End game rant (spoilers)

Lacan

Its the reduced to-hit penalty for dual wielding them.

You go with tier 3 dual wield (precise name escapes me), and short sabers, and iirc you now have 0/-2 as your to-hit modifiers.

I'm not entirely certain of how the mechanics for double bladed sabers work, so I can't do much more of a comparison, but I was one-round killing pretty much everything on the last level with my dual wield set-up.

So it seems to work just fine.

Though the extra 1-12 damage upgrade on one of my sabers no doubt helped immensely.

I should double check the stats on the non-upgradeable one. I never did pay too much attention to them as I only had the two short blades.

The "rare" double bladed sabers were far and away what I got the most of. I probably had around half a dozen of those at the end of the game, exactly two normal lightsabers, and one customizable short blade (as mentioned, I received another short blade, but it wasn't customizable, and I suspect it was one of the rare pieces of pre-set loot).

iirc, with a strength score of 12 (+1 damage), I was usually doing around 15-25 x6 points of damage per combat round, barring misses.

I also had a Consular Jedi Master and through the whole last 2 planets I was just using force wave again and again (no lightning) and was killing everything without their getting close to me and I hardly used any force points. The only difficulty I had was with the greater storm beast, but I was able to us Enlightenment, Force Wave, run away to where he couldn't see me, save, repeat, repeat, repeat...death for him. Sion and Treya were simple, especially here second form, I could just force wave the light sabres away from me and kill all three of them without focusing on her and they wouldn't get near me. Consular Jedi Master is definitely a very potent combo; I think I had over a 40 Wisdom at the end.

I almost never want to play another KOTOR game again. It was incredible up until the scene with the 3 masters on Dantooine (LS). Then the end......I mean WTF?? The game was the best I had played until the last couple of hours. It didn't tie up ANY plot lines, and it just left even more open ended questions, mostly about Revan.

So here's the question -

Do you think that the fact that both Revan and The Exile are apparently going off to parts unknown just a way to get them out of the picture for the next game in the series, or do you think the developers are going to pick up their story again (hopefully in the next installment)?

Here's a fun possibility -

Love interest from game 1 and one of the possible love interests from game 2 decide that they're sick and tired of waiting around for your characters, and decide to team up and go looking for them. Either the game reads off of your hard drive saved games to find out what gender/jedi type your old characters were, or it offers you the opportunity to provide that information at the start of the game (or both, for those people who don't have the saved games still sitting around, or have multiple saved games appropriately close to the end).

You'd probably still have to pick who you were recruiting from the second game.

And players would probably be annoyed about the fact that they didn't get to design their own unique character this time around, but were instead forced to play as Bastila or Carth (and assuming Carth bails on ladies that go DS, possibly neither).

She had a 3 second cameo, and it would have made no sense at all if she didn't show up.

Yes, I suppose you could probably kill her even as a Light Side jedi. However, since the developers aren't going off of a save game file, they have to make certain assumptions, and the assumptions that they've made have generally been positive ones (as evidenced by the developer quote that if you skip the relevant questions early on in the game, then Revan is automatically male and LS). So the developers are going to operate under the assumption that you didn't kill her, which particularly makes sense given the link between the two. Mental links probably do funny things to your way of thinking that can't be duplicated in video games.

imo, given who she is, and her link with Revan (emotional for a male Revan, and mental regardless of gender), she would probably be even more concerned about his location and well-being than anyone else in the first game (and still fairly concerned about the location and well-being of a "her", albeit not quite so much), and it would be rather silly to have Carth make his cameo appearence, and not slip in Bastila at some point.

There's also the fact that if they don't put Bastila in somewhere, then people will speculate that she went with him.

but then Nhilius was a real let down in that you have to plug in the holes for him to make him anything other than a prop... no real revelation about who he was beneath the mask (Luke, I am your father...), just a let down frim Vista about he was "just a man."  Gee thanks.  I just killed the guy who annhiliated a whole planet and an entire conclave of Jedi and he was just a cardboard guy?

Personally I thought that scene was great.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

We need more Candy-man, HK, and we need to be able to pick the romances. It should be free for all :D If I have to romance Carth at any point I will vomit. Plus, I'm DSF, so the first chance I get to kill him, I'll gladly take it.

Bastila can be in the story DS or LS, male or female. If you're DS, you have the emotional and mental bond, male. If you're female, you have the mental bond. Plus she's still your apprentice. And what you guys said for LS, which I don't really understand ^_^ so I won't go there :)

She kinda has to be in the third one (if there is one O_O hint hint) because either way, she was with Revan. I don't think she/he will just throw her away. Unless you have some option to say that indeed you did kill her, but I think that that was a small percentage.

Who knows with players.  The ones who are more in character probably wouldn't no matter what, but put the word out that if you successfully romance her and then kill her you can loot a lightsaber that does 100-200 points of damage per hit, and suddenly at least 75% of the player base will start killing her.

Spoken like a true power gamer. :blink: I definitely agree on that assessment. If you can get the lightsaber o doom by killing a npc (and only by killing the npc), most power gamers will do it, whether playing LS or DS. The "in-character" players might do it differently. But if the romances are as broken as KOTOR 2, I'd kill the whole lot of them for a lightsaber o doom. :)

Regards,

DL

For those of you who are disappointed in the game, check out this link

very similar to everything that has been said (I am not sure if it will be in link format so you may have to cut and paste)

http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,660...tory_page_next1

ooops that is to the second page here is the first

http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,660...html?tw=rss.CUL