Video Card "loses" setting after cut-scene

I have a 9800 Pro and am having an issue with KOTOR 1 and 2. After cutscenes and some in-game movies, my brightness and AA settings are ignored and the game gets VERY dark and there's no AA. I can fix this by going into the Graphics settings and making ANY change to the AA and the brightness settings and everything is back to normal. I also have to do this every time I start the game. The funny thing is, the settings were as I left them... just ignored. I'm running the 4.11 drivers, which have fixed all the crashes, but this problem remains. Any advice? Anyone else getting this?

Yes, I have the exact same issue. And I had it with KotOR1 as well. Sadly, I'm not sure if there is a solution. But I do hope there is.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

Are you using an ATI card as well? I can't seem to find much information on this problem, so it appears to be a problem with just certain hardware. I don't recall having this problem when I first bought KOTOR1, but I don't remember if I was running my Raedon 9800 Pro or my old GF3 card at the time. :(

Oh, good, someone else who has this problem.

Well, not good, but at least I'm not alone. :D

"update your drivers" didn't work for me. It still happens whether I'm running Catalyst 4.11, 5.2, or anything else.

The only games that have this problem for me are those that use the Aurora/Odyssey engine (KOTOR 1 and 2, NWN and expansions). Interesting.

I don't want to throw in the towel on ATI because all of my other games look spectacular. ;)