More religious bone-headedness

Balthamael

The belief themselves don't earn my ire, but the people who practice those beliefs and try to force those beliefs on others do.  So I pretty much agree with your assessment, Fionavar.  :D

Thanks for the clarification. I must admit that I assumed as much, but it was better to ask :( Though I could have respected the other option as well, I find that this is one of the biggest impediments to people today actually exploring faith and spirituality. The fact is most people are disillusioned with most institutions - be they political or religious. Something that I think is rather sad - sadder that there has been no learning from many of the institutions to address the fact that they are alienating the people who may need/desire relationship most ... :lol:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Once the human element of a belief has been institutionalized, processed, and placed in a beauracracy then it is time to move on to something else..

Fair enough ... even if only cynically (on my part that is) :lol:

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

More bigotry headedness...

From the context I take it that this was intended against me rather than against TCU. If so...well, that's okay; I won't bother to deny it here. However, I only regret that you may not be able to appreciate the irony inherent in your comment.

Baltahmel: That I'm bigoted against bigots? Yup; I am.

Oh no, it goes beyond that. You see, I posted the link on a false pretense. The people on that site aren't really religious fundies, or at least I think they aren't. Rather, it is a satirical site directed against religious fundamentalism. So, what you accuse me, they are guilty of.

But there is something else, as well. Had they been serious, and had you actually read the site more thoroughly than just skimming, you'd have found out that their ideas are such you have been willing to start wars to fight against in the past. And now you are condemning me for condemning them. Pot and kettle.

Let me ask you all something. If you believe that the bible is the word of God and that God is infallable, wouldn't you do everything in your power to spread God's message with regard to sin? If you believed that the only way to salvation was by living by God's law, would you keep your mouth shut because of political correctness? The choice to me is simple, if you believe in God and God says that homosexuality, polygamy, and adultury are sins, then don't accept homosexuality, polygamy, and adultury as moral behavior. I beleve in God, and if some of you think that makes me a bigot, then I guess I am a bigot along with the billions of other people who believe in God. :)

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!

prostytutka

Balthemel: Startw ars? Where that come from. last I checked, I ahev started ZERO wars, and have no plans to. My comment was directed at you; not them. Mor eimportantly, I didn't even bother reading the site as your post was enough for me to puke. :)

HK: Then youa ren't as bigoted as you claim against me.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The choice to me is simple, if you believe in God and God says that homosexuality, polygamy, and adultury are sins, then don't accept homosexuality, polygamy, and adultury as moral behavior.

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Balthemel: Startw ars? Where that come from. last I checked, I ahev started ZERO wars, and have no plans to. My comment was directed at you; not them. Mor eimportantly, I didn't even bother reading the site as your post was enough for me to puke.

Oh, I did not say you have started, I said you have been willing to start. There is a difference. As to where it came from...we have shared the same corner of cyberspace for quite a some time. Many of your opinions concerning, say, human rights issues are known to me. As to you posting without bothering to click the link, I hope this lesson was enough, and you will not do it again.

Actually, I lied. I do not hope that. The issue is irrelevant to me.

Let me ask you all something. If you believe that the bible is the word of God and that God is infallable, wouldn't you do everything in your power to spread God's message with regard to sin? If you believed that the only way to salvation was by living by God's law, would you keep your mouth shut because of political correctness? The choice to me is simple, if you believe in God and God says that homosexuality, polygamy, and adultury are sins, then don't accept homosexuality, polygamy, and adultury as moral behavior. I beleve in God, and if some of you think that makes me a bigot, then I guess I am a bigot along with the billions of other people who believe in God. :lol:

Fine, but does that give you the right to impose your beliefs on others. If someone of your mentality gets in my face I will punch his. I have no problems following their religion as long it doesn't impose on the rights of others. Your religion does therefore it needs to be removed from state politics.

Separation of church and state needs to be absolute. Practice your religion on your time, not on mine.