KOTOR2 acting weird help please

384 MB - is that memory? Did you know that win xp alone requores 512?

also, warning is not good.......

384 for a game like this isnt enough

and you should be thinking of getting a new video card... and when you do, please get Nvidia. ATI are evil. They all fell to the Dark Side and they can't do anything right.

and you should be thinking of getting  a new video card... and when you do, please get Nvidia. ATI are evil. They all fell to the Dark Side and they can't do anything right.

my friend has 256 and it still worked for him, for both kotor 1 and 2. i had warning on kotor1 and it still worked on my crappy laptop.

and you should be thinking of getting  a new video card... and when you do, please get Nvidia. ATI are evil. They all fell to the Dark Side and they can't do anything right.

my friend has 256 and it still worked for him, for both kotor 1 and 2. i had warning on kotor1 and it still worked on my crappy laptop.

and I'm telling you 256 isn't enough.

Heck 512 isnt enough if you have XP

OpenGL Version=1.3.4204 WinXP Release

That is your problem. KotOR 2 requires OpenGL 1.4 to function properly. You need to update your drivers. Unfortunately ATI does not support laptops so I know of no way to update them.

Azuth

Edit: Opps...sorry it requires version 1.4 not 1.5 to function properly.

From the readme:

To be able to play STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II, you

must have Windows 98SE, Millennium Edition (ME), 2000, or XP

installed and configured correctly, and your computer hardware

must be OpenGL 1.4 and DirectX 9.0c compatible.

Required: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible AGP or PCX 3D Graphics

card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability

required.

From the Troubleshooting Guide:

OpenGL Compatibility

To run Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II, your video card driver must have OpenGL 1.4 compatible drivers. OpenGL is a graphics API that was originally developed for professional workstations. It is now a standard API (Application Programming Interface) for 3D hardware acceleration, utilized in several current 3D games for the PC. Make sure you have the latest video drivers for your video card.

oh lucky me, my laptop just happend to have 1.3 when i needed 1.4... :thumbsup:

and my only desktop is a crappy WINDOWS ME .that i never use anymore.

oh well...i'll just have to hold on to my KOTOR2 game until college and buy a really good desktop then..... :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

*Ahem*

To answer the initial post: You are having issues with KotORII because of the fact that you're trying to play on a laptop PC. Over at lucasarts.com, they have specifically stated that KotORII is NOT built to run on any PC that uses Radeon "Mobility" cards. The 384MB of RAM is plenty to actually run the program, but the recommended is still 512.

To all you people saying that you can't run Windows XP with that amount of RAM, you need to do a little research. The bare minimum requirement for RAM in WinXP is 64mb, with a recommendation of 128mb or more. I know for a fact this is true since I tried to install it on an older PC with only 64mb in 2001 when XP first came out. Upon doing so, it gave me a message saying that it could install XP, but with limited functionality and recommended that I upgrade my PC (which I did).

The 128 recommendation is still true, as I still have an old Celeron 400 rig that only has 256mb of RAM and I installed and ran WinXP Pro SP2 when it only had 128mb of RAM.

My point being, if you are going to make a definitive claim (ie. Windows XP CAN'T run on less than 256mb of RAM) make sure it's true.

Thank you very much, and good night.