Dantooine laggy

the game runs normal for me on every planet so far, EXCEPT dantooine. after the first conversation there, the lag starts, untill i can only get into menu's, and no longer walk around. the lag persists when i change my settings to the lowest possible.

also had some crashing-issues(with ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card) but solved them by getting the latest patch from www.ati.com.

does anyone know how i can solve the lag-problem? thanks in advance

Ernaia Bloodmoon - Light Side dual bladed Weaponmaster

For the framerate drops on Dantooine with Ati cards, here is the solution which worked with me:

Open the "swkotor2.ini" file in the root of the KotOR II directory, go in the "Graphics Options" section and add the line "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1".

I DID NOT MAKE THIS POST, IT WAS ANOTHER OBSIDIAN FORUM USER - MARK HAVEL.

Besides, I don't even have an ATi card... Suckers :()

alrite, well, you can all curse me for deleting my history. So i don't have a website to download it, but if you guys chase down this ATI Driver:

atioglxx.dll

ATI OpenGL driver

then your framerate shud go up signifficently.....might try driversheaven.net or sumtin.

Im pretty sure the driver version is 4.2

and basically once you download it, then you put the .dll file directly into your KOTOR Folder and then the game will use that driver instead of your new ones like 5.1/5.2 w/e ur using.....

then you have two drivers, no they will not conflict with each other, but kotor likes 4.2 way better, i mean hell even the graphics are generally improved....(interesting)

If you don't want to goto the trouble of editing stuff. You can just go into the advanced graphic settings while your on dantoonie (or whenever you get that lagginess) and just click and then unclick any setting so that the screen refreshes itself. That will cause the lag to go away for a while, till you load somewhere else.

Tried this and it works, how I finished the game.

If you don't want to goto the trouble of editing stuff. You can just go into the advanced graphic settings while your on dantoonie (or whenever you get that lagginess) and just click and then unclick any setting so that the screen refreshes itself. That will cause the lag to go away for a while, till you load somewhere else.

Tried this and it works, how I finished the game.

That's how I did it too. Very tiresome though, since everytime you save, load or enter a menu, the problem returns :ermm:

It really isn't that hard to add the DVBO line to your swkotor2.ini. And once done, the game is smooth on Dantooine. I do not know of any features or effects that are turned off by Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 and I haven't noticed any change in stability.

Man, this totally worked for me. Thank you so much. I registered to this forum just to extend my gratitude. :D