Is Mira broken?

Greetings, long time lurker first time poster.

I am currently doing my second LS playthrough and encountered a strange problem while talking to Mira. ( I am LSM )

I will list some of the dialog here. So kinda spoiler warning...

When talking to her I basicly have 3 options.

1) Where you raised on Nar Shaada?

2) Tell me about hanharr.

3) Why dont you kill your targets?

Now I have more or less no influence with her and option 1 & 2 will get me nowhere. Now if I ask about 3 I get the option to say [Awareness] Because all life is connected, and Malachor proved it, you know what the loss of family means, even to your targets. She will end up talking about shooting me and dumbing me through an airlock (heh).

Now when I talk to her again I apologize and this is where the game gets weird. In the next dialog I have the option to say "Still I am sorry you lost your family at Malachor". Now technically I have not asked her about where she were raised because I did not have enough influence and yet here I know about this.

Is this because I were able to say [Awareness] Because all life is connected, and Malachor proved it, you know what the loss of family means, even to your targets. in the first dialog?

And this has a rather huge impact... if I dont take the route of saying I am sorry you lost your family I will not hear her story about wanting to find families for other (or something like that). And if I dont hear this I will not be able to hear her story about Hanharr.

So... anyone got some input?

Rgs

Flyboi

She has joined be for almost 50% of the game so far.

( I left Nar Shardaa with her a long time ago ).

I can't seem to get influence with her besides talking to her. And yes I could simply follow the dialog and unluck everything, but I would prefer to hear in the correct order.

( She should tell me her mandalorien history and how she lost her family before I began feeling sorry for her family... It feel like cheating the other way around. )

Heh I would never use any tools in this type of game.

My dilemma is: I know exactly what to say and which lines to chose in order to get her talking (Hanharr talking). But following that dialogpath goes against logic. It requires me to comment on something I "don't know" yet.

Sooo.... I could simply abort the conversation and take what ever influence I can get without "cheating" but sadly I don't think I will be able to get any influence with her anywhere else. And thereby not being able to convert her heh.

Guess it is just another glitch in this game....

you can gain a lot of influence on her on Dxun/Onderon.

in dialog with her i always use the following order:

1. why she never kills - followed by the [awerness] line.

2. apolagize (i think you only get this after the above)

3. tell me about Hanharr.

4. raised on Nar Shadaa.

5. Why restless (only onboard the ebon hawk)

this way i can "turn" her without leaving nar shadaa. sadly this only work if your LS - so i usually fall to the dark side after i trained her to become a jedi. (in my opinion the greatest challenge in the game: get handmaiden and mira to become DARK jedi :thumbsup: )

I never got mira ds so I can't say anything there but for me getting handmaiden to be a ds jedi was rather easy as all I had to do were the fights and I think something else I don't remember. as for mira I always get all the influence I need talking to her and before I even leave nar shadaa. :wub:

Heh I would never use any tools in this type of game.

My dilemma is: I know exactly what to say and which lines to chose in order to get her talking (Hanharr talking). But following that dialogpath goes against logic. It requires me to comment on something I "don't know" yet.

Sooo.... I could simply abort the conversation and take what ever influence I can get without "cheating" but sadly I don't think I will be able to get any influence with her anywhere else. And thereby not being able to convert her heh.

Guess it is just another glitch in this game....

I think it is more a question of the structure of the dialgue mechanism.

By that, I mean, that once you have (e.g. gained influence) you will have access to responses in the dialgue tree that weren't available before. This is an accepted and useful way to manage the process of talking to someone. (Let's face it, if you buy into the [Awareness] or [Wisdom] concept, then this is just an extension of that technique.)

Perhaps there should be a line about Mira's family -- maybe a choken off exclamation about her parents, or whatever -- between the "Why you never kill" and "[Awareness]" lines. There are other instances, in K2 and other games, where this tactic is used, so I understood what was happenning. (Frequently a line of dialogue that will solve a "gatekeeper" type NPC is not available until a quest is performed, thus managing the flow fo events in the game by ensuring the quest is done before the NPC gate is passed.)

:wub:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think it is more a question of the structure of the dialgue mechanism.

By that, I mean, that once you have (e.g. gained influence) you will have access to responses in the dialgue tree that weren't available before. This is an accepted and useful way to manage the process of talking to someone. (Let's face it, if you buy into the [Awareness] or [Wisdom] concept, then this is just an extension of that technique.)

Perhaps there should be a line about Mira's family -- maybe a choken off exclamation about her parents, or whatever -- between the "Why you never kill" and "[Awareness]" lines. There are other instances, in K2 and other games, where this tactic is used, so I  understood what was happenning. (Frequently a line of dialogue that will solve a "gatekeeper" type NPC is not available until a quest is performed, thus managing the flow fo events in the game by ensuring the quest is done before the NPC gate is passed.)

:huh:

I guess you are right. As Lord Nihlilus writes:

1. why she never kills - followed by the [awerness] line.

2. apolagize (i think you only get this after the above)

3. tell me about Hanharr.

4. raised on Nar Shadaa.

5. Why restless (only onboard the ebon hawk)

That is the only way to gain any influence with her. I have had her with me on some parts of Nar Shaarda, on Dantoinee, on Duxon/Onderon both times, and I have yet to gain influence by any actions (helping the poor and needing :p).

Thx all!