Man mauled in gruesome chimp attack!

jaguars4ever

also, remember this is all out fighting, I can pick things up as weapons (intelligence) where the chimp can't.........no folks, I can barely believe I am arguing this either

True. But if you pick up weapons, won't the chimps follow suit? :unsure:

Also, what you can't do to them is induce manic fear like our rottweiler buddy. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Chimp stats

Length: 2.5-3 feet. Weight: 125-175 pounds, males slightly larger.

What you don't have, is the physical strength and sheer ferocity. Never underestimate psychology, no matter how much you try to tell yourself that the mouth frothing eating machine ahead of you is slightly smaller than you :unsure:

ok, see. I'm looking at it like this: I HAVE to beat up this chimp. Life or death. Chimps might go crazy, but humans do some amazing things when adrenline kicks in.

Especially not two.

Two of anything can be a worrying prospect.

Seriously now, not kidding

Ok, the monkey might have jumping and pure energy on it's side, but I got weight, strength in general, reach, and the ability to kick.

Maybe two is an issue, but I gots to be able to take one chimp.

I've talked about this in relation to rottweilers. I'd say the average health young male can take a rottweiler.

In both cases I'd think the trick would be staying on your feet at all costs.

This is because they are smaller, cuter, easier to handle and more submissive. An adult chimpanzee can grow to be more than 175 pounds in captivity and about 4 feet tall when standing upright. At seven times the strength of a human, and with a very independent mind and temper, they do not make suitable pets.

Clicky

If you have eight times the strength of an average human, you might have a chance. At a 175 lb, unless you are very large, your weight advantage isn't going to mean much. And consider that's 175 lb in a 4' body, with likely very little fat. It would explain the 7x strength. As for reach, don't forget they have very long arms, and it's not like you'd be boxing them so that won't matter much, especially as their fangs are ripping into your arm.

It would explain the 7x strength. As for reach, don't forget they have very long arms, and it's not like you'd be boxing them so that won't matter much, especially as their fangs are ripping into your arm.

They're feet work like 'hands' as well...so they could essentially "foot-punch" kumquatq to counter his kicks.

manthing2.jpg

Chimp stats

Length: 2.5-3 feet. Weight: 125-175 pounds, males slightly larger.

What you don't have, is the physical strength and sheer ferocity. Never underestimate psychology, no matter how much you try to tell yourself that the mouth frothing eating machine ahead of you is slightly smaller than you :unsure:

ok, see. I'm looking at it like this: I HAVE to beat up this chimp. Life or death. Chimps might go crazy, but humans do some amazing things when adrenline kicks in.

The release of adrenaline in this case, would be part of "prey" behavior. Since you are prey by nature, your "natural" instinct aught be to try avoiding the predator ahead of you. I.e. try running away and giving in to panic. The only thing I could imagine giving you a chance, were if you were somehow able to appear, through attitude and bodylanguage, to be a superior predator. That might cause other predators to back off. You might as well lie down and ask if it wants Ketchup with you :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

SEVEN TIMES THE STRENGTH!?!?!?!

BULL****!

Lets say, for just our purposes, that the average health person can lift 80 pounds easily. Easily meaning they won't rip their arms off and they can carry it around for short periods of time. I'd bet the average healthy male can do more than that, but lets just stick with 80 pounds.

That means the average chimp can lift a Harley Davidson no problem and carry it around.

bull****.

EDIT: I assume they figure seven times via power to weight ratio, but considering a chimps weigh about the same as humans, they should be able to lift a harley and carry it around by the seven times stronger logic

Have a McKumquat (no fries), Yum! :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

At least we're all in agreement that dolphins are the most intelligent species on this planet. :thumbsup:

Have a McKumquat (no fries), Yum! :thumbsup:

What parts of the animal are used? :unsure:

I think it's a citrus fruit. All vegetarian food...

The release of adrenaline in this case, would be part of "prey" behavior. Since you are prey by nature, your "natural" instinct aught be to try avoiding the predator ahead of you.

We are not any more prey by nature than we hunters. We essentially have the same diet as the chimps. In fact, some tribes HUNT chimps.

At least we're all in agreement that dolphins are the most intelligent species on this planet. :thumbsup:

Have a McKumquat (no fries), Yum! :)

What parts of the animal are used? :unsure:

:thumbsup:

Thanks goodness - the last thing we want to be munching down is crushed kumquat testicles. icon8.gif

manthing2.jpg

At least we're all in agreement that dolphins are the most intelligent species on this planet. :unsure:

agreed

another natural defense I have to use on the chimp is if he bites me, I squirt him with a acidic juice in his eye, blinding him temporarily.

seriously tho, I see no reason, minus people posting bad facts, that shows why I couldn't take a chimp

SEVEN TIMES THE STRENGTH!?!?!?!

BULL****!

Lets say, for just our purposes, that the average health person can lift 80 pounds easily. Easily meaning they won't rip their arms off and they can carry it around for short periods of time. I'd bet the average healthy male can do more than that, but lets just stick with 80 pounds.

That means the average chimp can lift a Harley Davidson no problem and carry it around.

bull****.

EDIT: I assume they figure seven times via power to weight ratio, but considering a chimps weigh about the same as humans, they should be able to lift a harley and carry it around by the seven times stronger logic

Another link

This one only says 5 times...

8 to 10 times on this link!

This is a good one. Jane Goodall dot org. "By age five they are stronger than most human adults. They become destructive and resentful of discipline. They can, and will, bite. Chimpanzee owners have lost fingers and suffered severe facial damage."

It all adds up to they are a hell of a lot stronger than you. Google. It's your friend.

We are not any more prey by nature than we hunters. We essentially have the same diet as the chimps. In fact, some tribes HUNT chimps.

We are a different breed of hunters because we (normally) use brains and plans when hunting. Like using weapons, tools and traps.

Not quite the same as running up to a domestic cow and try to tear it's throat with your teeth.

If you were (hypothetically speaking) dropped into a pit with big felines, dogs, hyenas etc. I'll bet you first instinct will be fear (because you consider yourself prey to the other animals, not the other way around).

Nice random sampling of data that doesn't agree with each other.

I'd like to know what they base those numbers on (BTW, if you are talking 8-10 times strong, large chimps can lift and carry around small cars)

second, using Jane Goodall estimations, shortly before a chimp reaches maturity (I googled) it is stronger than most adult humans. Thats not "a hell of a lot stronger than me".

but are we talking human adults who excercise, or just your average american who doesn't. Have to consider these things.

Tho you have shown that a chimp has a similar strength too me and that "strength" isn't a edge, but it can be a negitive factor.

What do you guys think happened to Kumquatq1 and Kumquatq2 ?

They probably ran across chimps :o

Edit: Oops, fixed typo. Why is there a 'q' there anyway ?

I say we Thunderdome this sucker and set up a Pay-Per-View event

I smell profit... :o"