The Ending...

This will probably REALLY date me for being old, but...

The descriptions of the ending that I've heard really make me think not only of ESB, but partly of Back to the Future II.

When the end of the latter came in theaters, people in the audience openly groaned and laughed. But when III came out, put together they looked fine, as a 2 part 4 hour movie :)

Too bad they can't pull that in a video game ;) At least not glaringly like BTTF did.

And at what point do we get too old to play video games?

Ask me when I turn 50 next year.

I have been gaming since before the PC and I am still going strong. As long as there are good games I will play and I do not see myself giving it up anytime soon.

(w00t) wow... a real veteran... I SALUTE YOU!!!

I'm only 13... I'm a child in your eyes... :-

And at what point do we get too old to play video games?

Ask me when I turn 50 next year.

I have been gaming since before the PC and I am still going strong. As long as there are good games I will play and I do not see myself giving it up anytime soon.

Here here.

I've been gaming since the old model of the Atari 2600 was still called the Atari home entertainment system. Back before there was a 5200, and it still had ugly fake woodgrain on parts, to make it look 'clean' on the TV.

I remember when I got a non-Atari joystick, wiggled it some, and was able to make Pac-Man bug out from the up/down tunnels, going clear down the screen through walls. :unsure:

Way before PC Gaming :wub:

ooh man the atari 2600. Mine was all plastic, no wood to it, and I can still remember sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night to play asteroids and frogger. Activisions games were my faves, like pitfall and that one where you flew the plane over the water bombing crap left and right. I was always jealous because my friends all had the new coleco visions and at the time the graphics were pretty high end. But then after a month the joysticks would break so everyone would be over at my parents house playing atari again.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Combat was one of the best games ever, IMO.

It's funny how I have found those 20-year-old games have better replay value than the majority of modern games. I still play Galaga, Centipede, Asteroids, Space Invaders, etc., regularly, while many newer games that I have sit on their shelves and collect dust.

Combat was one of the best games ever, IMO.

It's funny how I have found those 20-year-old games have better replay value than the majority of modern games.  I still play Galaga, Centipede, Asteroids, Space Invaders, etc., regularly, while many newer games that I have sit on their shelves and collect dust.

lol so true.

I still have mame on my gaming system and have collected many old arcade games like Zaxxon, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Centepede, Joust, Battle Zone, Galxia, Galaga, Space Invaders, even before them were text based games on my IMSAI 8080z, Advent, Wumpus, Zork, horse race, sub hunt, Startrek.

xxxxx

xxx*x

xxEx

Command? (A,M, F, U,D)

Before these in my teens I played Avalon Hill games like Midway, France 1940, Battle of the Bulge, Stratego, Waterloo and many others.

When the computer revolution started with pong and Pacman at the arcades - I gave Pacman wrist a new meaning. I cannot begin to count how many quarters I fed to those machines.

My first console was an Intellivision from Mattel. Great games like AD&D, Armor Battle, B-17 Bomber, Defender, Donky Kong, River Raid, Tron (Deadly Disks), Stampede, and yes Commando, and a huge list of other great games. The intellivision was the first 16 bit console, with intellivoice. I ended up modifying the Intellivision so I could get to the BASIC root prompt, so I could mod the game parameters.

I eventually graduated to the ADAM TV computer, where I first tried my hand at BASIC programming.

As PCs evolved, my first real computer game was The Bards Tale in all of its EGA glory. EGA was a definite step up from 4 color CGA.

Computers I have owned - IBM PC-XT, IBMPC-AT, a couple hundred IBM clones or what are know now as white box systems. and my favorite for many years, my Amiga 2000. It was way ahead of its time.

So yes I have been around the block a time or two. One thing I have seen as a recent trend is that publishers want to push the devs to market new games too fast and rarely allow for a complete game to be made. Which is sad.

KotOR 2 is as I expected it to be, nothing more nothing less. I would have liked a better ending and a little more character development on the dark side. I am not saying it is a bad game because it is not. What I am saying is that the publisher should have made the March 2005 delivery and delivered a more solid product. This is not Obsidians fault. They did a good job for the time they had allotted to them. Actually I think they did an outstanding job considering the development time they had.

It could have been better. :-