Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is KOTOR in your top 10?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Is KOTOR in your top 10? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Is KOTOR in your top 10?

1. Yes. (30 votes [57.69%])

Percentage of vote: 57.69%

2. No. (22 votes [42.31%])

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Zach Morris

Zach Morris

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 486 posts
My top 10 as of Feb. 7th, 2005

1. Goldeneye. N64
2. Contra 3: The Alien Wars. SNES
3. Super Smash Bros. N64
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee. GAMECUBE
5. Command and Conquer Series. PC
6. Final Fantasy 3 (really 6 though). SNES
7. Chrono Trigger. SNES
8. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. SNES
9. Madden Series. CONSOLES
10. Earthbound. SNES

I guess SNES is the overall winner for me. <Sigh> Goodtimes :-

Deraldin

Deraldin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4033 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
My top ten would probably be something along the lines of this: (in the order I thought of them)

Dark Reign - I'm still trying to find another copy of this game. The ending wasn't great but the rest of the game was great fun. Shredders were an awesome concept and nothing beat's hearing the Freedom Guard Martyr's shouting "FOR THE CAUSE!" right before they blow up. ;) Everytime I bid on a copy on eBay I get outbid at the last second.

Civilization 2: Test of Time - I never got the original Civ2 but I had played it at my uncle's house and as soon as I got home I made my parents take me out to the store to buy a copy but could only find Test of Time so I bought that. Winner of the most played game in my collection.

Command and Conquer Red Alert + Counterstrike and Aftermath - This was my first real computer game beyond Commander Keen. I remember playing this for day's on end in a competition with my dad to see who could make it to the end of the game first. I got my very first computer from my dad so that I could play this game without hogging the computer all day because at the time we only had the one computer and four people that wanted to use it.

Empire Deluxe - Great war game. A lot of fun to play. I think this would have to be runner up for most played game but definatly tops the list for most fun game. The best way to play is with ohter people. I used to play hotseat games of this with my dad who would almost always beat me but nevertheless we had great fun. Games could literally go on for days on the larger maps. It was fun hunting battleships with submarines. :p

Baldurs Gate - The original game was my first every RPG experience. Before that I had heard stories from one of my cousins who is now in her 30's and still play's D&D. I remember the person at the EB tried to get my to buy a Final Fantasy game instead of Baldur's Gate but I said no for some reason I can't recall right now but it was probably because I had already made a decision. Nearly bought Planescape: Torment instead of Baldur's Gate but I decided against that becasue I hated the box art. This was all before I started going on the internet.

Okay this is only top 5 but it's all I'm willing to write right now so you'll have to settle for top 5 instead. Kotor would not be in the other half of the top ten.

Niten_Ryu

Niten_Ryu

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 933 posts

Is KotOR in your top 10 ?

No, it's not.

I really like KotOR, but I've played many great games since the early 80's. Top ten list is very hard to reach. KotOR is in my top ten games of 2003 list :)

GTA - Vice City
Freedom Force
KotOR
Splinter Cell
Arx Fatalis

So, I bought only 5 games 2003... oh crap, I have to buy all sequels this year. GTA - San Andreas, Freedom Force vs. Third Reich, KotOR II, Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory, Arx Fatalis II (not sure if this will make it 2005).

Daaave

Daaave

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 950 posts
yep.

DSLuke

DSLuke

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2495 posts
Yes, KOTOR is definitely in my TOP-10

Whitemithrandir

Whitemithrandir

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1075 posts
1. Planescape: Torment
2. Planescape: Torment
3. Planescape: Torment
4. Planescape: Torment
5. Planescape: Torment
6. Planescape: Torment
7. Planescape: Torment
8. Planescape: Torment
9. Planescape: Torment
10. Icegate dalescape: fallment II.

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts

I NEED this game! :)

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
Now that's a mouthful >_<

Shadowstrider

Shadowstrider

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
KotOR 2 would be in my top 10. KotOR 1 would not.

Antagonist

Antagonist

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 382 posts
Kotor was a fun game and I never really regreted buying it, but it's story was too predictable, especially if you played, or rather endured, NwN before, as Kotor's plot was a carbon copy of NwN's. Even without this knowledge they used too much foreshadowing. By the time I reached Dantooine I had a definite suspicion who my character was and some NPCs were really annoying.

But the locations were great, especially the water world and the sith planet. Plus, Bioware made it possible to play an evil character which was not really possible in their earlier games even if you could only play a thug.

I am REALLY curious about Kotor 2. I expect some flaws due to the short development cycle but it should hint if MCA was an one-hit-wonder or not.

Shadowstrider

Shadowstrider

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you ever get the TAWP SECRAT ending? I could never execute the 360 degree hack slice on the dread-demon Krssssshektaa'spitol. Plus I never found the four rings of holy smiting +15.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I played KotOR on my X-Box. I gave up after about four hours out of sheer boredom. I'd bought Full Spectrum Warrior the same day, and had much more fun with it.

A top ten? Sure, I'll bite. However, my top ten are in no particular order.... from time to time I've probably been equally addicted to the following games:

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 2/ Throne of Bhaal

Medieval: Total War/ Viking Invasion

Rome: Total War (current addiction Numero Uno)

Jagged Alliance 2

X-Com 2

Icewind Dale

Command & Conquer (the original)

Doom 2 (only FPS I've ever really gotten into)

Warriors of the Eternal Sun (D&D on the Sega Megadrive)

---

Cheers
MC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users