Help

Jedi_Master_Darkor

I'm not sure. That Witchking animation is frelling brilliant though. The avatar may not be working because it's too big. The max size is 64x64 and that one is 100x100. The forum software resizes it and that may be where the problem lies, but I can't be sure.

As for the signature image not working, I have no idea.

Do you mind if I, er, borrow that Witchking animation?

:ph34r:

newlogo.gif

How do I change my avatar to something from another website. I want to change my avatar and sig.

Go to Avatar Settings in your My Controls page.

Then what do I do I want to get this cool Star Wars one on this website I found and I found a cool moving picture for my sig.

For the avatar, just plug the URL into the proper field in your Avatar Setting page. For a signature, you can use [ img ] [ /img ] tags for it, but make sure it's within the 125 pixels high by 600 pixels long limitation.

newlogo.gif

I've never been able to have an animated gif as avatar that worked properly by uploading it to the forum database. I advise you upload it somewhere else and then just use the link. If that doesn't work, try resizing the gif to 64x64 and then follow the same procedure. That should get it working alright.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

For the avatar, just plug the URL into the proper field in your Avatar Setting page. For a signature, you can use [ img ] [ /img ] tags for it, but make sure it's within the 125 pixels high by 600 pixels long limitation.

Yes, I tried and it still doesn't seem to work.

I've never been able to have an animated gif as avatar that worked properly by uploading it to the forum database. I advise you upload it somewhere else and then just use the link. If that doesn't work, try resizing the gif to 64x64 and then follow the same procedure. That should get it working alright.

Yeah, I've tried several different avatars that move but none have worked for me as well. :devil:

Then it's a matter of the automated resizer. Try resizing the avatar to something under the max allowed dimensions and then link it. That's how I got it to work.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Then it's a matter of the automated resizer. Try resizing the avatar to something under the max allowed dimensions and then link it. That's how I got it to work.

Alright. Is there any particular program you need to use to resize it?

OK i'm a little embarrased to say this but I have no idea how to change my avatar and sig. Whenever I type in what I want it brings me back a message that I have to contact the boards administrator can someone please help me.

P.S. I want to download one from my picture holder.

Whatever floats your boat. Here you can resize animated gifs without downloading anything, that's the one I use.

OK i'm a little embarrased to say this but I have no idea how to change my avatar and sig. Whenever I type in what I want it brings me back a message that I have to contact the boards administrator can someone please help me.

Eh? So My controls ---> edit signature or edit avatar settings doesn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Eh? So My controls ---> edit signature or edit avatar settings doesn

I do try to use a picyure in my picture folder I hit the Browse button and then the photos I saved pop up and whenever I click on the one I want it then says a bunch of gibberish like C/documents something like that and then when I click on update avatar it says I can't use this avatar I have no idea whats the problem.

If could give the exact message here, that might help with getting some suggestions on what the problem could be.

newlogo.gif

I finally know the problem it won't accept .bmp type avatars and the problem is that whenevr I save my pictures they always turn into .bmp avatars so I have a problem.

Do you use paint? If so the best thing to save as for you will PNG. Im still quite new here so im not sure if this site accepts them. What i would like to know is where i can find a site, or some sort of way, to get animated avs. Now by animated i dont mean like making text glow or a picture fade because i can do that. I mean i see people with things that are like mini clips that loop. I have a few saved but there ones i randomly found. Anyone know how to make them or find a good site for them?

Whatever floats your boat. Here you can resize animated gifs without downloading anything, that's the one I use.

Thanks a lot, Number Guy, you're a champ.

But I can't get the sig to work, though. But screw it.

post-7976-1109448045.gif