evolution

dill

well first of all, it would be very eassy to create an earth in six days, remember we are talking about a higher being, a God.

Secondly, i dont believe the fossils were set to dilude the mind of non believers, these are fossils that have frmed in a few millions years. It doesnt actually take millions of years to form fossils. Its just the same about stalactites, evolutionists said it took thousands of years to form them. Well in the 1920's a building was shut down and locked up. In the 1990's they opened it again for the first time, they actually found stalactites hanging off the ceiling. there is much more on that topic.

And thirdly, i do believe in dinosuars like every creationist.

I even believe there are a few left today. Tribesmen in the congo jungle see them quuite often, when they explained this great, feared creature of the congo, it sounded just like a dinosaur. British scientists then went into the jungle and saw them themselve. The tribesmen called them "maklemombembe" (not correct spelling. Yet again, there is much more on that topic

well first of all, it would be very eassy to create an earth in six days, remember we are talking about a higher being, a God.

But it wasn't created in six days. How can you believe that? Eris herself revealed in the Principia (Dogma III:History#2) that she birthed the Earth in one of her swellings, the gestation period of which is 55 years.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

different god im afraid

Haven't you read the Five Commandments?

" I - There is no Goddess but Goddess and She is Your Goddess. There is no Erisian Movement but The Erisian Movement and it is The Erisian Movement. And every Golden Apple Corps is the beloved home of a Golden Worm."

Do you honestly believe that this "God" figure created the world in six days? Where do you think we got morals from if not from Eris?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

If this higher being is omnipotent, then why didnt he create existence instantaneously? Did he get tired or some such?

Secondly, I just visited a creationist website and you are correct; they do believe in dinosaurs. However, they are referred to as dragons and it is theorized by this site that the reason they grew so big is because they lived hundreds of years. Even though most reptiles do continue to grow larger throughout their lives, the rate is dramatically reduced as they age.

Ah, yes and this idea that reptiles lived longer is proved by the fact that the bible says people did too! Wow, lets base our entire world-view on a fictional book written thousands of years ago! If they say people could live to 900, they must be telling the truth!

I suggest it is just as likely these aged individuals were Yoda and his race in disguise as the idea they grew to that age at all.

@ Reveilled: I'm having a hard time telling if you are being serious or sarcastic.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

But the point is, Dill, why do we need a God to create the world? The "Watchmaker's Father falacy". It's a simple case of logic: there is no need for this being you so desperately want. But, hey! I don't mind: you believe your fairy tale.

Secondly, i dont believe the fossils were set to dilude the mind of non believers, these are fossils that have frmed in a few thousand years.  It doesnt actually take thousands of years to form fossils.  Its just the same about stalactites, evolutionists said it took thousands of years to form them.  Well in the 1920's a building was shut down and locked up.  In the 1990's they opened it again for the first time, they actually found stalactites hanging off the ceiling.  there is much more on that topic.

WTF? Are you telling me -- what? That carbon dating is an imprecise science? That the evolution of language is not a reliable confirmation of the migration of the populations of humans? That genetics is a coincidence? The fact that every branch of science contributes in some small way to the entire jigsaw that is the "how" of life, and they all appear to be consistently giving overwelming evidence to support evolution.

Here, assuming you can read, check out a brief, simple summary.

And thirdly, i do believe in dinosuars like every creationist.

I even believe there are a few left today.  Tribesmen in the congo jungle see them quuite often, when they explained this great, feared creature of the congo, it sounded just like a dinosaur.  British scientists then went into the jungle and saw them themselve.  The tribesmen called them "maklemombembe" (not correct spelling.  Yet again, there is much more on that topic

Um, what's your point? A crocodile is a living dinosaur. The coelacanth is a living missing link between fish with fins and amphibians with feet.

Why does a human embryo develop gills and a tail in the early stages of development? And the legs are longer than the arms until the last trimester?

Summary:

If you are arguing that science hasn't proved evolution, you are an ignoramus.

If you are arguing that you choose to believe that God made this world look like there is an evolutionary history going back over 4.5 Billion years, that is your perogative. I would counter with "Why?". What possible purpose would a God have to create an evolutionary history? I would further suggest that this God is not necessary to explain the universe, and I see no compelling reason to add one.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

LISTEN U BIG FREAKIN COMPUTER GEEK! YOU HAVE NTO A CLUE WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT I COULD SIT HERE AN TELL U FACTS WHY EVOLUTION IS THE BIGGEST PILE OF CRAP ALL DAY!

HAVE U HEARD OF THE 2ND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS

OR PERHAPS THE CORIOLIS EFFECT?

I HAVE MANY ARGUMENTS!

YOU ARE WRONG EVOLUTION IS WRONG THERE ARE TOO MANY GAPS WHERE AS IF U BELIEVE IN A CREATOR GOD AND THE BIBLE EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE! THE FACT IS YOU MY FRIEND WILL BE THROWN IN A LAKE OF FIRE!

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

HONESTLY LAUGH AWAY AND DIMISS EVERYTHING I JUST SAID BUT ONE DAY YOU SHALL BOW BEFORE AN AWESOME HOLY GOD IN FEAR AN AS I WALK INTO HEAVEN YOU SHALL BE THROWN INTO HELL.

TAKE PROPHECY FOR EXAMPLE HOW CAN SOMEONE PROPHECISE THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO AND GET A PRECISE DATE WHEN ISRAEL WILL ONCE AGAIN BECOME A NATION?

HOW CAN SO MANY THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN PROPHECISED COME TRUE WITH PINPOINT ACCURACY?

I AWAIT UR EXPLANATION MY FRIEND....BUT IF I DONT GET ONE I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED

... Ah, yes and this idea that reptiles lived longer is proved by the fact that the bible says people did too! Wow, lets base our entire world-view on a fictional book written thousands of years ago! If they say people could live to 900, they must be telling the truth!

@ Reveilled: I'm having a hard time telling if you are being serious or sarcastic.

Reveilled is just as entitled to believe in Eris as anyone else is entitled to believe that their God spoke directly to them through several intermediaries (instead of directly, like an all-powerful diety would).

If the Earth was created six thousand years ago, why do we have evidence:

mutation of languages and migration of people (genetic and geographic evidence);

fossils -- by the way, a sandstone stalactite forming in decades is in no way similar to a fossilized animal; there is an opalized dinosaur skeleton in the Simpson desert (the bones of a creature have become gemstones) -- how long would that take? Fossilized animals take millions of years to become rocks.

This is why I don't argue with fools.

@Reveiled: this is why innumeracy is dangerous. This person is asserting that fossilization can occur in decades. :wub:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

LISTEN U BIG FREAKIN COMPUTER GEEK! YOU HAVE NTO A CLUE WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT I COULD SIT HERE AN TELL U FACTS WHY EVOLUTION IS THE BIGGEST PILE OF CRAP ALL DAY!

I HAVE MANY ARGUMENTS!

YOU ARE WRONG EVOLUTION IS WRONG THERE ARE TOO MANY GAPS WHERE AS IF U BELIEVE IN A CREATOR GOD AND THE BIBLE EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE! THE FACT IS YOU MY FRIEND WILL BE THROWN IN A LAKE OF FIRE!

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

HONESTLY LAUGH AWAY AND DIMISS EVERYTHING I JUST SAID BUT ONE DAY YOU SHALL BOW BEFORE AN AWESOME HOLY GOD IN FEAR AN AS I WALK INTO HEAVEN YOU SHALL BE THROWN INTO HELL.

TAKE PROPHECY FOR EXAMPLE HOW CAN SOMEONE PROPHECISE THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO AND GET A PRECISE DATE WHEN ISRAEL WILL ONCE AGAIN BECOME A NATION?

HOW CAN SO MANY THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN PROPHECISED COME TRUE WITH PINPOINT ACCURACY?

I AWAIT UR EXPLANATION MY FRIEND....BUT IF I DONT GET ONE I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED

:wub::p:lol::lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

HA I CANT HELP BUT LAUGH YOU CALL ME A FOOL BUT YOU BELIEVE A WEE FAIRYTALE!

ALL YOUR FOSSILISED CRAP IS EXPLAINED BY THE WORLDWIDE FLOOD....MILLIONS OF TONNES OF PRESSURE FORMED OVER THESE THINGS! THATS HOW THEY GOT FOSSILISED.

RIGHT MAN GIMME YOUR BEST REASON FOR EVOLUTION...LOOK HOW CAN U EXPLAIN A WORLDWIDE RELIGION IN WHICH MANY PEOPLE HAVE WITNESSED MIRACLES PEOPLE RAISED FROM THE DEAD BEFORE THEIR VERY EYES...MY MATE AN ATHEIST BECAME A CHRISTIAN THE OTHER DAY HE HAS REALISED EVOLUTION HAS NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER....A BIG BANG FROM NOWHERE...AN EXPANDING UNIVERSE....INVISIBLE MATTER...ITS ALL MADE UP TO FILL THOSE HUGE GAPS YOU CANT EXPLAIN!

If I have offended, I apologize, but this is a topic near and dear to my heart.

To "Evolution is Completely Stupid!" (great choice in sn's btw) aka dill, even if I were faithful, I would be a member of the Jewish religion, and thus dismissive of the idea of hell. Hell is a concept added by later Christians who needed a place to send their enemies and supposed heretics.

The supposed creator of your religion, Jesus, was at heart Jewish and never wanted another religion to be born. All the stuff about him being the son of god was invented by his followers along with the rest of the New Testament.

@ metadigital: I do not disagree. Everyone has the right to believe what they choose. I just cant tell if Reveilled is being serious about her beliefs or sarcastically spouting religious doctrine.

Also, it is just as much my right to attempt to dissuade someone from what I consider idiocy. Whether they choose to believe me is up to them.

I find it kind of sad

What, you think I'm joking when I say that dill is quite silly for believing that this "God" figure created the Earth in six days?

Even your so called "Science" agrees with the existence of Eris, as this blatantly out of context quote from metadigital's link clearly shows:

What if you went further down the beach and found a shoe. Would you assume that a watchmaker made that shoe? Of course not, you would assume a shoemaker. Therefore, according to the analogy, created life must have a lifemaker, the sun a sunmaker and snowflakes a snowmaker. This implies that there are several creators in the world, responsible for all kinds of creation.

Since Eris Discordia was a Greco-Roman god, this SCIENTIFIC CONFIRMATION* of polytheism clearly refutes the existence of both the monotheistic god you call "Evolution", and the monotheistic god dill uninventively calls "God".

Now that I have refuted all your puny monotheistic arguments, would you like me to quote some scripture? It's very interesting.

*I hope the capital letters show how utterly SERIOUS I AM.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

BY THE WAY IM NOT DILL MY NAME IS JONNY

NOW WHAT YOU HAVE SAID REALLY CANNOT BE TRUE!

THE BIBLE REMAINS UNCHANGED FOR YEARS....THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS NOT MADE UP BY LATER FOLLOWERS!

It's not the things I don't understand in the Bible that bother me, it's the things I do understand!" This accurate insight exposes the real reason most people are afraid to study the Scriptures. They're afraid they might meet the Author, and they know they're not ready to do that...

The Bible doesn't attempt to defend its inspiration. You won't find any verse that says, "This book is really true, so you better believe it!!" But here is an interesting thing: Genesis opens with the words, "God said" nine times in the first chapter. The statement, "Thus says the Lord" appears 23 times in the last Old Testament book Malachi. So you have "God says" from Genesis to Malachi. "The Lord spoke" appears 560 times in the first five books of the Bible and at least 3800 times in the whole of the Old Testament! Isaiah claims at least 40 times that his message came directly from the Lord; Ezekiel, 60 times; and Jeremiah, 100 times! And the Lord Jesus quoted from at least 24 different Old Testament books - that's right, He just quoted.

Say you were going to write a book, and this was how you had to write it: For a start find 40 different writers - totally different writers. Get some who are highly educated, even doctors - then get some farmers. Go dig a guy off a ranch somewhere and say, "I'd like you to help me write a book." Then find some fishermen. Go down to the wharf and find a couple of guys from San Francisco and say, "Hey! listen help me write a book." And they say, "Sure, fine... we'll help you." And then you get all of them to write on the following things: religion, poetry, ethics, science, philosophy, the creation of the universe and where it's going - and ask them to throw in a few things about where they think it will all end.

Next, you need to collect all that information, and then... oh, by the way, you have to separate these people so they can't communicate by phone or telegraph... only possibly word of mouth, passed down over the years. Ah yes, years... you collect all this stuff over about one and a half thousand years, and compile the whole thing in one book. What would you have? I know what you'd have - you'd have the most motley junk you've ever seen in your life, with people totally contradicting each other! I suggest you take a biology textbook from 60 years ago, and compare it with one today. And that's just 60 years! But that's not what you have when you read your Bible. The more you read this book, the more you see the incredible unity of it. Because the more you get into it, the more incredibly detailed it is, and you find there are not 40 people who wrote it, but One Person.

first of all for arch monarch:

There is proof of humans living for hundreds of years, there have been hundreds of discovered skeletons up to 12 feet tall, one femur bone was right up to an ordinary mans neck. and personally i dont know why God created the world in 6 days instead of one because no-one knows why God does what he does

and for metal digital:

Yes, for a start, carbon dating is very innacurate, check out this:

carbon 14 dating

and The so called gils on the embryo are actually ears. Evolutionists have just called them gils to confuse readers and make it look like evolution. Anyway even if they were gils, thats no proof of evolution.

By the way, evolution doesnt have any evidence

Reveilled is just as entitled to believe in Eris as anyone else is entitled to believe that their God spoke directly to them through several intermediaries (instead of directly, like an all-powerful diety would).

Exactly! An all powerful deity would speak to us directly. And who can tell me which deity is the only deity that speaks directly to all of her followers?

In fact, if you check the Useless Information Thread, I once posted the parable of the free Hot Dog, which Eris herself revealed to me some months ago:

"Many years ago, when the son of the goddess was walking around his Imperial Capital of San Francisco, he became endowed with a righteous and almighty hunger. Seeking to satiate the holy hole in his stomach, he did enter an estabishment which did sell the foods of the common man. And the Emperor did strike up a bargain with the man at the counter and said "My Good man, would you give your Emperor a hamburger?", whereupon the spotty faced teenager did reply "Of course, your majesty," and did present him with a burger, saying "That shall be ten cents, my Lord." The Emperor did begin to look sad, and said unto the boy at the counter "Alas, my young subject, I have but five cents with me." The boy, not wishing his emperor to go hungry, did then present him with a hot dog, saying "Well, your grace, the hot dog is only five cents." At this, the Emperor did become solemn, and suddenly did he take the hot dog and toss it in a most righteous manner out of the establishment. Taking the burger in hand, he said unto the boy "The hamburger is five cents, the hot dog is free." And so did the boy become enlightened."

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The Bible: Your Science Book

The Bible is scientifically accurate. The God of the Bible is the God who created the universe. True science and Scripture will always agree - they both have the same Author! No statement in the Scriptures is scientifically incorrect. Science can tabulate the "what," analyze the "how," and probe for the "why," but it can't tell us the "where from," nor the reason for which the universe exists. It can't say who you are or why you are here. It can tell us what we're able to do, but not what we ought to do.

At the same time the Bible was written, people thought the world was fiat and held up by three elephants. Big elephants. Someone asked, "What holds the world up?" Another said, "Three elephants." Then someone ventured to ask, "And what holds up the elephants??" Someone answered, "A big tortoise." And so the early sciences grew.

Now, listen to what God said. Remember, this wasn't written in the last hundred years, or even the last thousand. This comes from over 2500 years ago... "Have you not known? Have you not heard? ... Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is He that sits upon the circle of the earth." (Isaiah 40:21-22) The word "circle" is the word "sphere" in Hebrew. Also, "He stretches out the north over empty space, and hangs the earth on nothing." (Job 26:7) Well, so much for elephants!

There are many other astounding scientific facts in Scripture, presented centuries before it became part of man's "knowledge."

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up." (II Pet. 3:10) This very verse was used nearly a century ago to prove that the Bible couldn't have been divinely inspired because, "How could there be a fire big enough to burn the whole world? Silly fisherman!" It took over two more generations for science to catch up to what God had spoken through Peter, that an atomic reaction could actually melt the basic building blocks of matter itself. God was prophesying how the world would end.

In fact, two verses later we find these words, "...the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!" (vs. 12) Do you know what the word "destroy" is? It's a Greek word that literally means to untie. That's an atomic physics statement from a fisherman! These and countless other examples show us how the Lord has hidden unsurpassed knowledge and wisdom in His Word.

Lots Of Lucky Guesses?

If there's one thing the Bible dares to do, that no other book in the world does, it's to accurately predict the future. God can arrange the situations and circumstances of history to bring about patterns laid down before the foundation of the world. The outline of many of these patterns is revealed in the Bible.

There are about 3,856 verses directly or indirectly concerned with prophecy in Scripture - about one verse in six tells of future events! God's challenge to the world is "Prove Me now - I am the Lord... I will speak, and the word that I speak shall come to pass." (See Jer. 28:9; Ezek. 12:25, 24:14) Buddhists, Confucianists, and Muslims have their own sacred writings, but in them the element of prophecy is obviously absent. The destruction of Tyre, the invasion of Jerusalem, the fall of Babylon and Rome - each were accurately predicted in the Bible and fulfilled to the smallest details.

In the brief life of Jesus alone we see over 300 fulfilled prophecies. The odds that these would all coincide by accident in one person are laughable. By the laws of chance, the conservative odds of even just 48 of those prophecies being fulfilled by one man are one in 10157. (That's 1 followed by 157 zeros!!!) Let me try to give you an idea of how immense this number is.

We'll take a very small object, let's say an electron. (Electrons are so small that if you lined them up, it would take 2

It has been almost universally agreed (except by Creationists) that those bones came from other creatures and were falsely attributed to giants. For example, the Greeks and Romans found the skulls of Mammoths and created the Cyclops mythos due to the hole in the front of the skull where the trunk attached.

I find it kind of sad

the 2nd law of thermodynamics only applies to closed systems... the universe as a whole is not close, therefore there is no violation.

the coriolis effect is hardly proof of anything and i'm not sure what you're trying to imply. either way, the whole clockwise/counter clockwise argument is pretty much a myth and is explained here.

I HAVE MANY ARGUMENTS!

and i have many counter arguments. take a guess at which of us is basing his opinion on logic and observable fact, not faith.

YOU ARE WRONG <rant>

in other words "yup, we still haven't figured it all out, that's why science keeps marching on, continually progressing towards more knowledge." uh, duh.

your methods and lack of logic are the reasons i dismiss you. the fact that you type in all caps as if you were yelling is merely annoying, btw.

they didn't. also, it's pretty easy to read just about any crackpot prediction and eventually find one that roughly coincides with truth. nostradamus is a great example... even his were very course and actually apply to several possible time periods, yet, out of the thousands of predictions he made there are only a dozen or so that even come close. heck, even today's astrologists have a better hit rate than that.

they don't. at least, not with "pinpoint accuracy!" make a vague generalization (purposefully redundant) and half of everything i say will be true at some point in time... and i'm no psychic nor god.

just gave you several. sheesh. it's not difficult.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

first of all for arch monarch:

There is proof of humans living for hundreds of years, there have been hundreds of discovered skeletons up to 12 feet tall, one femur bone was right up to an ordinary mans neck. and personally i dont know why God created the world in 6 days instead of one because no-one knows why God does what he does

GOD MADE THE EARTH IN 6 DAYS TO GIVE US OUR WEEK

i see... and other arbitrary time frames were not possible without that designation, eh?

there have not been credible discoveries of 12 ft. tall humans. sorry, pal, but you're barking up the pseudo-science tree there.

taks

comrade taks... just because.