What is Orlando Blooms new film about?

His name is Ralph Fiennes and he can do a wonderful job of it. He also had the lead as Lenny Nero in the movie "Strange Days" and John Steed in "The Avengers" remake. His brother, Joseph Fiennes would also make a good choice as well. He was in "Shakespeare in Love." Not a bad movie.

Jude Law isnt a bad choice.

well as I said, he would be my choice too .. but something about him seems a little off, in regards to the Bond spirit! he's more like a bacardi breezer type than the Dry Martini sort..

At the very least he could make a very good Bond Bad guy that could show up in multiple Bond movies, like Jaws did.

well as I said, he would be my choice too .. but something about him seems a little off, in regards to the Bond spirit! he's more like a bacardi breezer type than the Dry Martini sort..

Every bond is a bit different. Roger Moore never had that hard edge that Connery had.

What about Jason Connery ? Havnt seen him in years whats he upto these days?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

At the very least he could make a very good Bond Bad guy that could show up in multiple Bond movies, like Jaws did.

never thought of that .. but absolutely true!! he would make a great bad-guy ..

like the anti-bond! same qualities but just evil instead ..

Fortune favors the bald.

never thought of that .. but absolutely true!! he would make a great bad-guy ..

like the anti-bond! same qualities but just evil instead ..

Goldeneye the movie :lol:

yes quite .. but still not exactly the anti-bond! he was quite the rough customer you know! we need charming lads!

Fortune favors the bald.

This might be the best medieval film since Blackknight

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 3 weeks later...

One man must unite a kingdom and defeat his own wussiness, in order to regain the love, of his long lost dog, against all odds

It seems like this has been done before.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

His name is Ralph Fiennes and he can do a wonderful job of it.  He also had the lead as Lenny Nero in the movie "Strange Days" and John Steed in "The Avengers" remake.  His brother, Joseph Fiennes would also make a good choice as well.  He was in "Shakespeare in Love."  Not a bad movie.

Ralph (likes to pronounce his name without the "l", as in "Rafe") is a good actor: he was darn good in Hannibal (Silence of the Lambs 3: The prequel) but he might be a little too stiff. There just aren't any superstars anymore, so it will always be a compromise. Jude Law is a pathetic wannabe. Denzel Washington (if he was "in" the part) would be very cool: he is a brilliant actor. Maybe if Robert Downey Jr wasn't so flakey he might pull it off (he has that air of danger about him, but is too John Cleese, really); I vote for Angelina Jolie. :("

The film is about the Third Crusade, reviews are quite good from both Christian and Muslim sources (the latter saying merely that Saladin is portrayed too noble, as usual with Western Europeans).

It is being made by Ridley "Gladiator" Scott, and is apparently adhering closely to historical fact, hence the lack of offence from those-that-are-quite-entitled-to-be. (There should a a link to the Pope thread here, after all it was Pope Gregory VIII who proposed the Third Crusade in the first place.)

:lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just a minor correction Meta, the film is about the fall of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, a Crusader state from the first Crusade, to Saladin and his muslim armies in 1187, an incident which sparked the Third Crusade a few years later to reclaim the lost land, lead by Richard the Lionheart himself. (however, I doubt we'll see him in this movie)

I'm going to see it May 5, looking forward to as Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors. (Gladiator, Alien, 1492: Conquest of Paradise, Black Hawk Down) ^_^

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Just a minor correction Meta, the film is about the fall of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, a Crusader state from the first Crusade, to Saladin and his muslim armies in 1187, an incident which sparked the Third Crusade a few years later to reclaim the lost land, lead  by Richard the Lionheart himself. (however, I doubt we'll see him in this movie)

I'm going to see it May 5, looking forward to as Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors. (Gladiator, Alien, 1492: Conquest of Paradise, Black Hawk Down) ^_^

:( D'oh!

I wondered why there was no significant hype about Richard 3 associated with the movie!

Okay that makes more sense. :blink:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Agreed, I was glad to see Ridley Scott directing it. That alone makes me have faith that the movie might be good. He knows how to make a good action movie that isn't cheese. Remember he

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Agreed, I was glad to see Ridley Scott directing it. That alone makes me have faith that the movie might be good. He knows how to make a good action movie that isn't cheese. Remember he

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I didn't know he directed GI Jane (or perhaps my brain induced some sort of analgesic amnesia by blotting out the existence of this film for me).

Yea, he was the director and producer for G.I. Jane. LOL!

Anyway, I looked over at imdb and someone saw an advance screening of this movie and said it was awesome. He said it was better than Gladiator and the fights were more impressive than the LOTR movies. And he pointed out the only negative about the film was the poor acting by Orlando Bloom. :)

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Yes indeed, I don't think we'll see Richard in this film, but what the heck I guess I'll manage. ^_^

As for GI Jane, not very impressed there, but I did like Gladiator a LOT, especially Reed who drank himself to death in a bar during shooting, not the worst way to check out but still, he was a good actor.

Oh and I'm not much of an Olie fan myself, I was pleased with his whimpering character in Troy though (however inaccurate the film was), I think it sorta suited him. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Yes indeed, I don't think we'll see Richard in this film, but what the heck I guess I'll manage. ^_^

As for GI Jane, not very impressed there, but I did like Gladiator a LOT, especially Reed  who drank himself to death in a bar during shooting, not the worst way to check out but still, he was a good actor.

Oh and I'm not much of an Olie fan myself, I was pleased with his whimpering character in Troy though (however inaccurate the film was), I think it sorta suited him.  :thumbsup:

Yeah but Helen wasn't nearly beautiful enough to pull off the part. (Angelina Jolie would have sold it to me. :blink: )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Mmm, Angelina. I liked her in Alexander, she has some sort of aristocratic glow about her that I like. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!