Video Problems...

Yay, I got KOTOR II, I thought i would have fun the first day i got it. BZZZT! WRONG!

Apparently the game decides to go black after it goes through the intro after the ship which appears to be the Ebon Hawk is going down somewhere. After that the screen goes black, but music... still plays, but nothing else... i wait about 5 minutes, nothing still.

What is wrong here? Anyone know?

Just for the record, my video card is a ATI Radeon 9550

same here

thats been one of the big problems for this game so far, it seems to be the ati cards

i have the radeon 7500 and ive heard of people who have better cards having the same problem. we're still hopeful for the patch

this is being discussed at numerous other threads so look for all the ideas and suggestions that have been given

i have this same problem, though i dont have an ati card, i have an intel onboard card (82865G)

the game works fine on my families computer upstairs. i took one of my brother's saved game files and transfered it to my computer then loaded it. it worked fine. so i tried creating a character skipping the prologue at the begining then saving when you're on the paragus. then bringing that file to my computer. but it didn't work. my brothers saved game was 15 hours into the game. so i dont know, maybe there is a problem with just the first "chapter" of the game?? maybe its just the paragus? i dont know...

The problem is with ATI cards and Intels. There are some workarounds for ATIs, though I have to warn you, you are probably going to hit a brick wall when you get to Dantooine, even if you've managed to get it to work. And when I say brick wall, I mean a reduction to one FPS and a complete inability to do anything at all.

With Intels, it just plain don't work at all. They don't seem to be supported by the Engine.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

That's just great... well here's another problem that I'd like to address...

It's not a huge deal, but when I exit the game, the brightness of my computer goes far above what it should be on, and the brightness is right where I left it before the game, I usually have to change resolutions or something back and forth to make it right...

I think I found this problem like some of you, lockups after intro ,The things i only seen in this game is Rusty Ebon Hawk and some kind of T3M4 Part.... Everything not moving for 3 min and game shut...Back to Desktop.

My Graphic card is integrated Radeon IGP 320M. yes, I playthis in my notebook which had not has any problem like this in KOTOR1.

I hope they can see these reply and try it fix it for god sake...

I bought this game 3 days ago.. and was absolutely thrilled to be getting it. I wanted to jump right into it and waste my break from college playing it.. well that never happened.

I'm experiencing what many of you are. It crashes right after the intro screen. Furthest I EVER got to see.. was the interor of the Ebon Hawk.. but I couldn't move or do anything--it proceeded to crash about 13 seconds after.

I will not be updating my drivers as they're all primed and perfect. I will not be tweaking anything. If there is not a patch within a week, this game will be returned and I'll encourage others at my college to stay clear of this company.

I really do want to play though--so I'm hoping a patch is released sooner than later.