Would you buy KOTOR if it wasn't Star Wars?

Would you buy KOTOR if it wasn't Star Wars, but had the same gameplay, story, characters, and lazerswords?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy KOTOR if it wasn't Star Wars, but had the same gameplay, story, characters, and lazerswords?

• Yes
    • No
    • KOTOR 1 yes, KOTOR 2 no

I played KotOR despite it being Star Wars. I'm a huge CRPGer, but if anything, I'm a Star Wars hater. I only played KotOR finally because it's basically necessary material for any RPG-focused gamer at this point, and because it was out on PC.

TSL, I played because KotOR was good enough to warrant further play, but moreso, because Avellone and Urquhart were on the job.

So would I buy KotOR and TSL if they weren't Star Wars? Yes, the happier for knowing I wasn't helping to sustain Lucas's franchise.

I've never really been into RPG's, so I didn't give KOTOR much thought until a ton of people whose opinions I respected recommended it. I admit that Star Wars was a selling point, and I found the premise of a story set in ancient times (relative to the movies) to be somewhat interesting, but it was word of mouth that convinced me to buy it. So my answer to the poll is yes.