For Those That Love This Game...

I just wanted to ask the people who are in love with this game and like it as much/(better??? : o) than the first one, what is it about this game that gives you the same/better experience than KotOR?

I'm just trying to understand if most people are that willing to either ignore or make up for in their own minds the many pointed out flaws in this game.

I know as for my own opinion, it is extremely disappointing, has an awful storyline, the single worst ending I've ever seen in a game, sooooo many plot holes, and is buggy as hell.

To me, the storyline was by far the best quality of KotOR, and the game was polished and created with an almost unheard of quality.

I stopped reading right there. ;)

KOTOR1 was polished? Man......KOTOR2 ain't nearly as polished as it should be either, but the first game was far from perfect if we're talking about bugs/glitches/performance.

Anyway, I can't say I prefer this one to the original, but I have been hooked on this game for the last 80+ hours, forsaking all other games (and I've bought plenty to keep me busy after I'm completely done with this game). I did something similar with the first as well.

I'm not disappointed -- sure, I wish the game was polished to perfection. I wish the devs hadn't been pushed for sucha quickie release date and added all the things they wanted or perfected things that they did. But as it is, it is still the most engrossing RPG I've played since the first game, including all the RPGs I own for the PS2 -- I'd say these two games rank up there with all-time console classics.

As I've said before, I enjoy the story for it's darker, more introspective feel -- the first game had more of an epic feel to it, but I don't feel this one's story dulls in comparison -- I could easily see why some would prefer it. I do prefer KOTOR2's LS ending to the first game's though, and I may be the minority here. The first game's LS ending was definitely reminiscient of Episode IV, happy happy, but I preferred the DS ending. I also enjoyed roleplaying the darkside in the first game much more -- for me, Revan was a darkside female that could not be redeemed.

With KOTOR2, I'm finding I enjoyed the LS a bit more -- sure, I'm getting that evil-enjoyment of perverting my party members, manipulating others, and killing lots, but for this story, I felt the story fit well with the Exile being a male lightsider, finding redemption....

I don't know if I'll be playing a 3rd time immediately after, but I plan on it eventually!

well we both belive what we belive, but how could you compare star wars to flash gordon?? and whats this about lucas not being able to able to afford the rights to flash gordon? the two have nothing in common what so ever and he made the original series on a very tight budgit. anyways, it seems to me like your looking for a reason to pass off Akira Kousawa's storys as being stolen to vent your own anger over something. the storys may seem the same, but it's just coincedence. Lucas would never rip anyone off like that.

well we both belive what we belive, but how could you compare star wars to flash gordon?? and whats this about lucas not being able to able to afford the rights to flash gordon? the two have nothing in common what so ever and he made the original series on a very tight budgit. anyways, it seems to me like your looking for a reason to pass off Akira Kousawa's storys as being stolen to vent your own anger over something. the storys may seem the same, but it's just coincedence. Lucas would never rip anyone off like that.

Check out these links, the first two pulled up from a google search, and let me know what you think then.

http://www.jitterbug.com/origins/flash.html

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mstarwar.html