Too many patch whiners

Damn you British and your Geography >_<

Actually I am not British, I just live here. :p

So is British Geography better than its US counterpart :- ?

The creation myths of the indigenous peoples of Micronesia are more accurate than the average american's concept of World geography...

Here is the average American's preception of "The World"...

Damn you British and your Geography :(

So is British Geography better than its US counterpart :blink: ?

The creation myths of the indigenous peoples of Micronesia are more accurate than the average american's concept of World geography...

(w00t) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree about American Geography but is the British one any better :blink: ?

I agree about American Geography but is British one any better :blink: ?

I would guess yes, because Britain actually ruled the world at one point, as opposed to America, which just wants too...

I agree about American Geography but is British one any better :blink: ?

I would guess yes, because Britain actually ruled the world at one point, as opposed to America, which just wants too...

Shhh. Don't tell Georgie. He gonna invade England.

Actually I am not British, I just live here. :lol:

It was thirty years ago, not so much now. My memories of school in the USA confirm the woeful state of education there: I went from third form in the UK to grade six for most subjects and seven for English (I was reading Colditz when I arrived) and Mathematics (gotta love algebra).

Damn you British and your Geography :blink:

And their arrogant idolisation (word?) of their hell-spawned language. :ph34r:

Not idolisation, just utility: English is the Whore-mother of all languages, borrowing, stealing and anglicizing words from any and every language that has anything to say. No qualms, no reservations: from schadenfreude to dinghy, pythagoras to alcohol. (Hangover from Empire days, for sure. The French are very jealous.) :lol:"

Also I am still a beginner on other languages, English is my personal favourite because I have spent so much time learning as many of her idiosyncracies as I can ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So is British Geography better than its US counterpart :( ?

The sun never set on the British Empire ... pink on all the maps (pink was used to indicate the Empire). So all those children had to learn where every little colonial pink bit was.

Did you know the French had their own Greenwich mean until the late 19th century? If it wasn't for the British defeating the French in the American continent, nous parlerions le fran

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How bout Russia FaramirK? :(

I would like to think that if a mighty nation invaded Russia, my fellows would be shaken out of the sex/crime/pleasure/drug/vodka crazed state most of them are currently in and be able to not only drive them out but march all the way to their capital and level it, but I don't hold out much hope. Our army is lazy and our weapons are obsolete. Our Nuclear Deterent is pretty much all we have left. God bless the Рокетчки.

How bout Russia FaramirK? :(

I would like to think that if a mighty nation invaded Russia, my fellows would be shaken out of the sex/crime/pleasure/drug/vodka crazed state most of them are currently in and be able to not only drive them out but march all the way to their capital and level it, but I don't hold out much hope. Our army is lazy and our weapons are obsolete. Our Nuclear Deterent is pretty much all we have left. God bless the Рокетчки.

Just don't hide on a submarine ... :blink:

Don't worry, the biggest threat is China, and they're not going to start a war with Russia: the USA will be beaten on their capitalistic terms (China has already bought most of the USA's foreign debt .... should the Chinese decide that Swiss Francs are a better investment than the US dollar then the US is in serious bantha poodoo.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't worry, the biggest threat is China, and they're not going to start a war with Russia

Funny you should say that, I decided I should start learning Chinese about three years ago...we had them on a leesh at one point, but we really screwed that up bad...

Russia is the whole reason your country was ravaged for 50+ years. At least when America ruins a country they leave you in charge of the ruins.

Not entirely The British,Americans and Russians divided the world amongst themselves

They're all to blame.

Let's not forget we were getting our ass kicked when we turned on the Germans.

And in the late 60's Ceausescu actually reformed the party politics.

People opened stores...censorship almost dissapeared.

Then he went insane and adopted some stupid asian comunist ideas :p

Are you nuts? The USA spends more on its military than the rest of the entire world, put together!

Nobody conquered Russian...nobody :-

Don't worry, the biggest threat is China, and they're not going to start a war with Russia

Funny you should say that, I decided I should start learning Chinese about three years ago...we had them on a leesh at one point, but we really screwed that up bad...

Yeah, well, either learn it now of your own free will, or later as a necessity. If Darwin is right, we'll all be Chinese sooner or later. (Although the Indian subcontinent is making a good late rally.) :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Russia is the whole reason your country was ravaged for 50+ years. At least when America ruins a country they leave you in charge of the ruins.

Not entirely The British,Americans and Russians divided the world amongst themselves

They're all to blame.

Let's not forget we were getting our ass kicked when we turned on the Germans.

And in the late 60's Ceausescu actually reformed the party politics.

People opened stores...censorship almost dissapeared.

Then he went insane and adopted some stupid asian comunist ideas :p

Are you nuts? The USA spends more on its military than the rest of the entire world, put together!

So that mustn't have been a McDonalds in Red Square that I saw in the 1980s, then? :p :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, nobody except the Mongols...we're just to big and to unorganised :D

Why would you want to conquer us?

Interesting "what if"...what if Жуков (Zhukov) had taken power either from Stalin right after WW2 or after Stalin's death, instead of helping Khruschev into power? The Soviet Union might still be around, and alot happier.