New Lightsaber Technique

Just turn off your lightsaber and throw it at you opponents head really hard.

They will be so shocked it just might work.

If it doesn't though.................... :)

This reminds me of the old superman TV series. Superman would stand there with his hands on his hip and his chest out while the guy unloaded all six shots of his revolver at him, then ducked when the guy threw the gun.

This reminds me of the old superman TV series.  Superman would stand there with his hands on his hip and his chest out while the guy unloaded all six shots of his revolver at him, then ducked when the guy threw the gun.

The bullets have enough velocity to bounce cleanly off him. The gun, OTOH, might get soot and oil all over his tights.

When you're invulnerable and invincible, the only challenge left is always looking good.

That doesn't account for the sound travelling through the vacuum of space.

But I can suspend my disbelief for a little longer by pretending that, if I could hear it, that's what the battle would sound like. (It still bugs me that Hollywood insists on dumbing down to the audience like this: perhaps there are commercial imperatives to provide a suitable canvas for the spanky THX sound systems ...)

Oh, I agree with you there. But do you really want to sit through 2001: A Space Odyssey again? :sorcerer: Sound is at least half the fun in a movie. I can forgive this inaccuracy because it doesn't detract (to me) from the films.

Actually I really like 2001:A Space Odyssey. It's not a normal film, however, it is a tonal play, and the classical score more tahn made up for a lack of audible feedback for the onscreen violence. (Don't forget that Kubrick made that film in 1968, before the Moon landings, either; or that AC Clarke wrote it from a short story (called "Sentinel") years before.)

But it does continually (and almost constantly) annoy me to hear sound when watching a spacescape.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT