Lightsaber Hysteria

What should you be able to do?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What should you be able to do?

• 1) Disarm opponments using the Force.
    • 2) Using your lightsaber to slice oppenments weapons.
    • 3) Nothing of the above.
    • 4) All of the above.
    • 5) Don't know/ Don't care.
    • 6) Something else, explain....

True power means epic power for me. To have your name written down in hisory papers, and the lore of your deeds to be weaved as a tale amongst the people... and it also means that you can become lord of one of the Hells, beat god like creatures, call something like mini Apocalypse and things like that

newsflash! kotor is just a computer game...

True power means epic power for me. To have your name written down in hisory papers, and the lore of your deeds to be weaved as a tale amongst the people... and it also means that you can become lord of one of the Hells, beat god like creatures, call something like mini Apocalypse and things like that

newsflash! kotor is just a computer game...

Yeah seriously. Is this kid even a fan of the games? Why is he on these forums? Obsidian and Bioware don't have to follow your rules. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Not all are the same. And not all people here are satisfied with other NPCs telling that ''you are the greatest of all the times.'' You don't have to be the ultimate char to have fun. I guess you have never played a CRPG before 2000. And neither have you ever played PnP RPG. Try them and you shall see that it will change your points of view about gaming. And not everyone is this forums is kid, Star Wars was first shown 20+ years ago, some of us may be 30 something. Just to protect you from starting a civil war. And who told you i don't like computer games? CRPGs are my favorite genre, and a good rpg feeling is just equal for me with an '''' feeling

There is hope beyond hope

I would accept if there were some swords made of that material and could block my lightsaber. But having all of them to do so just seems stupid and so not Star Wars.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

In star wars books and movies common thugs and soldiers have no chance against a force user. I want to feel my superiority as a Jedi and it is natural that I should have a possiblity to disarm force blind pigs and slaughter them defenseless.

Even simple padawans can do that (ex. Obi-Wan in Darth Maul Shadowhunter)!

Not to mention that cortosis is extremely rare resource so all these loosers simply shouldn'tt have swords made of cortosis

BTW I don't like to feel like superman but let's have everything real shall we? In

Star Wars Jedi don't have any problems with comnon folks!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

In star wars books and movies common thugs and soldiers have no chance against a force user. I want to feel my superiority as a Jedi and it is natural that I should have a possiblity to disarm force blind pigs and slaughter them defenseless.

Even simple padawans can do that (ex. Obi-Wan in Darth Maul Shadowhunter)!

Not to mention that cortosis is extremely rare resource so all these loosers simply shouldn'tt have swords made of cortosis

BTW I don't like to feel like superman but let's have everything real shall we? In

Star Wars Jedi don't have any problems with comnon folks!

Excactly my point there.

so how do you suggest you keep the game fun if you just walk through wave after wave of enemies.

You would have to be fighting AT-ATs or Sith Lords for half the game. Thats not particularly realistic either.

O and one lucky hit by a blaster and you would be dead.

Sounds like a swell game.

Even in the movies when the "prtagonists" were shot by blasters didn't die. For example Leia at RoTJ didn't die when she was shot at the sholder.

Even in the movies when the "prtagonists" were shot by blasters didn't die. For example Leia at RoTJ didn't die when she was shot at the sholder.

Yet stormtroopers wearing body armor always seemed to die in one shot.

waitdaminute.......could it be that even the canon has issues in it :o:)

your only other real option, as I see it, is to give the enemy all personal shields or something like that. Which is also kinda dumb.

I'm just saying it would be more fun if you could disarm witth the Force and cut the blasters/swords of your weak opponments with your lightsaber. I don't believe that it would harm the game if you could ditch some of them easily.. :)

I don't see how it would be more fun. While it would add to canon, it would make the combat take a drastic dip in challenge. It would make combat, that really isn't that great in the first place, and make some of the battles essentially pointless.

it would be like saying "here have some free exp"

Some battles are in many ways pointless.

Not everything in the game should be a challenge for the player, you're a Jedi after all, you do have some special powers why not use them in order to avoid some battles.

Yeah! Group mindtrick and all vulkar gang go to prison willingly.... (w00t)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Not everything in the game should be a challenge for the player, you're a Jedi after all

While I'm not sure I agree with a broad view of this statement, I know I disagree that combat should be easy, to the point that it's a joke. If there is no challenge, then there is no fun, then the game gets tedious.

Now I'm not saying you should be pushed to the breaking point every fight, but there is a balance there.

you do have some special powers why not use them in order to avoid some battles.

Your not talking about avoiding battles. I can see that being a good option for someone who wants to be a peaceful jedi type guy. You want to have super easy battles, and I can't see how that helps anything besides canon.

I want to have as many possibilities as possible. Besides slaining a gang of thugs is quite exhausting - look at Maul when he was working over Black Sun...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I want to have as many possibilities as possible.

Lets give the player an AT-ST to go throught the game with!!! That would be sweeeeet! Screw balance, I want to kill stuff!

Besides slaining a gang of thugs is quite exhausting - look at Maul when he was working over Black Sun...

really? In the prequels the jedi sure seemed to be able to go through a bunch of droids without being winded.

A cool scene just sprung up to my mind:

You're facing this Revolver Ocelot style Mastah Gunslinga who'se showing of his mad blaster skillz by twirling around one in his hand, doing all sorts of neat tricks. You, being a jedi (and an ass), decide to teach the fellow a lesson: just when he throws the gun twirling in the air, you use the force to pull it in your hand (like Vader). *Swoosh* The gunslinger draws another pistol in the blink of an eye and immediately shoots at the gun, making it explode in your hand. [insert witty remark by the gunslinger] and then combat begins.

:ph34r:

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Agreed

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: