Lucas to re-release the Star Wars movies...

jaguars4ever

Why should Lucas innovate if he can milk his success till the day he dies?

Admit it, folks, you can criticize Lucas all you want, but in the end it comes down to this: successes on the scale of the Star Wars franchise are rare.  If a person can come up with just one such franchise, he/she's set for life.  The problem we all face is coming up with that one - Lucas did it, and for that you gotta respect him, regardless of how he acts afterwards.

But the point is that due to the money Lucas has been getting from the original trilogy, he could be making new innovative stuff in any way he likes. He could be using his money to finance new filmmakers, writers, artists and whatever. Instead he apparently decided to spend the rest of his life milking star wars. To me this is what makes George Lucas a moron.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just watched the DVD of Ep 4 the other day and the thing that stuck out the most was in the final scene he actually recolored Han Solos pants.  Maybe he just has too much free time on his hands...

Does anyone else get the irony?

:-

We are all posting on a message board, the ultimate waste of time.

I think that Lucas wants to prevent Old Trilogy from becoming an obsolete crap.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I think he should just leave them alone. Discreet things like grain reduction, re-rotoscoping sabers, adding discreet CGI backgrounds and remastering the sound etc. are ok but not replacing actors or adding horribly done alien cabaret numbers

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah 1997 ROTJ cabaret was awful I prefer previous 1980s style club singing

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.