Should've Bioware Taken The Job For KOTOR II?

You don't do a very good job of proving your point.  Oops, that's what you're supposed to say, my bad.  I won't get angry if you want to use that as your fallback.

Heh. Yet another baseless retort accompanied by (un)witty banter. Pathetic. You're really lowering your standards.

Nobody said that they have to have worse stories, but they generally do (which is the fact you keep missing).

No, in fact that's one of the things I've been saying in the last posts. Perhaps you should actually read?

AvP you ran from room to room clearing out enemies, and got tugged along for the ride.  That's the original arguement here, sorry you failed to grasp it, and made up your own version of the discussion.

You are discussing the gameplay and that is not what's being discussed here. Gameplay and story presentation are different subjects. Obviously the gameplay in FPSs is different from that in RPGs, but then again, that has nothing to do with the storytelling. Sorry you failed to grasp it, and made your own version of the discussion.

Game, set and match.

To the person making up a discussion in his mind, claiming opinions as facts, and telling people to grow up because they don't believe his opinions as the gospel truth.

I have posted no opinions so far. Are you so obtuse that can't distinguish between opinion and fact?. And now I'm discussing different things? Well, let's see what the discussion was about in the beginning:

Are these the only games you've ever played?  Each time you try and prove one of your "points" you bring up Halo...  Having a FPS and RPG and comparring them is ignorant.
Again, DIFFERENT GENRE.  Republic Commando is a SQUAD BASED SHOOTER.  KOTOR is a ROLEPLAYING GAME.  Do you see the brutally obvious difference here?
He has a valid point though. He's comparing the approach the games have when telling the storyline, not the genres.

There is a glarring difference between the story progression of a first person shooter and the story progression of a roleplaying game.

He's trying to compare a genre, that is by DEFAULT, simple and straight forward, with a genre that is largely populated with more complex game elements, from character creation, to interaction, to story progression. Any idiot can make a "point" by grabbing one extreme and comparing it to another. If you're going to handicap your arguement with some asinine comparison, at least keep it remotely similar in game genre. Diablo would have been a better choice than HALO, since at least Diablo, by a small minority, is considered a "RPG".

Well, it appears it's YOU who keeps changing the 'subject' of the discussion whenever it suits you.

In a shooter, I can choose to roleplay my guy as a killing machine, or a guy that kills only what he has to, and runs from the rest.  Oops, I guess that makes every FPS a RPG now, by your definition.

No, you can't, unless it's a stealth oriented FPS. Quit making stuff up, you're not good enough at it.

Really, you're making this all too easy.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Games are not an art?  Oh please.  The very definition of it uses the term "such as", which opens the door to other forms or art.  It uses music and literature as two examples, both of which are found in games, the visual art is found in games also.  Now you're just disagreeing with everything everyone says regardless of the logic behind it.

Yeah, TV ads have those things, too. Are TV ads an art too? LMFAO...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Heh. Yet another baseless retort accompanied by (un)witty banter. Pathetic. You're really lowering your standards.

Yet another failed attempt to show forum superiority.

You are discussing the gameplay and that is not what's being discussed here. Gameplay and story presentation are different subjects. Obviously the gameplay in FPSs is different from that in RPGs, but then again, that has nothing to do with the storytelling. Sorry you failed to grasp it, and made your own version of the discussion.

Game, set and match.

Yep, you've missed the debate. Go back and read the K-guys post. He talks about point a to b to c, with no chance of messing up, no thinking, yada yada. First person shooters are by default, simple like this. You're just not seeing it, and have made up your own little fantasy world where people are talking about the inner complexity of the developers thinking while taking a dump and writing a behind the scenes scripting sequence. Get on the same page please, talking with you about this nonsense is rather annoying, especially when you're as uninformed as you are on the subject.

No, you can't, unless it's a stealth oriented FPS. Quit making stuff up, you're not good enough at it.

The **** I can't. I can play Halo, Unreal, Doom, Half Life, etc... and run from the vast majority of the enemies, only killing what I absolutely HAVE to kill. Or I can kill everything I come across. That's a CHOICE I CAN MAKE. Like I said before, you're disagreeing just to disagree.

Really, you're making this all too easy.

Not easy enough for you though.

Yeah, TV ads have those things, too. Are TV ads an art too? LMFAO...

If you were educated enough in marketing, you'd know that a lot of work, direction, writing and research goes into TV ads. It's like filming a movie on a much smaller scale, so yes, it's a form of art because of the art direction the director choses to do, the music that's written for the ad, etc...

Your lack of knowledge is starting to shine.