The Bard's Tale Demo was released

karka

How so?  Money a bit tight?  Or do you mean they show the money flying out of your possession in the same way that they show it flying in?

If they provided an animation of the shopkeeper doing a little dance as this is taking place, I can very well see it being depressing. :devil:

Yep money is pretty tight. Especially if you want to unlock all the extra's. And yes it drains out of your purse when you buy something. Watching 7000+ coins draining from your purse makes you wince (even if it is virtual).

I finished the game with 24,000 silver. Compared to 350,000+ gold in CoN:RtA.

Oh it's worse... Just buy the "secret" map in Houton...

Shopping is actually really great in this game because the shopkeepers will comment on absolutely everything they sell. It makes clicking from a list a tad dry in comparison.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yep money is pretty tight. Especially if you want to unlock all the extra's. And yes it drains out of your purse when you buy something. Watching 7000+ coins draining from your purse makes you wince (even if it is virtual).

I finished the game with 24,000 silver. Compared to 350,000+ gold in CoN:RtA.

Oh it's worse... Just buy the "secret" map in Houton...

Shopping is actually really great in this game because the shopkeepers will comment on absolutely everything they sell. It makes clicking from a list a tad dry in comparison.

Maybe it's a mistaken impression, but I get the feeling that there's a good amount of detail included with this Bard's Tale. You've got a character with an actual personality, you've got shopkeepers commenting about the items they sell, there's an undead viking longing to go to Valhalla (and who actually thumps his hand down on the arm of his throne at the appropriate points in his speeches instead of using a stock "angry" animation that has him flail around like a madman)...

*is a fan of detail in games*

Could be a very refreshing change of pace, this game. Not to my usual taste, but it could very well be worthwhile.

And I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what CoN:RtA stand for. I've settled on Champions of Norrath: SomethingymabobSubtitle. I hear that's the engine this game uses. Haven't played it, though. Not even sure of the "Champions" part....

... or, now that I think about it, the "Norrath" part, either... :D

Maybe it's a mistaken impression, but I get the feeling that there's a good amount of detail included with this Bard's Tale.  You've got a character with an actual personality, you've got shopkeepers commenting about the items they sell, there's an undead viking longing to go to Valhalla (and who actually thumps his hand down on the arm of his throne at the appropriate points in his speeches instead of using a stock "angry" animation that has him flail around like a madman)...

*is a fan of detail in games*

Could be a very refreshing change of pace, this game.  Not to my usual taste, but it could very well be worthwhile.

And I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what CoN:RtA stand for.  I've settled on Champions of Norrath: SomethingymabobSubtitle.  I hear that's the engine this game uses.  Haven't played it, though.  Not even sure of the "Champions" part....

... or, now that I think about it, the "Norrath" part, either... :D

Yes it's packed with character and detail. The songs are great too, though work best in the context of the game rather than just reading the lyrics. One small but nice thing, if you bump into someone they will say excuse me, or something to that effect or tell you to watch where you are going. Even the coments like the explorer saying "I smell a trap" then launching himself on a bed of spikes so you can walk across his back, or holding back a sliding wall while you run by. He also laughs at you when you fall into a trap. Not bad for a "summoned" companion.

No idea if you get the explorer in the demo, but summon him in the Viking tomb for some commentry. :D

Champions of Norath:Return to Arms.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

No idea if you get the explorer in the demo, but summon him in the Viking tomb for some commentry.  :D

You do get the explorer in the demo. :geek:) heh heh heh...

And this Bard's Tale demo is my first exposure to this engine, so I'm not as jaded toward it as others might be. o:)