Interview at EA: Tips on recognizing bugs?

Oerwinde

I played a football game once.  I just kept throwing Hail Marys.  I ended up tying. 

It's okay Baley, American Football confuses me too, and I'm a native.  Now real football, that's something I can understand!

Yeah I love the new PES :blink: ....tho actaully playing the game is far better :blink:

EA could make an RPG ...but they'd probably need to set up a company just for that :blink:

Oh and NHL 2004 wasn't made by EA it was made by Black Box :lol:

Yeah and EA made NHL 2005 so :p"

I mean they had their best simulator in years and decided to do a more arcade vesion :)

The same thing with all the NFSs after Porshe :(

Damn...and I still remeber the EA that published Wasteland :(

Personally my favourite EA game remains FIFA 94 :blink:

Great game :)

2004 was nowhere near the best in the NHL series. Nowhere near. 200, for exmaple, was awesome. So was '96 IIRC. And, besides, all they had to do in 2004 is add to an already great game. Maybe if they hire the one who started this thread, they'll have Q to make sure 2005 is fixed.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:"> Never played 2000(I had a crap Pc so...)

96 tho was great...tho that could be just coz I love the old games :blink:

I've played most,tho and IMO 2004 was a great blend of graphics and gameplay :):)

Never played Hockey in real life so I'm no expert :D

Eh. I haven't played any of the EA games on PC. Sports games aren't meant to be played on consoles; not on PC. Bah.

I played hockey. I'm better playing road or floor hockey though as I suck at skating...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Eh. I haven't played any of the EA games on PC. Sports games aren't meant to be played on consoles; not on PC. Bah.

I played hockey. I'm better playing road or floor hockey though as I suck at skating...

Well then you can't see how EA is downgrading some gameplay elemnts to work with the keyboard :)

NBA is crap with a keyboard :)

Consoles are the work of the devil. It would be like a record company releases a certain type of record that can only be played on one speficic player so that in order to be able to listen to the music you want, you need to have 4-5 different players in your stereo.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I played a football game once.  I just kept throwing Hail Marys.  I ended up tying. 

It's okay Baley, American Football confuses me too, and I'm a native.  Now real football, that's something I can understand!

Yeah I love the new PES :- ....tho actaully playing the game is far better :(

EA could make an RPG ...but they'd probably need to set up a company just for that :)

Oh and NHL 2004 wasn't made by EA it was made by Black Box :(

Black Box was bought out by EA 3-4 years ago. Once the expansion on the Burnaby campus is finished, they'll close down the Vancouver office and bring the team, along with Team Fusion, their PSP division down the road from the main office, into EA proper as well.

As for needing to set up a company to make RPGs, they plan on doubling the work force of the EA Canada branch in Greater Vancouver (Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, etc.), and they currently employ around 2000 people. So I think they'd have ample people to do one. At the interview they also said that EA wants to expand and eventually be the worlds largest entertainment company. Not just video games, but entertainment in general. So after that Lord of the Rings game, they might just be ready to try to make some RPGs.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well that Lord of the Rings game was a FFX clone, so if they could just do something similar, without completely ripping off an existing game and taking the storyline directly from a movie, they could sell pretty well. JRPG style games are very story heavy, and while theres very little role playing exactly, they still sell well and are very entertaining.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah...Then again it wasn't at FF level :(

It just sold thanks to the licence :-"

As fot JRPGs....I'd rather see them remaining J :D

Well I'm sure after the success of KotOR they'd be willing to do something around those lines.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Update:

Unfortunately we did not find a team fit that matched your skill set and we will not be proceeding further with your application at this time.

At least they actually let me know instead of leaving me hanging like EVERY other interview I've had where they said they'd let me know either way.

Update: 10 minutes after getting this email, I got a phone call from Wal-Mart telling me I didn't get the job there either, because of my opinion survey. I guess not criticizing the company is more important than being on time. (The other guy they interviewed for the position said he was late pretty often)

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sorry to hear you didn't get it, Oerwinde. Keep bangin' away and you'll get there.

One tip - I'd reallyreallyreally watch posting private correspondance from a company on any sort of forum/blog. I'd even suggest editing that post. Companies really don't like that sort of thing and I'd hate to see your chances for a future gig get lessened over something so trivial.

Hrmm, well it looked like a form letter, so I figured thered be no harm... I'll edit just to be safe.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Update:

Unfortunately we did not find a team fit that matched your skill set and we will not be proceeding further with your application at this time.

At least they actually let me know instead of leaving me hanging like EVERY other interview I've had where they said they'd let me know either way.

Update: 10 minutes after getting this email, I got a phone call from Wal-Mart telling me I didn't get the job there either, because of my opinion survey. I guess not criticizing the company is more important than being on time. (The other guy they interviewed for the position said he was late pretty often)

What'd you say? :)"

Sorry to hear you didn't get it, Oerwinde.  Keep bangin' away and you'll get there.

One tip - I'd reallyreallyreally watch posting private correspondance from a company on any sort of forum/blog.  I'd even suggest editing that post.  Companies really don't like that sort of thing and I'd hate to see your chances for a future gig get lessened over something so trivial.

Thats bullsh*t, that was a standard "no" letter and there is no way they could connect his nick with his person.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Update:

They asked me "should an employee criticize the company when he/she believes it to be wrong" I said yes, otherwise nothing will change.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Update:

They asked me "should an employee criticize the company when he/she believes it to be wrong" I said yes, otherwise nothing will change.

Yeah, that'd do it. I guess you've never seen one of their pep rallies.