Soda

[disclaimer]

This is not a

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

Voiceovers do not affect gameplay. Voices or sounds or background music do not affect how the game is played; they only affect the player. Player != gameplay.

You are of course correct. I used

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

I think people should lighten up on their precise definitions especially when in the context of the topic it is obvious what is intended. This isn't rocket science, so don't make it out to be.

The flexibility of the gameplay is more important than aesthetics IMHO. Giving a player many options is very important for everything in the game. For example I prefer accessing many interface options with keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking on the GUI with the mouse. Standard Windows navigation methods like [Tab], [Pg-Up], etc are very good ways to access different things. The more shortcuts, the better. Flexibility is also good in the way problem-solving is allowed. A CRPG should allow many-ways of getting things done. Guns or swords should only be one way among many.

Nearly all gamers have a great imagination, better than graphics could ever accomplish. Designers should weave text into the graphics to a larger degree. More verbose descriptions and dialogues would be a great option for those of us that want a sweeter experience. It might be tougher to translate into multi-language editions but I feel it is worth the effort.