Don

justabloke, I hear you on the demographic issue. Trouble is that even as the younger gamers get older and wiser there is always a new generation of youngsters falling into the trap. Worse than that, many of todays younger players will have little or no recollection of the days when patches were readily available or not needed at all. Most of todays gen probably accept all of this as standard practise having little other expererience to base thier opinions on.

I have to admit I was very foolish on this one and bought this title on the strengths of the original KOTOR which worked fine on my ATI card, even prior to patched status. Well, another lesson learned I suppose.

Yes, I think piracy will get a whole load worse if publishers keep up these low standards. I have no sympathy whatsoever for them. Let them fall victim to their own greed and lack of foresight.

I do have to say that there are a few companies still out there who actually listen to the customer and accomodate reasonable requests. It's these people that will be the success stories of the future (IMHO).

Y'know, I was over the moon on Friday when I got the last copy in the shop of KotOR 2. Now I sort of wish I hadn't been so lucky. If I had been there fifteen minutes later, I'd have gone home empty handed, would have come on here and discovered all the game's problems before I experienced them myself. Ah, well, such is life. What can be done about it now?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I hear you loud and clear.

In fact, some of my thoughts... Being an "old timer" myself (30s)... Can be found on these two threads:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29907

and...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29366

What it comes down to is both the industry itself, gamers as a whole (regardless of age) and possibly outside forces, I.E. maybe a regulatory board/agency of some kind to really have a lasting effect on this industry because it ISN'T going to get better any time soon in the foreseable future as far as consumer rights go.