Lightsaber grenade

Well if you weren't going to survive a duel, you probably wouldn't want your enemy to either. How about a small explosive device attached to your lightsaber that is triggered by your life moniter (General Crix Madine had one). If you get struck down, it'll go boom and take out everything within 3 feet or so. Maybe a tad smaller than a thermal detonator but just enough power to kill the person who struck you down. That way you'll kill everyone you face.

It can also be an unpleasant surprise to foes who collect the lightsabers of Jedi they killed, such as General Grievous, Aura Sing, and Boba Fett.

The jedi wouldn't employ such a bomb on their lightsabers and what happens if the bomb got struck during a fight or the computer system glitches?

It isn't really pratical as the risks are not worth it.

Ehh... It's a nice idea in theory. The Jedi wouldn't use it, but the Sith might.

right you you are,i wouldnt be suprised if they havent madeone yet. :cool: .

I think the idea needs a little refinment but it certainly sounds like a sith move to me. But I don't think that they would but in a light saber because you can disarm a opponent with the force and I think the sith have a reverence for their light sabers. Might want to increase the range to take out everything around you. I sort of like this idea Eddo.

My first trick would be to EMP his/her life sign monitor. Bzzt, no life signs, booyah!!!

Okay, no life monitor. The explosive is triggered when you release your grip of your lightsaber the wrong way or something. Or if you use EMP, you'll not only disable the life sign monitor but the lightsaber and the explosive device control as well.

And a three feet blast should be enough, since a lightsaber is 3 feet long or so and when he is in striking range of you, a 3 ft blast will kill the enemy who strikes you down.

I agree with Eddo and Metadigital, but would it be worth blowing your corpse up for just one opponent? Also, then there wouldn't be any more tombs with interesting items left for future generations.

Or player characters. Won't somebody PLEASE think of the Game Devs?! :)