a thread with some info for once? please?

i saw "project new jersey" and i was hoping to get an RPG about the dirtiest state in the union. oh well. i'm curious to know what project new jersey is gonna be about... but not enough to sit through all the teary-eyed posts about how it's console only.

so what folks?

i don't know a SINGLE pc gamer who doesnt have a console as well. obviously if you prefer PC rpgs then Project New Jersey is not for you. Ask them to make a PC version. they probably will anyway if it's a good game.

i PREFER the console RPGs- i'm sure someone reading this will agree for this reason- i use my computers for work, and who wants to spend five hours configuring your computer to get the fame-rate right when all i want to do is wreck people with my sword-lightsaber-whatever and have fun.

i have my xbox, i plug it in, it works, i have fun. i'll buy this New Jersey game, play it, and probably have fun. wanna use a mouse & keyboard? get the splitter jack from GameStop.

have your PC-Console battle somewhere else. it's been going on since the 80s and now its just sad and stupid.

I'm starting this thread not to start some stupid internet war. I just want a Dev or somebody to put some facts down about the project- and perhaps let the Devs ask some questions of the community and get some answers- so people like myself don't have to read 1,000 posts about how they hate consoles and love PCs.

i for one- and i hope this is the only game-theory that gets posted- is NOT set in the sci-fi or fantasy genre... there's already so many great games in these settings. examples- think how cool Fallout was when you first saw it. Jade Empire is another great example (kung-fu). why not something interesting, perhaps modern day real world? strait horror? crime drama? politics?

who cares as long as it's fun. that's what's important in the end, right?

i saw "project new jersey" and i was hoping to get an RPG about the dirtiest state in the union. oh well. i'm curious to know what project new jersey is gonna be about... but not enough to sit through all the teary-eyed posts about how it's console only.

It has been said multiple times that the Devs aren't going to say anything about it yet. When they do, we will most likely have a name for the game, this section's header will be changed, and you will know some facts. Until then, it's all speculation. That's the way it was the last two times. That's the way it is this time. Stop rocking the friggin' boat n00b.

so what folks?

I dunno, what?

i don't know a SINGLE pc gamer who doesnt have a console as well.

Then you don't know many people. Or you don't understand the term 'PC Gamer'. For someone who calls themself such, it usually implies they favor that platform over others, or even only use that platform.

obviously if you prefer PC rpgs then Project New Jersey is not for you.

Obviously you're a n00b. It's still speculation whether or not Project New Jersey is a console exclusive or not, based on the Jobs page on Obsidian's main site. It could be they're just looking for more people familiar with console development to make that side of a dual platform go a little more smoothly.

Ask them to make a PC version. they probably will anyway if it's a good game.

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on the way the contract works assuming it's a console exclusive.

i PREFER the console RPGs- i'm sure someone reading this will agree for this reason- i use my computers for work, and who wants to spend five hours configuring your computer to get the fame-rate right when all i want to do is wreck people with my sword-lightsaber-whatever and have fun.

Then you're not a PC gamer are you. PC gamers in general enjoy tweaking their systems to get the best performance. Messing around with the guts of a .ini file to bust out a couple extra frames per second, or make their hardware perform better than it actually should. That's not even getting into the whole overclocking scene.

i have my xbox, i plug it in, it works, i have fun. i'll buy this New Jersey game, play it, and probably have fun. wanna use a mouse & keyboard? get the splitter jack from GameStop.

I'm glad that works for you. The keyboard and mouse peripherals don't work for all games on an Xbox though, I've looked into it. Really though, PC gaming is about as easy as console gaming so long as a game isn't horridly buggy so you need a patch on release. The only difference is you have to wait a couple minutes while it installs.

have your PC-Console battle somewhere else. it's been going on since the 80s and now its just sad and stupid.

I haven't seen much 'battling'. I've seen people asking for a PC version because that's their platform of choice. If you think this is a 'battle' I think you're fairly new to the internet, as well as not understanding PC gamers.

I'm starting this thread not to start some stupid internet war. I just want a Dev or somebody to put some facts down about the project- and perhaps let the Devs ask some questions of the community and get some answers- so people like myself don't have to read 1,000 posts about how they hate consoles and love PCs.

For someone who's trying 'not to start some stuipd internet war' you've sure opened with an argumentative tone.

i for one- and i hope this is the only game-theory that gets posted- is NOT set in the sci-fi or fantasy genre... there's already so many great games in these settings. examples- think how cool Fallout was when you first saw it. Jade Empire is another great example (kung-fu). why not something interesting, perhaps modern day real world? strait horror? crime drama? politics?

I could go for anything that's not Fantasy personally. There still aren't really that many good Sci-Fi CRPGs. This genre is dominated by fantasy.

who cares as long as it's fun. that's what's important in the end, right?

Indeed. :thumbsup:

Oh, and try to work on your spelling and grammar. It's painful to look at a lower case vowel when you're referring to yourself.

We would all really like some more information, but I'm sure it will come in time. It's probably not Obsidian's decision to release this information, at least not until the publisher has given the OK.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Wouldn't Fallout and Jade Empire qualify as sci-fi and fantasy respectively? [/pedantic]

Yup, but Jade Empire is a different take on the fantasy genre. Its not stereotypical swords and sorcery with dragons and elves and whatnot.

I would like something that isn't swords and sorcery. I would absolutely love a good Steampunk game. A lot more over the top than Arcanum though. Something more like Chris Bachalo and Joe Kelly's SteamPunk comic series, with the emphasis on crazy technology instead of the battle of magic and technology

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wouldn't Fallout and Jade Empire qualify as sci-fi and fantasy respectively? [/pedantic]

Yup, but Jade Empire is a different take on the fantasy genre. Its not stereotypical swords and sorcery with dragons and elves and whatnot.

I would like something that isn't swords and sorcery. I would absolutely love a good Steampunk game. A lot more over the top than Arcanum though. Something more like Chris Bachalo and Joe Kelly's SteamPunk comic series, with the emphasis on crazy technology instead of the battle of magic and technology

Yeah, Steampunk would be awesome... I'd like something like China M

Call Arcanum all you want; but to me it is very much fantasy. A good fantasy game, mind you. :rolleyes:

There was too much magic and not enough crazy steampunkish tech. The world looked too normal so the magic, even though there really wasn't all that much of it, overshadowed the steampunk aspects. So I agree.

Also, would Steampunk be a subgenre of Sci Fi or Fantasy? Or would it be a Fantasy/SciFi hybrid?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Neg. Steampunk doesnt have to have any fantasy elements whatsoever to be steampunk. In fact, it shouldnt IMO.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So you want FF VI, FFVII, FFVIII, and or FFX like game. :wub:

And it is a sub of Fantasy :shifty:

FFVIII and FFX were nothing like FFVI in terms of quality or tech level. FFVIII Was crazy high tech with force fields and spaceships and floating cities, while FFX was just plain wierd. FFVI was about right, with the steam/magic powered battle armor, the imperial capital, and the blimp-like airships. But I wan't something more Victorian.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oh so like Dead....Dead.......Dead sorry cant think of the name but it was a PnP RPG in 90's it set in the wild west with stem punk, Magic, and monsters but unlike most Fantasy Games magic was played down it was sorta like Call of Cathulo but there was a mad scintiste class who made all kinds of stem Robots, Flame throwers and so on

Oh so like Dead....Dead.......Dead sorry cant think of the name but it was a PnP RPG in 90's it set in the wild west with stem punk, Magic, and monsters but unlike most Fantasy Games magic was played down it was sorta like Call of Cathulo but there was a mad scintiste class who made all kinds of stem Robots, Flame throwers and so on

Deadlands I think. Another company is already making a CRPG out of that setting. :p

Headfirst Productions. 

Gamespot Deadlands Page

Thats a CRPG? Looks like a 3rd person shooter to me. If it is a CRPG, I hope before they release it they think "Hey, these graphics were obsolete 2 years ago, we should fix them"

And DAMN, the E3 coverage must be using up all gamespot's bandwidth, because that is slooooowwwwww.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If it is a CRPG, I hope before they release it they think "Hey, these graphics were obsolete 2 years ago, we should fix them"

Excellent, lets keep game developers focusing exclusively on graphics even more, that way costs skyrocket even higher to the point that no one takes any risks and the only people that can afford a game are already established developers!