Baldur's Gate

BG is/was amazing. But it is about 7 years out of date. I tried played thro' BG again about 2003, and it was really painful. The story and stuff was still great, but the interface (especially the journal, and the pathfinding) was so poor(/old-fashioned) it was just.. *shudders*

It is dated...I can't playe the orignal BG without the TUTU Mod installed, but I still adore both BGs more than anything. And then there's Icewind Dale...which I didn't like...

IWD failed because it took the fun out of hack and slash games (Diablo was a good hack 'n' slash), yet it took the fun out of RPing too (BG was a good RP game). It was, like, not frantic and mad enough to be a good hacker, and ws too plotless to be a good RP game. A waste, I have to say. A shame, cos a lot of the more technical side of it, the voiceovers etc was rather good.

IWD failed because it took the fun out of hack and slash games (Diablo was a good hack 'n' slash), yet it took the fun out of RPing too (BG was a good RP game). It was, like, not frantic and mad enough to be a good hacker, and ws too plotless to be a good RP game. A waste, I have to say. A shame, cos a lot of the more technical side of it, the voiceovers etc was rather good.

That's pretty much my problem with the IWD...I liked the look of it, but the game failed to interest me. No characters to interact with... :) Also after the first few scenes of snowy mountains I felt like I was going snowblind. I loved the soundsets for IWD though...and I use them in BG2.