Star Wars Geeks at their finest

Ellester

I suspect this would be "funny" in the terms of "Wouldn't it be funny if his head exploded?" type funny. It sounds funny on paper....but I doubt anyone watching the video would find it funny, between the horrifying shrieks of terror of being severly burned and the visuals of it all.

Watching someone get burned alive is really not all that comical. Heck, just hearing someone get burned alive is much less funny in reality. Watching it just illustrates exactly what happens and engraves the images in your memory. Although I suppose it would be easy to disconnect yourself emotionally from it being that you are just watching a video of it.

Fortunately, I doubt any real footage was caught on tape once the events took place.

And also, I read in a British tabloid newspaper today that GL, is going to make another movie after all :p

Set 100 hundred years before TPM. And the main character will be none other than.........You guessed it, the little green fellow himself, Yoda.

And having read this in a tabloid......I'm convinced it's true. :)"

What tabloid was it in???????

Despite my sadistic side enjoying the fact that these two idiots were injured from being...well... idiots, I'm more amused by the Darth Vader thieves...

Oh I can imagine the security footage now...

:blink:

If a crook wearing a Darth Vader helmet points a gun at your head, would you take him seriously? :lol:

A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

Yeah, okay. Now cut the chatter and post the bloody link already!

:blink:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

Yeah, okay. Now cut the chatter and post the bloody link already!

:blink:"

The video has been impounded by the police as evidence, so you'll have to wait until a member of the constabulary makes a bootleg and uploads it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Reading that Darwin Awards page and then going out to do some brush clearing with powertools was no clever idea. I kept expecting to die horribly at any moment.

..and the sick thing is that it almost happened. I wont bother with circumstances, but I was nearly squashed by the minitractor.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Of course -- should they die -- they will be automatically entered into the Darwin Awards for 2005.

I think they'll likely end up in there regardless... people sometimes get honourary mentions even if they don't die.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I thought you could also get a darwin award if you survived but lost the ability to use your reproductive organs...maybe if they got badly burned downstairs?

Here's a nominee who survived:

Exploding Outhouse

2004 Darwin Award Nominee

Confirmed True by Darwin

(13 July 2004, West Virginia) An unidentified man in Blacksville, while relaxing in a portable outhouse, decided that it would be even more relaxing to light up a cigarette, inadvertently demonstrating another reason to give up the life-shortening habit. According to a spokeswoman for the ambulance, the methane in the porta-potty

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT