NPC Droids.

Should Droids be part of the party like HK-47 was in kotor?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should Droids be part of the party like HK-47 was in kotor?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yes, But only one.
    • Yes, But more than one.
    • No. They Are Useless.
    • Dont Really Care.

I just saying the universe is random, how can anyone who even themselves have a hard time understanding it program a robot to take any changes that they hardly know themselves into account.

I dont think the force is some pattern consisting of non change able and if it not, then its unlikely anyone holds enough understanding of both computer technology and knowlegde of the force to make that kind of robots.

However i dont see any reason why a robot cant be programmed to use a lightsaber consisting of a turn on and off switch, i dont deny it might not be as skilled with it as a jedi but i dont see any reason as to why it shouldnt be able to use one.

But i dont agree with robots using the force.

EDIT: You have to remember robots, are being reacting of artifical nerves and programmed functions, they can only analyze through what means provide or do what they programmed to.

well that robots where pretty tough cause they COULD use the force, and again i say no robot in kotor should be able to use the force. it would just not fit in the game however a light saber wielding hk 47 would be awsome :p

and a robot is usually programed by the makers so the robot doesn't need to 'learn' how to wield the force he could alreaddy be capeble to because of his programming.

Well my point is if it so hard for people to learn the force how can they possible affectively program a robot to use it, and further the force is a lifeforce like element it changes it would be to complex to instruct a robot to use.

However i dont see any problem as to why robots shouldnt be able to wield lightsaber when non jedi could in the movies.

well it's obvious not to compex to program them because it was possible in jk2

but then however jk2 is aprox 15000years (if im correct) after kotor so it woulnd be strange if its in kotor too difficult for them :devil: :D

I believe you are wrong. JK series takes place a few years after the OT which was aout 4000 years after the events in KOTOR 1 & 2.

As for Force sensitive droids, I believe that it doesn't make sense. Since the Force connects all the living (and maybe dead) so it would seems rather stupid to be able to create Force able droids. What job would be left then for the Jedi the Sith and the other Force sensitives??

yeah i allready said i didn't know the date for certain

and for force sensitive droids....I never said that, the force connects all things not only living, the robots arn't force sensitive the light saber/force crystals they bear whitin them however are.

Because in order to use a lightsaber in order to fight you need the Force. Otherwise your control of it is really clumpsy.

No

The fact humans need the force to wield lightsabers well is because they lack the reflexes, so a human could use a lightsaber whitout force but would be really clumpsy whit it indeed, a robot however doesnt need the force sinse its reflexes are only limeted to their design and their programminfg thus allowing a good engineer to create a lightsaber wielding droid capable of using it almost or better than a jedi (or sith) .

what about pleasure bots, we should have a couple of them too

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ok, so droids could yiled lightsabers.....

But no way can they use the Force.

heck they can only in a difrent way a little bit sithlike by manipulating the force emenating from the crystal however they whould never have the full control over the force like the living they sure can use force lightning or such( it will proberly be all sith powers forcespeed also seems impossible to me, just like mind trick, drain and so on)

Ok, so droids could yiled lightsabers.....

But no way can they use the Force.

Robot can wield lightsaber they did in JK3 and General grievirous wield lightsaber to being half robot half alien non force user.

However i see no arguement why they should be able to use force powers, doing so in JK2 is a mistake in my opion.