Which Class???????

HI I've just got KOTOR 2 (so no major spoilers here please) and am wondering which class is best to start out with considering I to be a DS fighter mainly, not really into the force powers as I didn't like them so much in KOTOR 1. To upgrade weapons, particularly the lightsaber, it looks lke you might need quite a few skill points in repair, awareness and possibly computer use.

So would a guardain with 14 int. be able to fully upgrade lightsabers, armor etc or would I have to go sentinel?

Obviuosley I'd choose Sith Marauder later in the game.... :- yeah ....a bad man

You would probably better to go Sentinal/Marauder if you want to be able to make all the parts for your lightsabre and be good with it.

Huh, have your cake and eat it? Interesting. :-

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Sorry for the dense reply. Upgrading your items will totally depend on how much you invest into each skill. In addition to the skills you mentioned, security, treat injury, and demolitions of some level are required to make the decent upgrades.

I could be wrong, but the class won't matter as much as the level of your intelligence. The higher it is, the more points you have to spend on your skills. 14 is good to start as you will get the chance to increase it as the game goes on.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Sorry for the dense reply.  Upgrading your items will totally depend on how much you invest into each skill.  In addition to the skills you mentioned, security, treat injury, and demolitions of some level are required to make the decent upgrades.

I could be wrong, but the class won't matter as much as the level of your intelligence.  The higher it is, the more points you have to spend on your skills.  14 is good to start as you will get the chance to increase it as the game goes on.

how does demolition skill or security effect upgrading armor or lightsabers? I'm not interested in making grenades.......

damn i'll probably have to compromise and take sentinal ...no force jump

Take Jedi Guardian, they are the best at combat. Before you can get a light saber, you must have Bao-Dur. Just use him on a workbench when you go planetside and it will use his skills to make things, and he's great at EVERYTHING.

If you want a melee based char, Jedi Guardian is the place to go. And whatever the Sith equivaleit of a Jedi Knight is.

HI I've just got KOTOR 2 (so no major spoilers here please)  and am wondering which class is best to start out with considering I to be a DS fighter mainly, not really into the force powers as I didn't like them so much in KOTOR 1.  To upgrade weapons, particularly the lightsaber, it looks lke you might need quite a few skill points in repair, awareness and possibly computer use. 

So would a guardain with 14 int. be able to fully upgrade lightsabers, armor etc or would I have to go sentinel? 

Obviuosley I'd choose  Sith Marauder later in the game.... :thumbsup:  yeah ....a bad man

Making upgrades for your lightsaber (lens, emitter, cell) depends on your skill in various areas (ie treat injury, stealth, etc). But any character can make them at workbenches, so if you have a character with high repair, they can make upgrades that you can't. The list of upgrades tells you what skill level you need, then you just need to have a party member with that skill.

guardians get no advantage on BAB progression. All classes progress at same rate in this game.

Sentinels are only one feat behind Guardian before the PC is eligible for the prestige class.

Force jump depends on the distance of the enemies and you have to wait until you get your lightsaber.

Lightsaber specialization is open to all classes once you choose a Prestige class (tip, don't bother getting weapon focus lightsaber, it is an automatically granted feat upon obtaining prestige class).

What Guardians do get: free medium armor proficiency, and extra 2 vitality points per level (even going with a consular build of 14 to 18 constitution for the implants, I haven't encountered a point where the vitality points went dangerously low). All of this for less force points per level and less skill points per level.

Any Jedi class can choose any of the Prestige classes anyway.