So far so good except for two minor glitches(ATI)

I'm on ATI Radeon X800 XTPE & AMD 64 3000+, latest Cats(5.2). To be on the safe side, I have Vertex Buffer Objects disabled=1 under [Graphics Options] of the swkotor2.ini file.

KotOR 2 finally arrived yesterday. So I installed it when I got home and started playing. I didn't encounter any CTDs yet and have played until the Paragus dom.

Glitches noted:

1. First time I started the game, the screen was fully maximised. But for some strange reason, when I exited and restarted, I couldn't for the life of me get it to start fullscreen even though it says Fullscreen=1 in the swkotor2.ini file. To solve this, I had to click on the maximise button of the window and it became fullscreen, weird. So I have to do this everytime I start the game, I mean who'd want to play it in a window.

2. Some parts of Paragus dropped to 15 fps, don't know why, average fps elsewhere was probably 60. It was still playable though. I am running at 1024x768x32 85 Hz, all graphics options maxed including AA and AF.

:( I solved the problem with KotOR starting in a window. Apparently there are 2 entries of the line "fullscreen=0" - under [Graphics Options] & [Display Options]. I had only noticed it under [Display Options] initially. When I fixed the one under [Graphics Options], I got full screen :D

:)  I solved the problem with KotOR starting in a window. Apparently there are 2 entries of the line "fullscreen=0" - under [Graphics Options] & [Display Options]. I had only noticed it under [Display Options] initially. When I fixed the one under [Graphics Options], I got full screen :D

Apparently it also fixed the slightly low frame rate I was experiencing at some points. The game is perfect now and I have no more complaints. I have made it all the way to Telos without a single CTD, nor noticed any bugs. I really like the improvements they have made, such as telling you a container is empty upfront so you don't have to click on it.

well, i checked my games' config file and one says fullscreen=1 and the other says fullscreen=0 lol

so i set both to fullscreen=1 :D

Glad to see it helped you out.

I have played until Dxun and got my first CTD on Dantooine, in the Kinraeth cave. This was expected as documented in the readme. I also encountered a rough patch at the landspeeder in the Docks area on Nar Shaddar. I didn't remember encountering a slowdown at that spot until I was about to leave the planet, after meeting up with the Jedi Master.

OK, completed the game as LS.

To summarise:

Only 1 CTD throughout the whole game, and that occurred on Dantooine as mentioned above.

Had one black screen with background sounds continuing to play close to the end but loading a quicksave solved it. Pressing <esc> allowed me to load the quicksave.

Slight slowness at the Telos residential area, but not when I returned to Telos for the finale.

All in all, the game was longer than KotOR 1. I think it makes a great prelude to Episode 3.

1. First time I started the game, the screen was fully maximised. But for some strange reason, when I exited and restarted, I couldn't for the life of me get it to start fullscreen even though it says Fullscreen=1 in the swkotor2.ini file. To solve this, I had to click on the maximise button of the window and it became fullscreen, weird. So I have to do this everytime I start the game, I mean who'd want to play it in a window.

I see you're enough into editing swkotor2.ini, and since I had this same very issue (not a real bug IMO) here's how I fixed it: you might notice that there actually are TWO Fullscreen= lines, under [Display Options] and under [Graphics Options]. One has value 1 and the other one has value 0. Just edit them so that both have 1 value. The same applies to Height, Width, RefreshRate and a few other lines as well.

good luck, stoo

edit - whoops, didn't notice this has already been replied. Sry.

Slight slowness at the Telos residential area, but not when I returned to Telos for the finale.

Initially in the residential area of the Telos station I had smooth gameplay. However, after a few minutes of exploration I got rather choppy stuttering. The effect is only is the central residential area and disappears when I leave for another area (such as the west wing). The funny thing is that sometimes when I return to the main residential area it is still choppy, but only that area. More strange is the fact that it is not always so - I can return to that area and have it run as smooth as silk at times. To go that one step further, all this is within the same game session.

Initially in the residential area of the Telos station I had smooth gameplay. However, after a few minutes of exploration I got rather choppy stuttering. The effect is only is the central residential area and disappears when I leave for another area (such as the west wing). The funny thing is that sometimes when I return to the main residential area it is still choppy, but only that area. More strange is the fact that it is not always so - I can return to that area and have it run as smooth as silk at times. To go that one step further, all this is within the same game session.

Yup, it was the similar experience for me, not so bad that it started stuttering, just slight slowness. I think it's some kind of memery leak. Just try moving around in the area for a bit, the slowless will eventually crop up. I suspect when you move somewhere else, it sort of clears the memory before the leak resurfaces when you return to the area.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. Sound disappeared when the game was playing the video sequence at the very end of the game. I had to return to the menu and replay the unlocked movies to hear them with sound.