Character attributes compared to KOTOR 1

You need a high intelligence to use saber shoes, the ultimate weapon of the darkside

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

well, Skills play a bigger role now than ever before, as your proficiency with any one of them determines in some cases what can be said by yer PC, as well as what you can make at the workbenches. It adds s'more depth, and allows for much more customization.

well, Skills play a bigger role now than ever before, as your proficiency with any one of them determines in some cases what can be said by yer PC, as well as what you can make at the workbenches.  It adds s'more depth, and allows for much more customization.

Yeah, this is true. You need some skill in repair to produce good items in the workbench. Also, you need to have some skill in security to avoid damaging the contents in plasteel cylinders, footlockers, etc.

This is sounding trickier than the first game already (with high Wisdom & Charisma, fights were a piece of cake in the first game).

You need a high intelligence to use saber shoes, the ultimate weapon of the darkside

Can saber shoes only be worn by the dark side? I've been cursed, and can only ever play as a light sided player. I realise I miss out on a fair chunk of the experience, but I just can't be evil.

well, Skills play a bigger role now than ever before, as your proficiency with any one of them determines in some cases what can be said by yer PC, as well as what you can make at the workbenches.  It adds s'more depth, and allows for much more customization.

Yes I've noticed I can't do much at a work bench. Is this much of a problem? I assumed I'd be able to get one of my NPCs to make anything I needed?

Yeah, this is true. You need some skill in repair to produce good items in the workbench. Also, you need to have some skill in security to avoid damaging the contents in plasteel cylinders, footlockers, etc

Again, with the content of plasteel cylinders etc, are you often without an NPC who can open them for you? And is the breakable content work sacrificing other skills for?

Thanks

1. The fights are pretty easy with any stats, so don't worry about that.

2. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Laozi was being a little sarcastic about the saber shoes. I'm pretty sure they don't exist.

3. For most of the game, yes, you will be able to use your companions to create items at workbenches. There is a bug though that makes it so that only your PCs repair skill rank is used when breaking items down into components, regardless of who's using the workbench.

4. Again, you will usually be able to rely on an NPC for picking locks, though you might not have a lock pick in your group at the time and be stuck in an area where you can't change out teammates. With the random loot system in play, you can't say for sure if breaking items when bashing open a container is a concern or not. You could bash open the same container 2 times (different playthroughs of course) and break a medpack in one, or the Uber-Ultimate Lightsaber Lens the next time.

Personally, I like to have at least a 12 Int, since it gives me 1 more skill point per level (unlike Kotor 1, each bonus from Int gives an additional skill point). It's not so much because I need to use a lot of skills during the game, but because skills can open a LOT of extra dialog options, and that's one of the areas I like best about the game.

4. Again, you will usually be able to rely on an NPC for picking locks, though you might not have a lock pick in your group at the time and be stuck in an area where you can't change out teammates. With the random loot system in play, you can't say for sure if breaking items when bashing open a container is a concern or not. You could bash open the same container 2 times (different playthroughs of course) and break a medpack in one, or the Uber-Ultimate Lightsaber Lens the next time.

Personally, I like to have at least a 12 Int, since it gives me 1 more skill point per level (unlike Kotor 1, each bonus from Int gives an additional skill point). It's not so much because I need to use a lot of skills during the game, but because skills can open a LOT of extra dialog options, and that's one of the areas I like best about the game.

Well, if you bash open a cylinder or something and you find out there are 2 broken items, then it was probably a medpack. But if you find yourself looking at one single broken item, it could have been a combat sensor or who knows.

I think Awareness and Intelligence are the only skills that open up dialogue options. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Well, if you bash open a cylinder or something and you find out there are 2 broken items, then it was probably a medpack. But if you find yourself looking at one single broken item, it could have been a combat sensor or who knows.

I think Awareness and Intelligence are the only skills that open up dialogue options. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Persuade opens up dialogue options, obviously.

- dr cloak