Dialog Skipping *SPOILER FOR EARLY GAME*

I'm sure this has been asked a bazillion times, as I have noticed that people have had the same problem, but has anybody found a solution to this?

I remember encountering this same problem in Kotor1, but I can't remember how I remedied it. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Here are the specs:

2GHz Athlon XP 2400+

Radeon 9800 Pro (128 MB, Catalyst 5.3 installed)

Windows XP SP2

Sound Blaster Live! (latest drivers)

The only problem I had with crashing was with 4.10 drivers. When I updated, that problem went away, but I'm unsure if the dialog skipping is a result of that upgrade or whether I'll encounter it anyway.

It's happening to me on Telos, with regards to just after I use B-4D4 to get the mainframe infoz. I talk to the head Ithorian guy and he mentions the healing he offered. What it's skipping is that scene where the healing actually occurs, so that he says "Here lemme heal you", it'll skip the next part (I caught a brief glimpse), and he'll go straight to "Ok now you're healed." This isn't the first time though. I'm pretty sure I caught glimpses of scenes before now that should have played out, but were just skipped.

Sorry for making yet another post on this, but I couldn't find anywhere in search on whether or not a solution had been found.

Thanks guys!

Don't know for sure, but I think I read that this was a problem in the 1st Kotor, which was fixed with a patch - and that it seems in using the same engine (or design, or whatever) for Kotor2, the same thing has cropped up again because they maybe didn't implement that fix from the start.

So mostly...wait for a patch.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't know for sure, but I think I read that this was a problem in the 1st Kotor, which was fixed with a patch - and that it seems in using the same engine (or design, or whatever) for Kotor2, the same thing has cropped up again because they maybe didn't implement that fix from the start.

So mostly...wait for a patch.

This makes me....a very....VERY....sad panda.

Oh well. Thanks for the quick reply! =)