i wonder what the dark green saber color is gonna?

Well i think that energy is light. Or so the definition of light seems to explain

Light is (can be) energy. Energy is NOT however light.

If you want to get into the nitty gritty of light, it can be considered be consiting of waves or particles, depending on the situation. It can be defined as energy (i think). But like heat is a form of energy, energy is not always heat, etc

if you take into account the conservation of energy principle, ie, that energy cannot be created or destroyed, you could say like for the lightsaber example:

Blade is made of pure energy. As it is continually drawing power (otherwise it would last forever without a recharge) it must also be losing energy. The energy lost in this way is probably in the form of heat and light and sound.

Oh and the reason the electromagnerically generate arc wave blade of pure energy is almost scientifically sound is coz i got it from the Star Wars Visual Dictionary, with ic a compilation from the LucasFilm Archives

In a world of vacuum there are only waves and energy. Light is both wave and matter. Matter is energy in slow motion(really slow motion). Energy is tranformed into heat or what else, but we can define it only through the transformations. Yet if in a lightsabre energy is not heat or anytrhing else, it is light. A black sabre could be a heatsabre, not a lightsabre. By the way, isn't the idea of that blade ridiculous? How can it have a mesourable size?

There is hope beyond hope

In a world of vacuum there are only waves and energy. Light is both wave and matter. Matter is energy in slow motion(really slow motion). Energy is tranformed into heat or what else, but we can define it only through the transformations. Yet if in a lightsabre energy is not heat or anytrhing else, it is light. A black sabre could be a heatsabre, not a lightsabre. By the way, isn't the idea of that blade ridiculous? How can it have a mesourable size?

Absolutely ridiculous. Why would you even want a black lightsaber?

But anyway, saying that the blade is made of pure light is probably (if you know better, fine) wrong, because while you say you can only define energy by it's transformations, something like electricty gives off heat and light. But that deosn't mean that electricity is composed of just heat and light. (My physics is rusty, please forgive if i am making a fool of myself)

While that may be true, light is not a form of energy that has the ability to cut. Think of lasers and ions and the rest. They are energy that emit light. But that does not make them light. (Referencing your post, "Energy is not light.") Light is energy, but it is not a form of energy that you wield as a weapon.

To say that you have a lightsaber, you are claiming that you have a weapon that is made of light. Not that you have a weapon that emits light.

While that may be true, light is not a form of energy that has the ability to cut. Think of lasers and ions and the rest. They are energy that emit light. But that does not make them light. (Referencing your post, "Energy is not light.") Light is energy, but it is not a form of energy that you wield as a weapon.

To say that you have a lightsaber, you are claiming that you have a weapon that is made of light. Not that you have a weapon that emits light.

Does that mean that a blaster is made of blasts, and doesn't blast?

light is an aspect of energy(Analagy: A Ford is a car, but a car is not necisarily a Ford, right?) as is heat and all those other aspects i can't remember.

You cannot possibly know what is meant by lightsaber, unless you are Lucas himself.... Are you?

And planar, thats what i meant. Just because something can transform into light, doesn not mean it is composed of light.

And from my post :the idea of a lightsabre is ridiculous...

I just try to deflect the idea of a black lightsabre, based on the name of the lightsabre, (which cannot exist)

I think lucas may have made a boo boo, creating the lgihtsaber, and almost being able to justify it, it creates all sorts of conflicts on boards. But that have been just what he wanted

Does that mean that a blaster is made of blasts, and doesn't blast?

light is an aspect of energy(Analagy: A Ford is a car, but a car is not necisarily a Ford, right?) as is heat and all those other aspects i can't remember.

You cannot possibly know what is meant by lightsaber, unless you are Lucas himself.... Are you?

And planar, thats what i meant. Just because something can transform into light, doesn not mean it is composed of light.

I will grant you that point.

However, I would assume that my previous statement:

is correct.

When were these movies made? I don't remember, but I doubt that he was considering all of the arguments started over the actual physics of a lightsaber. He simply messed up. I know that will piss some people off, but he makes mistakes like anyone else.

Why? How can you assume what is meant by a name?

Define by it's name the purpose of a gun. Or a plane. why not bulletfirer and airvehicle? Since when have a torch been called a lightrod?

You cant jude a device by its name, and saying that you assume you are correct when you say that when you say you have a lightsaber, you mean that your saber is made if light, is just silly.

And just to point out, according to lucasFilm, the lightsaber's blade is made of "pure energy" whatever that means. Not light.

First and foremost: Im simply arguing for the sake of discussion. Im curious to why you believe what you do and am only trying different counterarguments to ascertain your meaning.

Secondly, if you assume that he is automatically correct, as well he should be for devising this, then explain something else to me: What is meant by "pure energy"?!? Opposed to what? Non-pure energy? You seem to want to play interpreter as much as I do, go ahead.

planar jedi, you are WRONG. go onto the suggestions thread and search for the thread about lightsabers, which had a lot to do with katanas. so in fact search katanas. then in that thread you will find and argument from a dude with a degree in advanced physics who explained a lightsaber could be made, but it would be ginormous, the hilt that is, and would consume ridiculous amounts of energy (excuse me wordage)

I won;t search, but i won;t deny the dude, but the point is wether a DARK LIGHTSABRE isappicable, though i admit  i used the nonexistance of the lightsabre as an arguement. I am not a god(yet. Haaaaahahahaha)

see above i have posted a link, read it its a fascinating thread