skip the cut scenes

has anyone heard if we will be able to skip the cut scenes in KOTOR II? That was one of the only things i really disliked about the first game. After I beat the game I didn't like sitting through all the cut scenes every time i played again. Also, will there be an option to not play the "shoot down the enemy fighter, which really has nothing to do with the game" part?

Remember a couple of weeks ago, there was that guy who started a bunch of pointless threads........

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah. Going through the ending over and over again was really maddening with all the cutscenes, having to wait through them. Especially the boring ones involving malak and his lackey.

I thought I heard about Obsidian making the other side's motives less clear? Although I liked the first scenes with malak talking about

bombing Taris

, the ones with Calo Nord and Darth Bandon were lame and aggravating in their excruciatingly boring nature of mundane cruelty.

1. You could skip through the cut scenes in the first game. At least, you could on the PC.

2. All mini-games are optional in The Sith Lords.

3. The fighter's min-game was incredibly easy. I just don't get why people disliked it so much.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

1. You could skip through the cut scenes in the first game. At least, you could on the PC.

3. The fighter's min-game was incredibly easy. I just don't get why people disliked it so much.

1. How could you skip them on the PC?? I think i tried just about everything

3. Easy maybe, annoying and pointless- definatly!

There was a reason for some of the cutscenes, not all were "skippable" on the PC...

If you just skipped over the cutscenes, all the needed scripts wouldn't get executed and any number of things would break as a result.

How about the ability to "jump to the end" to each individual script ?

It may have been my imagination, but in some cutscenes you could "fastforward" it by clicking a couple of times, by others you couldn't. It was as if you had to wait for the voice over to finish, before the script could progress. One from top of my head is the introductions to the duel arena, where some lines of text could be skipped, others you had to wait for the guy finishing his introduction lines...

If you could "speed up" things a bit. it wouldn't need to skip it entirely. Especially nice if reloading before long scenes or even when playing through the game for the umpteenth time. :)

Yeah... what you saw there in the Arena was a certain 'delay' that you had to wait through before you could start skipping over the dialog nodes quickly. That delay was the time necessary to set up a lot of things via script in order for the arena to work right. To keep you from breaking the arena, they keep you from skipping over certain key nodes, or skipping too quickly, until the stage has been set. While it seems to tie in with the voice-over, it's actually not connected. It was just an issue of 'necessary delay so that things work'.

There will be places in KotOR2 where you run into some of the same things unfortunately. It's something we can't get around in the engine. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that we'll be more careful in forcing you to undergo a cutscene over and over again. I found the opening to the arena tedious as well, especially since I kept dying and having to do it over and over, and couldn't just skip over the intro to it. :)

Then again, maybe we want to force you to watch a cutscene over and over so you can get a feeling for what it's like debugging one!

-Akari

Shooting down sith fighters was fun once... :lol:

Fortunately somebody made a patch that would remove all the random ones :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1. How could you skip them on the PC?? I think i tried just about everything

All you had to do was click. You can fly between worlds in about 3 seconds if you skip all the cutscenes. Just be careful, because you might be thrown unexpectedly into one of those "shoot the Sith fighters" sequecnes if you skipped the telltale cutscene. What I do is let the cutscene start, and once I know that it's not the telltale one for the fighters, I just skip it. So far, the only things that I've found to be unskippable on the PC are some in-game dialogue cutscenes, where there's some sort of character movement that would cause the voices to be off from the action if it wasn't skipped. Example below:

The time I can think of was the trials on Manaan, where there were different witnesses being brought up.

If the witness was walking up, that dialogue could not be skipped. This is because it was an in-game cutscene. If you skipped the dialogue and Gloopor, for instance, was still walking to the "stand" then the voices would be off for the rest of the sequence. All the other dialogue in the trials were skippable, because no one was moving around.

I know that wasn't much of a spoiler, but why not be careful of those on these boards who haven't finished the game more times than they'd care to admit to friends, parents, significant others, etc.

Anyway, those scenes mentioned before were the only ones that I found to be unskippable on the PC. I feel for you guys on Xbox who can't skip the tedious flying sequences between planets. I mean, the scenes are visually quite attractive, but they're used over and over, and get old pretty quick. It's nice to be able to skip them, and it makes me think that the PC is superior to the Xbox.

...and then I think about the fact that KotOR 2 comes out 2 months earlier for the Xbox, and I get really mad that I don't have one.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Yeah! I am so addcited to KOTOR you wouldn't believe me...actually of course you all would! because you are all KOTOR fans like me right? now any way back to what I was saying....what irriatated me on Mannan was how long the "blastard" selkath talked...it would take the selkath 60 seconds just to speak one word and howl ong would it take a selkath to speak a whole sentance? min and a half? by golly you could've done a million things within that minute...I do hope that obsidian won't make a civilization speak for more then a second at least...I'm sure KOTOR 2 will be in very good hands!

after all we have *our* cool chris avellone dont we? :)

Heya Chris :thumbsup:

How long is the cinematic sequence in the game? If it is any close to what the first game had, it will be necessary to skip over some of them. Or at least make them with better direction, so we will not have qualms of seeing it again and again...

But the game is already gone gold and in the hands of some players, so I guess it is sort of a moot point voicing any concern.