

It was on the Iwo Jima map, and I was a newb that had somehow gotten control of the Prince of Wales Battleship. I was shooting the crap out of everything with my shore bombardments and having an absolute blast.

I then saw a golden opportunity of about 8 guys running down a hill, so I fired my 6 14" cannons at them, at which point I teamkilled pretty much my entire team. Turns out we had captured the hill. After that, we lost the hill, and pretty much got raped. I can take full responsibility for my actions.....I cost us the map :D

I also remember one time playing the D-Day map, some guy had parked the destroyer FAR away from the beach, and I didn't like that. The artillery support is very helpful, and much easier when it's close and you can see where you're shooting, so I started moving the destroyer. Turns out I accidentally beached it way on the left side of the map, so it DEFINITELY wasn't useful anymore. Right about the time when ALL of the allied players were asking around for who the heck did that, I figured it was a good time for me to slink away and never return to that server :D

As for being kickbanned......I only had it happen once in BFV. And it's because my friend and I absolutely raped with helicopters. It got so easy that we would always play as the NVA so that we had to steal the enemy helicopters first. But once we did, wooooweee....it was fun.

We had it planned perfectly on Flaming Dart. I had just taken out the South Vietnamese airfield, and I stole their last F4. This let me take out those pesky Cobras, as well napalm the helicopter spawn campers as my friend waited nearby. He had damaged the control tower, and when I felt like the Cobra was going to spawn soon, I bailed out (crashing plane into tower for additional damage) and capped me an M60 (back when it was the cutting beam of doom!). But not before I blew up the control tower and not before my friend ganked the cobra that respawned. Since I took out both towers, there was absolutely nothing they could do to shoot down the cobra.

We then proceeded to cap ALL the flags that we didn't have, AND take out any futile landing parties they were sending across the river. And this was on a clan server, while playing against the host clan, so it was very satisfying. However, when we went to cap the last flag, we both suddenly died, and they stole our cobra (considering it was impossible to kill the pilot inside a helo without taking out the helo). We then quickly shot it down and still won, but we were laughing hard at the clan cheating :lol:

And on the next map, we both jumped into each MiG, flew to the enemy airfield, at which point we immeidately stole their cobra and F4 (I think the team was retarded), and then were raping the map. Anything that could hurt the cobra got shot down by me...and anything that moved on the ground was owned by my friend in the cobra. Next thing we know, we were both banned at the same time. Never laughed so hard in my life :(

Heh. Looks like you got a lot of points for coop/flag grabbing. And I mean A LOT.

Yeah, I think thats where I got my ribbon. What I did was play a medic group chief and form a tank column with the rest of my squad, running from base to base clearing them and taking the flags. I wasnt actually driving the tank either, I handled the MG :D

You cant really get anywhere by just running around and fragging people.

Wohoo! Today I got teh GOLD MEDAL!!!0101010101

awrd_2051907_big.jpg

...I feel so happy and 1337 :">

:sorcerer:
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:)