Mandalorians in K3

Vader is (belive it or not) Dutch and German(Vater) for Father but this had no bearing on the char as is commonly belived.

Darth is an inclusive word for the tital DArk lord of the siTH.

Vader is a short version for invading here is a link to s page abut it but ill put the part im talking about here for all the lazy ones lol.

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method...8&curtab=2222_1

"It is interesting to note that "Vader" is the Dutch word for "father" as well as that the German word for "father" (Vater) is similar, and it may be tempting to read the character name "Darth Vader" as "Dark Father", a word-play that may well be the root of the Sith title. However judging by the origin of the other Sith names, Vader may also possibly be a derivative of the word invader. It is also worth noting that in the original scripts for Star Wars, the name "Darth Vader" was given to a normal Imperial general. The title "Darth" may also come from "Dark Lord of the Sith."

"It is interesting to note that "Vader" is the Dutch word for "father" as well as that the German word for "father" (Vater) is similar, and it may be tempting to read the character name "Darth Vader" as "Dark Father", a word-play that may well be the root of the Sith title. However judging by the origin of the other Sith names, Vader may also possibly be a derivative of the word invader. It is also worth noting that in the original scripts for Star Wars, the name "Darth Vader" was given to a normal Imperial general. The title "Darth" may also come from "Dark Lord of the Sith."

As I said, I'm not sure what back-formation the EU have used to justify and explain this (because I don't read SW comics or novels), but that is the "canonical reason" from the films.

The fact is that GL used "Dark Father" *** SPOILERS *** because Darth Vader was the Dark Father of Luke. *** End of 1980 SPOILERS *** GL had always planned this plot twitst in some form, at times he was going to write the script so that it was not hidden at all.

So the garbage in the EU trying to make sense of the GL ramblings is a nice try to detangle the meaning of "canon" events, but it certainly bears no resemblance to the historical facts. ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Would you have any proof to that? other than that it is just the common idea? A link that says to some degree that "Dark Father" is fact? All you just said was Vader was Lukes father and was dark thus Darth vader must mean Dark Father. You have more to go on than that don't you.

P.S. that has nothing to do with EU simply put..it's the truth wether you choose to believe it or not.

Would you have any proof to that? other than that it is just the common idea? A link that says to some degree that "Dark Father" is fact? All you just said was Vader was Lukes father and was dark thus Darth vader must mean Dark Father. You have more to go on than that don't you.

P.S. that has nothing to do with EU simply put..it's the truth wether you choose to believe it or not.

If you watch the DVD special edition re-re-re-release of the original series he goes through some of the intial story ideas, some of the reject castings (like Kurt Russell for Han Solo) you will pick up some clues as to the original story and how fluid his script was. I am also pretty sure that's where you'll find the interview where he blathers on about themes and how he also wanted to have the "mythic archetype" of the child versus the fallen father.

I don't have my copy to hand, but I can always look it up later (if someone on the forum doesn't jump in first to confirm this).

The EU was written after George Lucas wrote his original Star Wars opera, back in the early 1970s. That is when he came up with the "Darth Vader" character, well before he evenconsidered the remote possibility that there would be any other Darths, let alone what a blinking Sith was. Therefore it does have everything to do with the misguided notion that "Darth" comes from "DArk siTH" and "Vader" from "inVADER".

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT