It works perfectly on my PC...

(w00t) ahh, it looks so gorgeous on my PC, hehe I love it to pecies!

anyway, I'd love to help, give advice, I know a lot about k2 and k1 and computers and how to fix and troubleshoot and all that, so just post in here with any questions, and I'll try and help. :D

before you post do two things for me:

for NVIDIA users:

I will strongly suggest to use the 67.66 drivers, you can get them straight from nvidia themselves, they ARE beta, but they have the most fixes without any NEW errors, and I know they work beautifully in k2. get em here: nvidia 67.66

1) download them

2) uninstall your current drivers via add/remove progs.

3) restart

4) install the DX9.0c via the apropriate k2CD (even if it's already installed do it again anyway, believe me)

5) Install the new drivers (67.66) [you may need to restart before this, depending on what the dx installer says]

6) restart

now try kotor 2, see what happens now.

for ATI users:

I've "heard" that the 4.11 drivers will work, but I'm still skeptical, but they may be ok. Otherwise I suggest to use these: the 4.9 cats. and then the 8.07 hot fix, I KNOW FOR A FACT that these work the best on k1, and i'm sure they will on k2 as well.

go here for the 4.9's and then the 8.07 fix:

here

scroll down and download these and only these files with these names:

"ATi Radeon Catalyst 4.9 + CCC" or "ATi Radeon Catalyst 4.9 Classic"

and

"ATI Catalyst Beta 8.07"

1) download them

2) uninstall your current drivers via add/remove progs.

3) restart

4) install the DX9.0c via the apropriate k2CD (even if it's already installed do it again anyway, believe me)

5) Install the new drivers (4.11 or 4.9 and then the 8.07{the latter I recommend]) [you may need to restart before this, depending on what the dx installer says]

6) restart

now try kotor 2, see what happens now.

now once you've done this, I'll allow you to post, lol, but seriously, If you go ahead and get this out of the way I can try and find further complications to fix, cause I know that these "select" drivers work, so please do as I instruct, It may fix your problems right a way! :geek:

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

P.S.: I'm sitting here infromt of my computer, fully knowing I have k2 installed and working on my PC, and I could be playing it right now, I am that dedicated to getting all you KotOR and/or Star Wars lovers to play it. I would rather you guys get to play it, than me, I have played through it already (on my bud's xbox) so I know what I'm missing, and I would love to play it right now, but as I said, I would rather you guys play it, instead of trouble shooting your patience away. :D good luck guys, and ask away!

Anakin,

I see alot of people are trying that and so have i but when i try installing the 4.9s it says

"setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. please make sure you have the required hardware or software"

everytime i try to install drivers it says something along those lines i dont get it. please help

I see alot of people are trying that and so have i but when i try installing the 4.9s it says

"setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration.  please make sure you have the required hardware or software"

everytime i try to install drivers it says something along those lines i dont get it. please help

hmmm, now you aren't on a laptop are you? cause normal ATI drivers won't install onto laptops, though i'm sure Omega has modified a version of the 4.9 and i'll look into that.

well here's an Omega version of the 4.9's maybe that'll work, but make sure you install the 8.07 beta patch afterward, other wise it'll be pointless

Omega 4.9

yea im using a laptop, but they said the same thing for kotor and i install i think it was the catalyst drive and it worked fine, heres what i have

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=2/11/2005 3:09:35 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.00.424

GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=768

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=2391

CPUFamily=15

CPUModel=2

CPUStepping=9

CPUVendor=Intel

CPUName= Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=512

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=12.09GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=D:\

Drives=QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-242

[Video]

Video Card Name=MOBILITY RADEON 7500C

Video Memory=64

Desktop Resolution=1024x768x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=1.3.3842 WinXP Release

OpenGL Vendor=ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Renderer=MOBILITY RADEON 7500 DDR x86/SSE2

Vid Card Status=Fail

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Fail

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=SigmaTel C-Major Audio

Status=Pass

Still having problems after following your ATI plan step by step.  :p Was wondering if you had any advice. Details of my problem are here.

arg... It has something to do with the 7500, erg... um well why don't you guys try the 4.2's out for a test drive? they should work, maybe, well they should if kotor2 will start up at all. hemm. try that maybe

when u said to use the omega 4.9 should i just do the same things u said before and just replace the catalyst 4.9 with the omega or do i have to do something different? thanks

the same, just replacing.

When you say 4.9 "classic" do you mean the version with the control panel as opposed to the catalyst control centre?

yep, that's what ATI calls it.

I've got a fix for ATI users that should work(working for me so far) if your pc takes a dump when you get to Dantoonie.

In the swkotor.ini file, under graphics options add the line:

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

My fps was gone around the Khnooda area, I put in this line and the fps went back up. I slowly started turning stuff back on and it was still running fine. I've since turned all my settings back to the way I had them and the area is running great again.

I haven't had a chance yet to really run around and test it out(being hounded by friends on im) but its a good place to start and so far I can play Dantoonie again. :cool:

Dragon

so .... i have a radeon 9200 se card ..... and the game ran awfully in some sections of the map ...... the character began moving chaotically .... the game was simply unplayable ...... thanks to your ATI tips the game is running fine now ....... i thank u ......... you're a life saver ...... game on :devil:

Don't suppose anyone could send me a save game so I can see if its the whole thing that won't run or if its just after cutscenes? PM me if you can, it would mean a lot to me if someone could, cheers!

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Just Bumpin this baby, to let others get some help! :D

No dice dude.. my lil ole 7500 refuses to run this game. I've tried EVERYTHING suggested at every message board I can find regarding this game and it's done.

Guess I've got 4 coasters now.. cause this game's useless as t*ts on a bull as it stands..

EB told me today that I can't return it either, since it's not defective.. I'll bring it to them in pieces tomorrow and tell them to shove "defective" up their collective *sses.

Just Bumpin this baby, to let others get some help! :D

No dice dude.. my lil ole 7500 refuses to run this game. I've tried EVERYTHING suggested at every message board I can find regarding this game and it's done.

Guess I've got 4 coasters now.. cause this game's useless as t*ts on a bull as it stands..

EB told me today that I can't return it either, since it's not defective.. I'll bring it to them in pieces tomorrow and tell them to shove "defective" up their collective *sses.

well man, you really cannot expect to run a game that says that your graphics card is not supported to work. you can get one that will work for barrelly any money, I think you should look into that.

My wife was crashing occasionally, I think we fixed the problem by using the latest Omega drivers for her ATI 9700.

Her specs

AMD XP 3000+

Windows XP home SP2

1 gig PC 3200 ram

ATI 9700 128meg Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.05a (Catalyst 5.1)

www.omegadrivers.net

She still has some graphical glitches from time to time, but no crashes since the driver update.

Make sure you uninstall ALL ATI software from your PC before you install the new drivers.

Good luck.

i got a laptop with the radeon 7500, i installed the omega 4.9 like u said but when i try to install the 8.07 it says "setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. please make sure you have the required hardware or software". Its pissing me off i dont know what else to do. anything would help thanks alot

what I don't understand is why kotor2 won't run on my laptop when kotor1 ran great! (on the highest settings) the game engine is supposed to be the same an the requirements are word for word the same as kotor1!

I think obsidan is a bunch of big fat liars they must have changed somthing why else are there so many people having so many problems?:angry:

I hope they come out with a fix patch soon or lucas/obsidian is gona have a riot on there hands! :devil:

"A riot is an ugly ting. UNT I TINK IT'S YUST ABOUT TIME THAT WE HAD VONE!"

Young Frankenstien

:)

In the swkotor.ini file, under graphics options add the line:

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Not a bad solution, this may have done the trick. I'm not certain because I haven't entered any really large areas yet (nothing like the Dune Sea in the KOTOR 1). Things seem a little uglier, but it might just be my imagination.

Being able to run the latest Catalyst drivers (5.2) with just a minor tweak to KOTOR 2 would be great.