Patch coming this year?

Obviously you are clueless about the relationship between DEVELOPER and PUBLiISHER in computer gaming.  Go away til you grow a clue.  Actually I decide to enlighten you myself.  Feeling a bit charitable to the N00Bs.

The Publisher, LucasArts in this case, hires a developer to make a game.  Lucas Arts and Obsidian hammer out the contract and set milestone dates.  When a Milestone date is acheived the Developer gets money from the Publisher.  LucasArts gave Obsidian 1 year to make KotOR 2.  It takes 18 months to 24 to make a proper CRPG.  Since Obsidian was a start up company and needed the funds they couldn't say no to LucasArts so they did what Lucas Arts paid them to do.  Make a CRPG in a year. 

At the end o the timeframe they gave it to Lucas Arts to do quality assurance.  This is where Lucas Arts say yay or nay on the final build.  If they say nay it goes back to Obsidian for fixing.  If it is Yay then it goes to the presses to be published.  Lucas Arts, being the publisher, had full control to when the game was to be released and the quality it is in at released.

You got a serious anger problem. But that's only an issue you can fix or even admit to yourself. I am new here, and reading your rants, holy crap, what the hell are you on dude. 6000 posts. No ficking wonder your posts end up sounding like you are just broke your keyboard 5999 times. Get professional help soon.

U keep blaming LA for the problem, in this same post you claim Obsidian was forced to do this, forced to do that because they are new. Obsidian agreed to make the game in 1 year. Period. What's the excuse. If it wasnt done fast enough they should have hired more ppl. They quite frankly never should have agreed to this given the limited time span, which they readily agreed to. Nobody forced them, the sorry state of the game is directly related to the promise they could not keep. Tough luck, a contract is a contract, next time hire more people Obsidian, or work faster. No excuses.

"Obsidian Entertainment was founded in 2003 by five game development veterans who've produced, programmed, and/or designed award-winning role playing games for the PC, Xbox and PlayStation

Obviously you are clueless about the relationship between DEVELOPER and PUBLiISHER in computer gaming.  Go away til you grow a clue.  Actually I decide to enlighten you myself.  Feeling a bit charitable to the N00Bs.

The Publisher, LucasArts in this case, hires a developer to make a game.  Lucas Arts and Obsidian hammer out the contract and set milestone dates.  When a Milestone date is acheived the Developer gets money from the Publisher.  LucasArts gave Obsidian 1 year to make KotOR 2.  It takes 18 months to 24 to make a proper CRPG.  Since Obsidian was a start up company and needed the funds they couldn't say no to LucasArts so they did what Lucas Arts paid them to do.  Make a CRPG in a year. 

At the end o the timeframe they gave it to Lucas Arts to do quality assurance.  This is where Lucas Arts say yay or nay on the final build.  If they say nay it goes back to Obsidian for fixing.  If it is Yay then it goes to the presses to be published.  Lucas Arts, being the publisher, had full control to when the game was to be released and the quality it is in at released.

You got a serious anger problem. But that's only an issue you can fix or even admit to yourself. I am new here, and reading your rants, holy crap, what the hell are you on dude. 6000 posts. No ficking wonder your posts end up sounding like you are just broke your keyboard 5999 times. Get professional help soon.

U keep blaming LA for the problem, in this same post you claim Obsidian was forced to do this, forced to do that because they are new. Obsidian agreed to make the game in 1 year. Period. What's the excuse. If it wasnt done fast enough they should have hired more ppl. They quite frankly never should have agreed to this given the limited time span, which they readily agreed to. Nobody forced them, the sorry state of the game is directly related to the promise they could not keep. Tough luck, a contract is a contract, next time hire more people Obsidian, or work faster. No excuses.

"Obsidian Entertainment was founded in 2003 by five game development veterans who've produced, programmed, and/or designed award-winning role playing games for the PC, Xbox and PlayStation

Guest Lakmoots

Well first of all, you have no right to pass judment on anyone. Hades_One always makes well informed thread/replies.

Are you kidding me?

Hades is the most flame-ridden troll I have ever encountered on the whole internet... including myself! :thumbsup:

Guest MacleodCorp

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

So, what is funny?

When someone attacks Obsidian, especially about the patch, people start to get upset.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Look, Obsidian and Lucas Arts are both responsible. One blamed for bad codding, and the other nlammed for releasing the bad coding. Either way Obsidian is part of the problem, and the BBB should get involved.

Other game companies would have had the issues taken care of pretty fast. If Obsidian is a gathering of award-winning RPG game creators, then they should know better. That makes it worse.

Now, if they said, "The game is 100% complete", and then turned around and said. "We know the game is BROKEN", then they have issues which could be brought to the BBB or Attorney General. You see, if there was a warning on the box or a statement made within a week of the products release, people can get their money back. However, the statement was made latter, thus no one can get a refund.

Its called bad buisness... Obsidian could be held responsible as well as Lucas Arts.

Guest MacleodCorp

It is useless to specualte at this point; therfore, I will have to agree to disagree. I found that when it comes to releasing this patch, we should just put the hammer on the nail, and end the conversations!

Well first of all, you have no right to pass judment on anyone.  Hades_One always makes well informed thread/replies.

No, he doesn't.

He treats everyone like they are inferior to him -- going so far as to call people Noobs; How childish can you get? -- And like he is some gaming God who knows all and that we have no right to an opinion even if we all have valid points to make.

Point of fact is this:

Hades_One needs to grow up.

I don't care if this is the internet. I don't take ANYTHING anyone says seriously if it is delivered in such a childish, immature way. Sure. Hades can go on and on about how we do care since we're all talking aobut him, but we're talking about him for the WRONG reasons and NOT the points he is trying to make.

Hence, he needs to grow up.

6000 posts means squat in the real world.

I could post 7000 things that have no real value and offend people if I wanted to.

Quality vs. quantity...

Which actually brings me to the LA and OE taking responsibility discussion.

I too am starting to think OE is to blame. I think they DID bite off more than they could chew because they needed a franchise title under their belt, plus a major industry partner like LA to get their company started off on the right foot.

I am not a game developer, but I can tell that you need a lot more than 12 months to do an RPG of this scope... And this is where I blame OE most of all.

The overall quality of TSL -- both technical and artistic -- Is just not as polished or "elegant" as Bioware's original KOTOR.

In fact, I am recently replaying KOTOR and the difference is night and day. Literally.

Yes. I know Bioware had three years to do KOTOR... But that is my point. LA, in their quest for the almighty dollar, put an unrealistic time table of one year to deliver a game of the same calibur as KOTOR... However, OE also agreed to this, so this is also why they, OE, are partially responsible as well.

I know reviews of the game's storyline and other elements are subjective, but just compare the two games. KOTOR just feels more complete -- and it is; no pun intended -- Whereas TSL doesn't really know what it wants to be and how to go about getting there which is doubly bad in my opinion.

Even Chris Avallone(sp?) said in an interview that he is surprised that TSL turned out as well as it did and that people actually like it. This is almost admitting that he, as the author, wasn't even sure of his own vision, regardless of the cut-content. Take that as you may, but that is NEVER a good sign and it shows to a certain extent in this game, unfortunately.

Fully agreed. TSL disappointed me totally despite my dislike toward KOTOR's many weaknesses.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Guest MacleodCorp

I got tired of writting, for I was posting my opinion in multiple threads, which all are based upon the same topic. Thus, I just cut and pasted the same reply...

Sorry for the mix up...

---------------------------------

As for Master Dahvernas's comments, I have to fully agree.

If the writer has a problem with it, then there is something wrong with it. KOTOR I's story was very supperior than KOTOR II. I have been saying it since day one, and I am saying it again.

Master Dahvernas has another good point: It is a subjective subject...

I don't know if people like the game because it's called: Knights of the Old Republic: the Sith Lords by Star Wars, or because they like the lightsaber action. However, the storyline is very horrible in nature. If you think about it, Bioware did have more time, and created a great RPG. If Obsidian spent a little more time, maybe the storyline would have been edited ot scripted correctly.

Either way, Lucas Arts and Obsidian are to blame.

-----------------------------------

As for Hade_One's comments!

Hey man, I have an opinion and you do. I respect your opinion enough to not call you "Clueless". If you don't like what I am saying, and you can't put it in an uninsulting manner, then I am sorry to hear that.

I spent $50 on a game, which has a reputation based upon a first generation. If I and other people feel like we got ripped-off, then we have the right to protest in a peaceful, but expressive manner. I really do think there has to be action taken against software companies, for they release damaged versions of thier software, and we the customer loose money. Since they admitted they have a problem, we the customer should have the right to a refund, and/or a timely made patch.

Finally, when you make a a statement that says "Soon", it doesn't mean latter. it usually means in a few moments, or within a timely manner. More than a week is not soon. More than a week means at some point in time, but now right now.

As a customer... I am one of the mad!

As for Master Dahvernas's comments, I have to fully agree.

If the writer has a problem with it, then there is something wrong with it. KOTOR I's story was very supperior than KOTOR II. I have been saying it since day one, and I am saying it again.

Master Dahvernas has another good point: It is a subjective subject...

I don't know if people like the game because it's called: Knights of the Old Republic: the Sith Lords by Star Wars, or because they like the lightsaber action. However, the storyline is very horrible in nature. If you think about it, Bioware did have more time, and created a great RPG. If Obsidian spent a little more time, maybe the storyline would have been edited ot scripted correctly.

Either way, Lucas Arts and Obsidian are to blame.

-----------------------------------

As for Hade_One's comments!

Hey man, I have an opinion and you do. I respect your opinion enough to not call you "Clueless". If you don't like what I am saying, and you can't put it in an uninsulting manner, then I am sorry to hear that.

I spent $50 on a game, which has a reputation based upon a first generation. If I and other people feel like we got ripped-off, then we have the right to protest in a peaceful, but expressive manner. I really do think there has to be action taken against software companies, for they release damaged versions of thier software, and we the customer loose money. Since they admitted they have a problem, we the customer should have the right to a refund, and/or a timely made patch.

Finally, when you make a a statement that says "Soon", it doesn't mean latter. it usually means in a few moments, or within a timely manner. More than a week is not soon. More than a week means at some point in time, but now right now.

As a customer... I am one of the mad!

Wow..... I agree 100% in everything you said :o

I mean when the writer himself says that he's surprised that the game has been the succes that it has been, then it's quite obvious that they knew the game was faulty! I just hope that LA gives Obsidian permission to do a patch with content, and then they release it for free..... if they(LA & Obsidian) have a conscience or if they want a decent reputation!

Wow..... I agree 100% in everything you said :o

I mean when the writer himself says that he's surprised that the game has been the succes that it has been, then it's quite obvious that they knew the game was faulty! I just hope that LA gives Obsidian permission to do a patch with content, and then they release it for free..... if they(LA & Obsidian) have a conscience or if they want a decent reputation!

For the record... I don't think Chris' quote was taken out of context either. He meant what he said in that he was surprised people like the game regardless of the cut-content or not.

Well, saddly, a lot of people do not like the game because it is both technically and artistically not as polished as the first.

Oh, and I wouldn't hold your breath -- even with Jedi Breathing power -- If you're waiting for a content patch.

TSL is considered a finished product according to LA. Even if OE wanted to do it, they'd have to get LA's permission since LA owns all the intellectual properly that would go into completing that content and the chances of that happening are slim to none.

I mean, look how long it is taking just for a patch that should have been out the day the game was released?

You guys are so messed in the head.

Is Obsidian responsible for KotOR 2? Yes, they are. They are just as responsible for KotOR 2 as Lucas Arts. I am not denying that one single bit. Never have and never will. The thing is Obsidian's hands are tied. They had a contract with Lucas Arts and they have no choice but to abide to that contract. IT IS HOW BUSINESS WORKS. Is it Obsidian's fault for getting into a bad contract like that. Yep, yet if they didn't instead of KotOR 2 being released Obsidian would be dead and broke before even getting their first game out. BUSINESS IS BUSINESS.

DarthMacLeod, I have no problems with you complaining. I do it all the time about other games. My problem is that you are complaing TO THE WRONG FREAKING PEOPLE.

LucasArts released the game.

LucasArts controls the patch release.

Obsidian can't do crap with KotOR 2 wiothout LucasArts permission.

I am 100% certain that the folks at Obsidian want to release the patch now. I am 100% certain that the folks at Obsidian want to do a full content patch. I am 100% certain that Obsidian wants to fix the music issue as well. You know what though, THEY CAN'T! And you know this. People have told you this. Yet you still complain to Obsidian when they have no power to fix these issues. YOU ARE COMPLAINING TO THE WRONG PEOPLE! As I said, that is my issue with you and you are still complaining to Obsidian when it is LucasArts, the ones with the power to do something about the game, who you should spend your time and ire against. I have. I already sent 6 e-mails to various people at LucasArts stating my displeasure with their handling of LucasArts.

Are both LucasArts and Obsidian responsible. Yep. Can Obsidian do anything about it. Nope. Can Lucas Arts do anything about it. Yep. Who do you think we should go after then? LucasArts or Obsidian. You have chosen Obsidian, and that is qwhy I call you Clueless.

You guys are so messed in the head.

Is Obsidian responsible for KotOR 2?  Yes, they are.  They are just as responsible for KotOR 2 as Lucas Arts.  I am not denying that one single bit.  Never have and never will.  The thing is Obsidian's hands are tied.  They had a contract with Lucas Arts and they have no choice but to abide to that contract.  IT IS HOW BUSINESS WORKS.  Is it Obsidian's fault for getting into a bad contract like that.  Yep, yet if they didn't instead of KotOR 2 being released Obsidian would be dead and broke before even getting their first game out.  BUSINESS IS BUSINESS.

DarthMacLeod, I have no problems with you complaining.  I do it all the time about other games.  My problem is that you are complaing TO THE WRONG FREAKING PEOPLE.

LucasArts released the game.

LucasArts controls the patch release.

Obsidian can't do crap with KotOR 2 wiothout LucasArts permission.

I am 100% certain that the folks at Obsidian want to release the patch now.  I am 100% certain that the folks at Obsidian want to do a full content patch.  I am 100% certain that Obsidian wants to fix the music issue as well.  You know what though, THEY CAN'T!  And you know this.  People have told you this.  Yet you still complain to Obsidian when they have no power to fix these issues.  YOU ARE COMPLAINING TO THE WRONG PEOPLE!  As I said, that is my issue with you and you are still complaining to Obsidian when it is LucasArts, the ones with the power to do something about the game, who you should spend your time and ire against.  I have.  I already sent 6 e-mails to various people at LucasArts stating my displeasure with their handling of LucasArts.

Are both LucasArts and Obsidian responsible.  Yep.  Can Obsidian do anything about it.  Nope.  Can Lucas Arts do anything about it.  Yep.  Who do you think we should go after then?  LucasArts or Obsidian.  You have chosen Obsidian, and that is qwhy I call you Clueless.

For goodness' sake Hades you just ignored half the points that were made here.

I make a further point: this board isn't here for you to call people clueless, or to argue. It is totally unnecessary. If this board had mods you'd hold your tongue, or they'd hold it for you.

These forums do have mods and very good ones mind you. When I see someone acting clueless I call them out on it and I expect the same in return. This isn't the pansy Bioware forums Jalo Jago. People tell it how it is with no apologies.

My view is this: What is done is done, and nothing can change the past. Did Obsidian mess up in signing that contract? More than likely yes. Did Obsidian bite more than they can chew. Definitely, yes. The thing is once the deed is done it cannot be changed so I don't dwell on the past. Only thing that matters now for KotOR 2 is how well it is supported post-release and there is only one group of people who has control of that and that is LucasArts. Not Obsidian. So I concentrate my efforts on the people who have the power to do something about the sorry state of KotOR 2.

Obsidian can't do crap by themselves with this game. LucasArts have all the power.

One thing I hope Obsidian does learn from this is never sign a deal with LucasArts ever again.

Guest MacleodCorp

I am actually complaining to both. I added to some threads at Lucasarts.com as well. So, they are not getting out of this either.

----------

If you push on the right people, sometimes, sometimes something gets done. We are all now in a concensious about them both being responsible. Now, Hades_One may have a point, for I started to read some stuff online. If the writer knew the sory was weak after the edits, and Lucas Arts stills went through with the release, then Lucas Arts should get the full force of the fan rage. However, that does not let Obsidian off the hook.

Now, I can forgive Obsidian's position on the matter if they fight for their customers by letting them know there are alot of customer complaints in these forums. Obsidian has the power to complain, and we the little people do not. If they care about their reputation, then they will stand up for their present snd future customers.

I am very pleased that they did work on a patch, but now they have to fight Lucas Arts to protect their reputation from angry customers.

If obsidian agrees to this, I ask them to create an online petition, which fans and themselves will post their support, and use it to convince Lucas Arts to release the KOTOR patch.

Only thing that matters now for KotOR 2 is how well it is supported post-release and there is only one group of people who has control of that  and that is LucasArts.  Not Obsidian.  So I concentrate my efforts on the people who have the power to do something about the sorry state of KotOR 2. 

Obsidian can't do crap by themselves with this game.  LucasArts have all the power.

One thing I hope Obsidian does learn from this is never sign a deal with LucasArts ever again.

Are you certain that LucasArts has full control over whether patches are released or not? This would be governed by the terms of the contract, and these can be anything. Do you have the actual contract terms yourself, or have heard someone from either LucasArts or Obsidian detail them? Are they publicly available?

I'm saying this because technically, the auto-updater program supplied with KotOR 2 links to Obsidian's server, not LA. If LA was to be fully in control of any add-on materials to the game, one would expect that they would also be the only ones officially allowed to distribute them.

Per content patch. It is not as infeasible as it may sound at first -- provided that all the content-intensive parts that are to be finished are already present on the distribution CD. Maps must be present -- and they are. Dialogues must be present -- and most of them are. Voiceovers must be present -- and from what I hear, most of them also are. All that remains to be done is finish the scripting. Updated scripts could easily fit into an under 1 megabyte update.

Of course, one should not expect them to fix the low quality music. That would effectively mean re-encoding it and then distributing the re-encoded content, which would make the patch size enormous.

Regarding LucasArts paying for Obsidian's patch. Conceivably, this could also be governed differently based on the terms of the service level agreement. It could be that Obsidian is getting paid for updates on a patch-by-patch basis, but it could be that they are getting paid for post-production support as a whole. In either case, it is probably true that LucasArts has a specific list of issues that they want Obsidian working on. I don't know how business is done there, but where I work, my boss rarely ever turns me down for attempting to fix problems in addition to the ones that she specifically wants me working on, for the same application. I do not see why LucasArts would restrict Obsidian from improving the game beyond what they were supposed to, especially given that it's not them (LucasArts) who are doing all the dirty work.

Having said that, I still believe that where the game will end up will depend on Obsidian's enthusiasm much more than on LucasArts' goad stick. And given all the effort that Obsidian put in the creation of this game -- especially its elaborate storyline -- I do not think that Obsidian is suffering the lack of enthusiasm.

Now, regarding the ever-present Console vs. PC debate, i.e. how PC owners would hate to buy XboX just to play a couple of games. From what I understand, XboX is based on PC architecture: you have an x86 CPU, and you have the same GPU as being used on PC's, which is interfaced via DirectX API (correct me if I'm wrong here). If XboX 2 is going to be built in the same fashion, it should be fairly strightforward to emulate on the Windows PC platform -- much more so than even emulating Nintendo 64. What am I missing here?

XBox 2 will (tenatively) have a Pentium IV, 3.0 GHz chip with ATI X800 type GPU and 512 MB of RAM. Essentially, a high powered gaming "PC" as the current XBox is a 1999 era PC with all of the components it has.

The main goal for the XBox is so that future game design... Namely, MS... Can be cross-platform compatbile.

This is what is most disturbing of all.

What this essentially means is that no longer will developers have to concentrate on specific platform versions of their games. The version for the XBox will be the same version that gets released to the PC... Complete with all the simplistic gameplay and possibly mediocre graphics that consoles inherently have compared to a PC.

The big reasons consoles are so popular is that they brought ease-of-use to the masses who want to play games. All a consumer has to do is pop in a DVD, hit a few buttons and they are off playing a game.

There is no tweaking of .ini files. No driver swapping. No hardware conflicts since all system specs are universal for a particular platform.

This is the main reason consoles are taking off and will only become more popular over time: The average consumer has no desire or need to know how a PC works in order to play PC-type games.

This is also the area where if you want to make some kind of statement to companies like LA and OE to some extent that if you get console gamers to boycott buying console games THEN publishers will sit up and take notice because as it currently stands... PC games are dying. They are ranked behind console and hand held sales overall and that number itself grows smaller each day.

I do realize I'm going off topic here, but...

The main goal for the XBox is so that future game design... Namely, MS... Can be cross-platform compatbile.

This is what is most disturbing of all.

What this essentially means is that no longer will developers have to concentrate on specific platform versions of their games. The version for the XBox will be the same version that gets released to the PC... Complete with all the simplistic gameplay and possibly mediocre graphics that consoles inherently have compared to a PC.

This I fail to understand. Cross-platform compatibility is good, isn't it? It means that game developers will not have to write different code for three separate platforms (read: Oni, Turok), but only for one. It also means that such consoles could easily be emulated on a PC, so that the games released for XboX only can also be played on a PC for those users that do not want consoles. The mediocre graphics part -- I thought it was the other way around. Consoles are usually much more optimized for graphics performance than are PC's -- I'll grant you that the PC's are upgradeable (unlike consoles), but when a new GPU feature becomes available, it usually takes developers some one and a half years to make any significant use of it. Simplistic gameplay -- I did not quite get what you mean from the sentence, as it could be understood either way, but I thought consoles tend to have more simplistic gameplay because the controllers are usually quite limited (what you can do with a keyboard and mouse you cannot always do with a game pad). So is it console gaming that the simplistic gameplay and mediocre graphics are getting carried to from PC gaming, or is it the other way around?

So is it console gaming that the simplistic gameplay and mediocre graphics are getting carried to from PC gaming, or is it the other way around?

Bingo.

Consoles have hardware limitations which carry over into game design and innovation.

In an ironic twist, this is the other big reason consoles are so popular because a lot of stuff that PC gamers take for granted are now finally reaching a larger audience and to these new gamers it is all new and amazing.

For instance... Online gaming.

It seems pretty silly to PC gamers since we've been doing it since '95 with the original Quake... But again, the average consumer who is not PC savy who hasn't been playing these types of games, let alone, online with other people around the world, this will be a big deal to them.

Also, part of this marketing strategy is to cater to younger audiences. PC games cater to ages 25+. Consoles are pre-teen to early 20s. Again, it does take less to impress someone who is 14 vs. someone who is 35. I say this not as an insult, but as a point of fact in terms of how the market demographics of consoles and PC games differ greatly.

As far as the emulation goes...

MS will find a way to keep console games on consoles and PC games on PCs simply because there is no money to be made if a game isn't platform specific. I know that emulation isn't an officially supported design element of games and platforms... But MS isn't going to come right out say, "Buy a game for XBox 2 and play it on your PC" because they WANT you to buy that XBox 2.

This is where the games industry is sliding down a slippery slope since most average consumers aren't as demanding or critical of the games they play and this is why it will be easier for developers to just "slack off" and produce mediocre games.

In other words, the fact the average consumer is playing in their living room with thier friends on the internet is novelty enough for them. It doesn't matter that the game is very simplistic (most of the time; DM; TDM; CTF) compared to PC gamers who are older and who want more sophisticated games like Flight Sims, racing sims; military sims; etc, etc.

Guest MacleodCorp

Intresting comments were made about X-Box vs. PCs. I was one of those gemmers who started out with the Commandore 64 at the age of 4. I have played Nintendo, Atari, etc... Like everyone else... Unlike the PC, consoles were in jeopardy for years. I saw this show on G4, which the game console companies were interviewed. I have to agree with them about the following:

1. Game consoles rely on PC advances.

2. PC technology has progressed the console industry for years.

3. There would not be a PS2 or X-Box without the advanced of PC technology.

4. The biggest point they made: Game consoles are aging, and andvancing PCs will pave the way for newer game consoles. (People who said this created the PS2, X-Box, and Game Cube. They were all in conscencious.)

Prediction: X-Box 2 will no doubt be the most advanced console, which will pave the way for another generation of consoles. PS2 is allready having problems with their competitor being a PC software maker, and soon Microsoft will be a PC maker.

Now, I know some of the points I said seem to be similar, but they are from a few different point of views. The PC makers and the Console Makers.

But MS isn't going to come right out say, "Buy a game for XBox 2 and play it on your PC" because they WANT you to buy that XBox 2.

I have always heard that all the money was in selling games. That the actual hardware was break-even at best. That would make me think that Microsoft would love for you to buy Xbox without owning an Xbox.

Guest MacleodCorp

Another point, to those who are new to the gaming industry. Otherwords, the people who have never played the Atari when it first came out.

Game consoles in the early 80s and early 90s had just about dissapeared. If it wasn't for the most advanced gaming system in the world, the personal computer, then the new generation of game consoles would have not been made for years.

Personal computer games are the most superior in design. At the moment, I am running a brand NEW graphics card, which came out recently, which make the graphic engine of KOTOR look like crap. 256MB graphics card. I am running a 2.6MHZ system with 1GHz of RAM. I am able to up to 3GHZ of RAM, and 160GB drive.

X-Box is a 1999 computer with a 15GB drive and a 64/128MB graphic system. i forget the actual specs, but I think I am close enough.

X-Box 2 will be around 1GHz wtih 128/256MB graphics. Those specs will be just about even with my own. However, the computer industry will be at 4GHz soon!

PCs own the market!!!