Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Excuse me, timeout, lets get back on topic before the Green Dragon decides to shut the thread down and you 3 can continue your little "argument" somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Thank You. :thumbsup:

LOL :lol:

you are saying beware of the big bad dragon :p

well we're not all female virgins so we don't have to worry about big bad dragons. I do think that the next should give you a feeling of a much larger war is going on. i just didn't get that from Kotor 1 (the only time you ever saw a rep and sith trooper go against eachother is during the endar spire battle). If your in a war they should make it feel like one.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Excuse me, timeout, lets get back on topic before the Green Dragon decides to shut the thread down and you 3 can continue your little "argument" somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Thank You. :thumbsup:

LOL :lol:

you are saying beware of the big bad dragon :p

Who chains virgins to rocks, Fionavar do you actually do that?! :p

Kidding no the Green Dragon is what i call him because of his avatar icon :lol:

I shall ignore your childish histrionics (for the moment) and draw the argument back to its inception.

I can tell already that you possess neither the ability nor the intent to do so. Calling me childish and then making a claim of being diplomatic is, yet again, contradictory to the extreme and can only serve to flame further. How you can even state both in the same sentence and expect to not look like a complete idiot is beyond me, and it certainly speaks volumes about your "intent".

In actuality, you picked up a point I made, which leads to the reasonable conclusion that you are opposing my original statement.

No, commenting on something does not mean opposing. In this case you embrace that logic only because that is the only way you can defend your flawed arguments and behaviour. But the fact that I chose to respond can in no way be inferred to mean the exact opposite of your position. Basically you're saying that if I'm not with you, then I'm your enemy, but remember... "only a Sith deals in absolutes"! I hope that brings it down to a level you can comprehend.

The points I have highlighted above speak for themselves,

They do indeed. It's just a shame you didn't bother to read them before you decided to attack me for whatever you wanted. I have snipped them for the same reason - you don't read them anyway, so why bother.

nevertheless, here is a brief synopsis:

1. Irrelevant comment on the rising standard expected in games: irrelevant because it could easily be applied to graphics or writing. I would tend to believe, simply by your post being a response to mine and not being prefaced with some sort of term of agreement, that it is meant to counter my point, thus leading to the implication supporting your next paragraphs, and countering mine, especially when combined with a later post:

(snip)

2. Completely specious comment about the costs of dialogue.

(snip)

Basically you're saying that all my comments are meaningless, but since I arguing, you can just assume that I oppose whatever you happen to be thinking. Need I truly explain how idiotic that position is? Well, I'm not going to bother, since I have little faith it will make a difference...

3. Duplicitous comment suggesting that only graphics improvements will sell a new game. I draw the jury attention to such examples for the defence:

(snip list of games)

I have never once mentioned any of the games that you list here, and all I said was that the industry now has firm standards on the quality of graphics and sounds. That cannot be inferred to suggest that I place the importance of graphics above plot. I might as well argue that you support abortion or software piracy on the basis that you have never said otherwise.

4. Finally, this comment helps to cement the implication generated by the post that graphics are more important than writing, because "the story must fit with the work schedule", rather than the subscribing to the attitude that writing is the primary step to creating any game.

Nonsense. Once again you're taking my comment and assuming whatever you like. What I said is that writing games is costly and takes time today. I don't hear anyone arguing against that. I also said that this put limits on how complex games can be. No one has argued against that. Reason? Because those are facts - you cannot argue against that. That doesn't give you the right to just jump to whatever assumptions you like and then attack me with it.

So who is the troll?  :rolleyes:

Clearly you are - you assume facts not in evidence and then infer whatever you like and then attack me with it.

EDIT: Oh, and you began arguing about me personally instead of arguing the topic - that's the definition of trolling.

PS I shall read through the diatribe that you have posted above when I get the chance.

Yet more evidence of trolling - you admit not having read it and yet you immediately call it a diatribe. Yes, I can see how enlightened and unbiased you truly are... A genuine inspiration to us all o:)

you're gay.

Xbox did you really feel the need to reenter highschool?

I would like to see larger battles in terms of npc on npc. that'd be fun

I shall ignore your childish histrionics (for the moment) and draw the argument back to its inception.

I can tell already that you possess neither the ability nor the intent to do so. Calling me childish and then making a claim of being diplomatic is, yet again, contradictory to the extreme and can only serve to flame further. How you can even state both in the same sentence and expect to not look like a complete idiot is beyond me, and it certainly speaks volumes about your "intent".

In actuality, you picked up a point I made, which leads to the reasonable conclusion that you are opposing my original statement.

No, commenting on something does not mean opposing. In this case you embrace that logic only because that is the only way you can defend your flawed arguments and behaviour. But the fact that I chose to respond can in no way be inferred to mean the exact opposite of your position. Basically you're saying that if I'm not with you, then I'm your enemy, but remember... "only a Sith deals in absolutes"! I hope that brings it down to a level you can comprehend.

The points I have highlighted above speak for themselves,

They do indeed. It's just a shame you didn't bother to read them before you decided to attack me for whatever you wanted. I have snipped them for the same reason - you don't read them anyway, so why bother.

nevertheless, here is a brief synopsis:

1. Irrelevant comment on the rising standard expected in games: irrelevant because it could easily be applied to graphics or writing. I would tend to believe, simply by your post being a response to mine and not being prefaced with some sort of term of agreement, that it is meant to counter my point, thus leading to the implication supporting your next paragraphs, and countering mine, especially when combined with a later post:

(snip)

2. Completely specious comment about the costs of dialogue.

(snip)

Basically you're saying that all my comments are meaningless, but since I arguing, you can just assume that I oppose whatever you happen to be thinking. Need I truly explain how idiotic that position is? Well, I'm not going to bother, since I have little faith it will make a difference...

3. Duplicitous comment suggesting that only graphics improvements will sell a new game. I draw the jury attention to such examples for the defence:

(snip list of games)

I have never once mentioned any of the games that you list here, and all I said was that the industry now has firm standards on the quality of graphics and sounds. That cannot be inferred to suggest that I place the importance of graphics above plot. I might as well argue that you support abortion or software piracy on the basis that you have never said otherwise.

4. Finally, this comment helps to cement the implication generated by the post that graphics are more important than writing, because "the story must fit with the work schedule", rather than the subscribing to the attitude that writing is the primary step to creating any game.

Nonsense. Once again you're taking my comment and assuming whatever you like. What I said is that writing games is costly and takes time today. I don't hear anyone arguing against that. I also said that this put limits on how complex games can be. No one has argued against that. Reason? Because those are facts - you cannot argue against that. That doesn't give you the right to just jump to whatever assumptions you like and then attack me with it.

So who is the troll?  :rolleyes:

Clearly you are - you assume facts not in evidence and then infer whatever you like and then attack me with it.

EDIT: Oh, and you began arguing about me personally instead of arguing the topic - that's the definition of trolling.

PS I shall read through the diatribe that you have posted above when I get the chance.

Yet more evidence of trolling - you admit not having read it and yet you immediately call it a diatribe. Yes, I can see how enlightened and unbiased you truly are... A genuine inspiration to us all o:)

you're gay.

I don't think it is that but rather the fact that meta has a little bit of a Napoleon complex. :lol:"

Could we please take it into the dev's or off topic forum this just isn't the place you three.

Could we please take it into the dev's or off topic forum this just isn't the place you three.

I can certainly understand your position and sympathize with it. You're quite right to think that this situation is a sad abuse of these boards.

However, I have been attacked on a personal level and someone has lied about what I have said on this board, therefore I will defend myself here. If people had lied about things you said, I should think you would also demand justice.

I'm not asking you or anyone else to take sides, though. But I will defend myself and expose Metadigital's lies about me, since doing otherwise would clearly serve only to be taken as consent in the minds of him and others. And I will continues to do so until the moderator steps in.

I don't think it is that but rather the fact that meta has a little bit of a Napoleon complex. :)"

Do you even know what a Napoleon complex is?

You are accusing me of having an inferiority complex brought on by a lack of height! Ooo, you wound me, with your razor-sharp wit. (:thumbsup:)

It takes 2 to argue.

True, but only one to start a war.

Or are you saying that you would not react if someone attacked and repeatedly misrepresented and misquoted you?

As for Jediphile, I refuse to continue a blow-by-blow flame war, not because you have superior arguments (:lol:) but because you are not abiding by the laws of argument logic. It is pointless in the extreme. I have better things to do.

I never attacked you, I pointed out an uncomfortable truth to you; your argument, as stated by you, was that graphics were more important that anything else

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Speaking of Yoda, it would be cool to have a Sith Master that is the same species as Yoda in KOTOR III.

I agree. More non-humans all round - I appreciate that people from English-speaking backgrounds are usually impatient of subtitles, but Yoda's species speaks English/common, so no problem there. Kotor 2 was far too humanocentric (Mandalorians count as human, yes).

It surely cannot be that difficult to have several species as possibilities for your character.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I seriously wouldn't mind a D&D thing where you could choose different races for your character. Human's aren't the only force-sensitives. And each race, like each class, could have its own attributes, strengths, and weaknesses. (w00t)

The only problem with that might be that it would make the game too complex, but hey.

I can certainly understand your position and sympathize with it. You're quite right to think that this situation is a sad abuse of these boards.

However, I have been attacked on a personal level and someone has lied about what I have said on this board, therefore I will defend myself here. If people had lied about things you said, I should think you would also demand justice.

I'm not asking you or anyone else to take sides, though. But I will defend myself and expose Metadigital's lies about me, since doing otherwise would clearly serve only to be taken as consent in the minds of him and others. And I will continues to do so until the moderator steps in.

You Are Gay

I seriously wouldn't mind a D&D thing where you could choose different races for your character.  Human's aren't the only force-sensitives.  And each race, like each class, could have its own attributes, strengths, and weaknesses.  (w00t)

The only problem with that might be that it would make the game too complex, but hey.

that would be sweet.

But yea it could make the game a lil complex, and also more time taking to make the game. But hey i can be patient.

I seriously wouldn't mind a D&D thing where you could choose different races for your character.  Human's aren't the only force-sensitives.  And each race, like each class, could have its own attributes, strengths, and weaknesses.  (w00t)

I think one of the problems with allowing a non-human PC is that you'd pretty much have to scrap any romance options.

It's much easier, not to mention makes more sense in the story, for the male and female NPCs to have a romance with a human PC rather than have to write for, for example from KOTOR 1, Bastila having some kind of flirty romance with a Rodian PC male.

I know Gluupor was hot and all, but come on now. :(

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think one of the problems with allowing a non-human PC is that you'd pretty much have to scrap any romance options.

It's much easier, not to mention makes more sense in the story, for the male and female NPCs to have a romance with a human PC rather than have to write for, for example from KOTOR 1, Bastila having some kind of flirty romance with a Rodian PC male.

I know Gluupor was hot and all, but come on now. :p

It's a good point, but even such a hurdle as that may be overcome with good planning. Just have the "love interest" coincidentally the same race, if necessary. By this I mean if there is a peerceived problem with inter-racial romance, then it can be written around, too. I have no objections to inter-species romance; not all romance has too be consumated in some sort of mucus exchange, after all. :("

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have no objections to inter-species romance; not all romance has too be consumated in some sort of mucus exchange, after all.  :("

You're just saying that because you thought Mission was hot.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)