Bugged Force Powers!?

So it does work?

Yes.

Then by that measure you should still be affected (infrequently) in the Pits. Which didn't happen to me at all, and I killed every single hostile Gand in the place (which took a few invocations of the power).

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

As regards the 'Poison Room' next to the museum in Queen Talia's palace: poison immunity - regardless of its source - works insofar as you do not actually get poisoned (health bar turning green, loss of stats/VP and so on). The problem is that the game still applies a debilitating effect (red cross on the character icon, inability to act in any way for one or more rounds) even if you are immune to poison. Droids are not affected, only meatbags.

Then by that measure you should still be affected (infrequently) in the Pits. Which didn't happen to me at all, and I killed every single hostile Gand in the place (which took a few invocations of the power).

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

When you first get the Jedi Breathing power, you appear to be totally immune to the poisonous atmosphere in the Jek Jek Pits. And at no point have I ever (with poison mask or Force Power) succumbed to the poison in these rooms ... unless the power has run out.

My point is that surely, for consistency, if you can in fact be affected by the poison (not poisoned, but rendered immobile), then this should also happen in the Jek Jek Pits, too. :ph34r:

As regards the 'Poison Room' next to the museum in Queen Talia's palace: poison immunity - regardless of its source - works insofar as you do not actually get poisoned (health bar turning green, loss of stats/VP and so on). The problem is that the game still applies a debilitating effect (red cross on the character icon, inability to act in any way for one or more rounds) even if you are immune to poison. Droids are not affected, only meatbags.

And, furthermore, it would make sense that the poison mask would fail occassionally, too, then -- and I don't remember it ever failing. :blink:

What I am trying to point out (not very eloquently, it appears :D ) is that the behaviour is not consistent when using the Force Breathing power when you first use it and anywhere else in the game, which detracts from the suspension of disbelief. Also, I want to be able to use wierd and unexpected methods to solve seemingly insoluble tasks ... reward for innovative thinking is a sweet feeling.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

As far as I can tell the 'poison room' in the Iziz palace is the only inconsistency. I checked most occurrences of poison/poisoning from Peragus to Malachor before I made my post; what I did not check was Korriban (academy) and Dantooine (Kinrath cave).

The two Nar Shaddaa poisoning bugs - that is, the two scripted occasions where you get poisoned even if you are immune - have no bearing on Breath Control because you don't have the power yet when they occur.

The Kinrath cave may be somewhat interesting because Breath Control is ostensibly about inhaled poisons (d'oh) but the Kinrath poisoning is via injection or contact transfer, something that you cannot protect against by holding your breath. I guess the power, like the breath mask, will simply protect against all kinds of poisoning whether it makes sense or not. I have never done Dantooine after Nar Shaddaa, so there is no savegame that I could load for a quick check.

As far as I can tell the 'poison room' in the Iziz palace is the only inconsistency. I checked most occurrences of poison/poisoning from Peragus to Malachor before I made my post; what I did not check was Korriban (academy) and Dantooine (Kinrath cave).

The two Nar Shaddaa poisoning bugs - that is, the two scripted occasions where you get poisoned even if you are immune - have no bearing on Breath Control because you don't have the power yet when they occur.

The Kinrath cave may be somewhat interesting because Breath Control is ostensibly about inhaled poisons (d'oh) but the Kinrath poisoning is via injection or contact transfer, something that you cannot protect against by holding your breath. I guess the power, like the breath mask, will simply protect against all kinds of poisoning whether it makes sense or not. I have never done Dantooine after Nar Shaddaa, so there is no savegame that I could load for a quick check.

Yeah, it just all feels inconsistent. I have done Nar Shaddar before Dantooine, so I think the issue existst there, too.

That's a valid poison-on-contact point you make; however, consider this: a poison implant would give total immunity as it would act like an artificial kidney and remove the toxins from the blood, whether injested through the lungs or skin. So maybe the mask has an element of the implant (remove the poison from the lungs like CO2?) o:)

I mean, I don't want to geek out and submit the game mechanics to a low-level scan for logical consitency (because I fear for the conclusion -- how can the mitochondria of the muscles do work without the lactic acid waste being removed and new Oxygen fuel to burn? :p" ), just that --- gee, I dunno, maybe I have a higher threshold for science credibility than most of the audience, so that when these issues pop up I get irritated whilst others just keep on obliviously playing. ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 6 months later...

FAorce Valor also increases your defence. As it increases your Dexterity your defence is also increased with one or two points.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...
Both in KotOR1 & 2, Knight Speed and Master Speed hadn't granted me any bonus attacks per round when i use them.

But, besides that i didn't have any other problems or bugs, so i was lucky.

I didnt have much problems with force power bugs at all. I probably didnt notice the saving throw and defense bonuses, but attacks I did notice because they showed up on screen. I love using two lightsabers, master speed, and juyo style to gain four attacks per round.