THE Ultimate Lightsaber Mod for TSL

How do I make it work? I downloaded it, but all I got was a 22meg .rar file with no readme file. I dumped it into the override folder but it doesn't work like that. I tried and tried to find a readme page on the website but either I overlooked it 10+ times or there isn't one there.

How do I make it work? I downloaded it, but all I got was a 22meg .rar file with no readme file. I dumped it into the override folder but it doesn't work like that. I tried and tried to find a readme page on the website but either I overlooked it 10+ times or there isn't one there.

The items don't appear in your inventory you have to find them or cheat by using the save game editor (I did and when I did I was like "WHOA! Thats alot of sabers!" ) And you also have to be careful not to make a folder of it inside the override folder. And you have to have the program WinRar to open and extract the files to the override.

You have to use winrar (similar to winzip but better if you ask me) to decompress the file. There is a readme in the .rar file. You can download winrar here

You'll find more details about installing mods in general here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143422

It's alive!! IT"S ALIVE!!!!!

As you can see, I got it to work. So far I only have Kreia's saber. Luckily I had a save just before she joined so I loaded it up to test.

About the mod, so far all I can say is :shifty: . As I progress more I'll let you know more. Thanks for the help in getting it to work. :geek:

Where Darth Vaders hilt, or Sidious's episode 3 hilt....oh well..I dont have the pc version of K2 anyways haha

besides, the only thing that would get me to replay K2 again is if Briana is replaced by Briana Banks, and Mira is replaced by Mira Sourvino

aloras design is very good, its a wonder GL's ppl never thought that up. i have a question tho for ppl who have downloaded these mods, if ur pc is using a curved handle, does it look weird in his hand, like stick out oddly or anything?

check the screenshots in the first post, there is one where you can see a character wielding this saber. They don't hold the sabers by the curved part :(

Warning: Don't try to change the lightsaber colors...game crashes.  :lol:"

??? Works fine in my game....

Let me guess, you either:

1) Didn't use the USM upcrystals.2da, or edited it in some manner

2) You hit "assemble" on a lightsaber, when upgrading a color... but there was a "nullnade" instead of a saber model...

3) You didn't use the baseitems.2da included with the USM.

if you lost a saber...then this was all covered in the readme file :-"

Because there are so many models, we had to create baseitem lines in order to accomodate short & double-sabers. Most crystals will tell you what type of saber you must use in order to upgrade the color, and only certain crystals will work in certain saber types (short, reg. double)...

This mod is massive and it's really important to read the readme file that comes with it...

quote from the readme...

"Due to the way lightsabers work in TSL you will not be able to use the USM crystals in the same manner that you could with the normal Color crystals. So you will not be able to use Double bladed lightsaber crystal in a normal single or short sabers. Think of them like a key to unlocking the new hilt models. If you do place a USM crystal in the wrong Lightsaber type it will turn into what looks like a grenade, So simply hit the cancel button and not the assemble button to return your lightsaber to normal. "

If however the game is actually crashing... check the baseitems.2da. Lines #105 & #106 are used for USM saber crystals.. if those lines don't exist, it could very well cause the game to crash as the game is trying to call up a non-existent item...

Let us know if any of these help...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Guest MacleodCorp
I can't recall where, but I remember reading that Visas will build her own special lightsaber like Kreia has after I destroy the saber she has when she attacks on the Hawk. I got her but she has no special saber. :*

I can't recall where, but I remember reading that Visas will build her own special lightsaber like Kreia has after I destroy the saber she has when she attacks on the Hawk. I got her but she has no special saber. :(

You need to tell her to build it.

I had this happen on a few occasions. I think there is a bug somewhere... I usually get a saber that shows up after Visas's lightsaber gets hacked by my pc.

I can't recall where, but I remember reading that Visas will build her own special lightsaber like Kreia has after I destroy the saber she has when she attacks on the Hawk. I got her but she has no special saber. :thumbsup:

You need to tell her to build it.

I thought of that, but I didn't see an option. Or wait, do I have to have a special crystal for her?

I thought of that, but I didn't see an option. Or wait, do I have to have a special crystal for her?

Oh I neglected to mention that you have to complete the Lightsaber quest before the option will be available in Visas dialog.

After you complete that quest this line

There is something we need to discuss.
is what will lead to her saber creation. I have also been made aware of a slight bug that prevents her from building a saber if you let her choose the color crystal.(in my game its not a problem but I have gotten 1 report that it didn't work) I have made a fix and will release it this weekend in a patch for the mod which will include the few bug fixes which can be found at the end of the first post in our release thread at Holowan labs. link can be found in the fist post of this thread.

Oh I neglected to mention that you have to complete the Lightsaber quest before the option will be available in Visas dialog.

is what will lead to her saber creation. I have also been made aware of a slight bug that prevents her from building a saber if you let her choose the color crystal.(in my game its not a problem but I have gotten 1 report that it didn't work) I have made a fix and will release it this weekend in a patch for the mod which will include the few bug fixes which can be found at the end of the first post in our release thread at Holowan labs. link can be found in the fist post of this thread.

Sometimes the option to let Visas or Bao-Dur build there own saber is only available inside the Ebon Hawk.

After I built my own saber I decided to try again and sure enough, there was the option. :"> Sorry to have wasted your time. But on a related note, I was already using Zez-Kai Ell's(sp?) saber, after I had killed him and stolen it of course. :p Was it your intention for the PC to be able to get a lightsaber before they finish the quest?

After I built my own saber I decided to try again and sure enough, there was the option. :">  Sorry to have wasted your time. But on a related note, I was already using Zez-Kai Ell's(sp?) saber, after I had killed him and stolen it of course. :p  Was it your intention for the PC to be able to get a lightsaber before they finish the quest?

Scenarios such as that are ok, since you can do that in the game already... we just wanted the Masters to have better sabers than the standard in-game tubes ;)

Glad to see someone is actually using Zez's saber.. hehehe :D

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

After I built my own saber I decided to try again and sure enough, there was the option. :">  Sorry to have wasted your time. But on a related note, I was already using Zez-Kai Ell's(sp?) saber, after I had killed him and stolen it of course. :lol:  Was it your intention for the PC to be able to get a lightsaber before they finish the quest?

Scenarios such as that are ok, since you can do that in the game already... we just wanted the Masters to have better sabers than the standard in-game tubes :lol:

Glad to see someone is actually using Zez's saber.. hehehe :D

Actually, I have never gotten a lightsaber before I built one. :lol:

And what do you mean "glad to see some using Zez's saber"? I think it looks cool, though the way my character holds it is a bit odd, it is held like a club when not in use.

And what do you mean "glad to see some using Zez's saber"? I think it looks cool, though the way my character holds it is a bit odd, it is held like a club when not in use.

I say it because I made it, and I'm "happy" to see that someone is using it... :ermm:

Yeah, it does look funny the way he holds it, but oddly enough... it rests in the hands exactly like the normal "tube" double-sabers in the game.. Because of it's 'unique' shape.. it just makes it look even more odd.. :D Though for a Biker-Jedi.. i thought it fit him well.. hehehe

Guest MacleodCorp

The Ultimate Lightsaber Mod for TSL!

As a fellow modder, I understand the testing, retesting, and scripting stages of modding. Time and energy goes into some of the greatest mods made for KotOR II. While using the 'TULM', I noiced alot of changes were made.

For those of us who have never modded before, and those of us who are intrested:

1. What was your most difficult obsticle?

2.What type of boundries did you have to over come?

3. Was it hard to work in such a large team?

4. Was there something you wished you could have done, but for game design reasons you couldn't

5. Would you do it again?