KOTOR 2/3 (not again i hear you scream)

Just finshed KOTOR 2, and i have to say, i loved it, bugs and all. The story left the first one standing, even the cop out ending.

Just a few thoughts though, i played a LS female, so i got the ebon hawk ending. Umm, how did the ebon hawk survive? I mean, the movie clip itself is called the death of the ebon hawk! Are there more than one?

Anyway, while browsing through the databanks of starwars.com, under the sith entries, is this description

'The last great conflict took place on the scarred plains of Ruusan. The Sith Lord Kaan and his Brotherhood of Darkness did battle with the Jedi Army of Light. From this onslaught, one Sith escaped: Darth Bane. It was he who would resurrect the order with duplicity and secrecy in mind.'

Darth bane is the one who re-created the sith, with the idea that there could only be 2, master and apprentice. This line continued all the way through to the movies. We know from Kreia that the final battle will be against the true Sith, and its fairly likely that it refers to the statement above. It sets the movie up, and would lead to a fairly fantastic epic conclusion.

As for the game itself, someone suggest two parts, the first part dealing with revan, the second part with the exile. Personally, i'd prefer it it was the exile first, and revan second. The story began with revan, it should end with revan.

Well, as you said, K2 is very buggy. Everyone AFAIK gets the Ebon Hawk ending, but how it survived, uh, magic?

Anyway, for K3, I thought it'd be cool to do something similar to your idea. Basically deal with the repurcussions of the actions of Revan and Exile and learn what happened to em in the process. And with a completely new PC, new NPCs, preferably much later than K2, and without some kind of special PC. Just a regular dude, though a jedi dude.

Oh, and welcome to the Obsidian forums!

Just finshed KOTOR 2, and i have to say, i loved it, bugs and all. The story left the first one standing, even the cop out ending.

Just a few thoughts though, i played a LS female, so i got the ebon hawk ending. Umm, how did the ebon hawk survive? I mean, the movie clip itself is called the death of the ebon hawk! Are there more than one?

Anyway, while browsing through the databanks of starwars.com, under the sith entries, is this description

'The last great conflict took place on the scarred plains of Ruusan. The Sith Lord Kaan and his Brotherhood of Darkness did battle with the Jedi Army of Light. From this onslaught, one Sith escaped: Darth Bane. It was he who would resurrect the order with duplicity and secrecy in mind.'

Darth bane is the one who re-created the sith, with the idea that there could only be 2, master and apprentice. This line continued all the way through to the movies. We know from Kreia that the final battle will be against the true Sith, and its fairly likely that it refers to the statement above. It sets the movie up, and would lead to a fairly fantastic epic conclusion.

As for the game itself, someone suggest two parts, the first part dealing with revan,  the second part with the exile. Personally, i'd prefer it it was the exile first, and revan second. The story began with revan, it should end with revan.

As for the game itself, someone suggest two parts, the first part dealing with revan,  the second part with the exile. Personally, i'd prefer it it was the exile first, and revan second. The story began with revan, it should end with revan.

I totally agree on that last point...There needs to be a final battle between Revan and the Exile, PERIOD.

Pah! I am becoming very tired of hearing that we either need another anonymous Jedi to make a trio, or that Exile and Revan should not fight against one another, or together against their enemies...I want to see those two fight each other, or fight together against their enemies...Anything else, and I won't be buying K3 because I simply won't beleive in it.

K2 is good enough for my modding uses and needs, I don't need another de-functional game, not after how much I've had to fix modding K2...No thanks <_<

K2 is probably the last KotoR game I'll be buying, because I doubt K3's developer will get it into their ferrocrete skulls that there needs to be an end to Revan and the Exile...Or at least to Revan...

I really don't think adding a bounch of new Force powers and feats and making the game go to level 100 is a good change, which is exactly what K3 will be, gameplay wise...K2 was enough in that stupididity department...I can't abide them adding even more USELESS powers, feats, and giving you level 100 while the AI only goes to 20 :devil:

Pah! I am becoming very tired of hearing that we either need another anonymous Jedi to make a trio, or that Exile and Revan should not fight against one another, or together against their enemies...

I agree. I'm actually getting somewhat sick of hearing Revan this, Exile that, and oooh, K3 PC there...Let Revan and the Exile just go away already!!! As in-game PCs/NPCs at least.

No.

The Battle of Ruusan is in the Jedi vs Sith comics that were done to tie the Jedi Order and the Sith as shown in the new movies and the comics that shown a diferent Jedi Order and several Sith existing at the same time without being called Darth something.

It takes place about 1000 years before Ep I starts and so about 2000 years after TSL.

Not that LucasArts cares about Star Wars continuity (as the KotOR games so clearly shows) but the Battle of Ruusan was "borrowed" from the Valley of the Jedi that is from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

drakron.png

I totally agree on that last point...There needs to be a final battle between Revan and the Exile, PERIOD... Anything else, and I won't be buying K3 because I simply won't beleive in it... there needs to be an end to Revan and the Exile...Or at least to Revan...

Why is it necessary to have a battle between Revan and the Exile?

No.

The Battle of Ruusan is in the Jedi vs Sith comics that were done to tie the Jedi Order and the Sith as shown in the new movies and the comics that shown a diferent Jedi Order and several Sith existing at the same time without being called Darth something.

It takes place about 1000 years before Ep I starts and so about 2000 years after TSL.

Not that LucasArts cares about Star Wars continuity (as the KotOR games so clearly shows) but the Battle of Ruusan was "borrowed" from the Valley of the Jedi that is from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

Oooops, sorry, i didn't know that. Still, would have been cool, letting the exile gather a huge jedi army of light, then heading off to meet revan and battle the true lords of the sith,

Just imagining taking my characters in a fight with lots of sith, whole in the back ground lots of npcs duke it out.

As for continuity, i'd say lucas arts cares a little. They've introduced KOTOR in the main canon to a degree a least. KOTOR shows up now under the databanks, and some events carry across into major descriptions, for example, the bombing of the jedi enclave by darth malak uner the dantooine entry.

I would like to see a two game. exile's story and then revan's.

In exile's story i'd see him go looking for Revan. He meets up with Bastila and/or Carth along the way. Why they are looking for Revan. Bastila or Carth depending on Revan's gender and alignment. Get captured by the true Sith right before the exile finds Revan. Exile scarifices himself to get Revan. Before he dies Exile tells Revan the republic needs you. and whoever didn't get capture tells Revan that the other one got captured.

Revan's story, first Revan finds their love. along the way meets up with his team for the mission and discovers the sith battleplan. after they free their love. Revan and his party must leas the conquest or defense of the republic

I would like to see a two game. exile's story and then revan's.

In exile's story i'd see him go looking for Revan. He meets up with Bastila and/or Carth along the way.  Why they are looking for Revan. Bastila or Carth depending on Revan's gender and alignment. Get captured by the true Sith right before the exile finds Revan. Exile scarifices himself to get Revan. Before he dies Exile tells Revan the republic needs you. and whoever didn't get capture tells Revan that the other one got captured.

Revan's story, first Revan finds their love. along the way meets up with his team for the mission and discovers the sith battleplan. after they free their love. Revan and his party must leas the conquest or defense of the republic

Hmm... When I think of Reven and Exile, I think of the characters I created when I first played the games... and since they both were psycotic massmurderers I'd actually like to see them behind bars or something... :-) Can't have guys like that running around our streets :rolleyes:

But seriously, KOTORIII needs a principal character with:

1) a past - none of that memory-loss bull... we've seen that twice now

2) a name - so we can hear it pronounced (this worked in part i KOTORI but not in KOTORII where they just said "exile"...)

3) a somewhat clear cut mission as a starting point in the game...

...and he should start out as either DS og LS - none of that Grey Side bull (... they even made a Grey Jedi Robe!!!) - so if you start out as - say - DS, you have to be an absolutely arse throughout the game to maintain it...

Or you could say: If you don't follow the jedi-code you're not a jedi, as well as if you don't follow the sith code, you're not sith... you know... stop using stupid lables.... :-)

And for Gods sake (and this is importent, I think): KOTORIII has to make a real destiction between Jedi / Sith / Dark Jedi / (Grey Jedi!)... (would actually be cool, if they could just say, that "the sith" is an alien race from Ziost who were ruled by so called dark jedi... and Reven & Co were followers of the sith culture)

Regarding the whole "lord" and "darth"-thing... why not "duke"? Like... Dark Duke of the Sith :lol:

Anyways, my two cents! o:)