Dantooine Poll

What's your CURRENT opinion of Dantooine? (in KOTOR2)  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What's your CURRENT opinion of Dantooine? (in KOTOR2)

• I'm excited to go back
    • Post-apocalyptic farm worlds are fun!
    • Dantooine's a boring planet
    • GAH! I hate Dantooine!
    • I'm unswayed overall
    • Alderaan. They're on Alderaan!
    • Dude, where's my lightsaber?
    • Dantooine is the place where I had my first time.......
    • *too busy cuddling with an Atris/Bastila/Mira blow-up doll to care*
    • *too busy cuddling with an Atton/Carth/Sion blow-up doll to care*

Here's something that puzzles me : Why was it necessary for Sarul Karath to 'figure out' the Jedi Enclave location and why did it take the Sith so long to locate Dantooine?

Wouldn't Malak have trained there when he was a Jedi? Surely they could have just asked him... :-

manthing2.jpg

Here's something that puzzles me : Why was it necessary for Sarul Karath to 'figure out' the Jedi Enclave location and why did it take the Sith so long to locate Dantooine?

Wouldn't Malak have trained there when he was a Jedi?  Surely they could have just asked him... :-

And if Malak didn't train there, he and Revan were at the ruins which were a short distance from the enlcave. This was something I always had a hard time understanding. Perhaps Saul thought he would sound smart by saying he figured something out.

Wouldn't Malak have trained there when he was a Jedi?  Surely they could have just asked him... :-

And if Malak didn't train there, he and Revan were at the ruins which were a short distance from the enlcave. This was something I always had a hard time understanding. Perhaps Saul thought he would sound smart by saying he figured something out.

If memory serves, after the interogation Carth states "He already knew where the Enlave was he was just looking for an excuse to tourture us."

Maybe they were just lolygaging around for a bit before the decided to smash the enclave down, anyway, I doubt they succeded in killing any Jedi there., even Bastilla says that they did'n't sense anything.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Interesting points Salsa. I'm thinking that your theory is right. Malak probably couldn't be bothered to 'inform' Saul on the situation, and Admiral Karath thus tried to look smart in front on Malak by (i) finding out the location for himself; (ii) destroying the enclave.

But does this mean that it was Saul directly who gave the order to bombard Dantooine, and not Malak?

Stange, as Malak did seem to have a thing for bombing planets...

manthing2.jpg

Saul was the one who bombarded Telos, so Saul likes bombing worlds. I remember one of the Jedi or civilians on Dantooine mentioned that they heard of the Sith torturing Jedi until they turn to the dark side. So, maybe one of the broken Jedis told Saul?

I wonder who are the opportunists who come to Dantooine... Mandalorians? Perhaps they made Dantoine their home base.

Saul was the one who bombarded Telos, so Saul likes bombing worlds.

Yeah, but just like Taris, that was probably Malak's idea as well. During the Leviathan interrogation (in reference to the Telos bombing), Saul explained to Carth something along the lines that 'the Sith would not accept me until I turn my back on the Republic' - hence Telos merely being an example Saul's loyalty carrying out his orders.

Also, during the post-revelation on the Ebon Hawk (when Carth blamed Revan for the destruction of Telos), Canderous said (paraphrased): 'We all know Malak gave the order to destroy your world, Carth. You can't blame Revan for that'

Your thoughts?

manthing2.jpg

Saul was the one who bombarded Telos, so Saul likes bombing worlds.

Yeah, but just like Taris, that was probably Malak's idea as well. During the Leviathan interrogation (in reference to the Telos bombing), Saul explained to Carth something along the lines that 'the Sith would not accept me until I turn my back on the Republic' - hence Telos merely being an example Saul's loyalty carrying out his orders.

Also, during the post-revelation on the Ebon Hawk (when Carth blamed Revan for the destruction of Telos), Canderous said (paraphrased): 'We all know Malak gave the order to destroy your world, Carth. You can't blame Revan for that'

Your thoughts?

Revan was a better military leader, who knew that bombarding worlds - thus destroying valuable infrastructure, conquered labour force, and resources - would hinder the war effort. He who rather come in his legions and forcefully take over the world while preserving the world's resources.

It just shows that Malak ruled by brute force, and Revan would've ruled by cunning, someone who wanted to rule a living galaxy rather than a destroyed one.

Also, the quintessential factor exacerbating these 'worldy destructive' tendancies, is the Starforge.

The Starforge is almost like a living being - feeding and hungering for Dark Side energies. Malak, of course, was not mentally of sufficent strengh to resist the corrupting effects of the Starforge. And the more Dark Side energy the Starforge consumes, the more it needs, thus requiring greater & greater wanton destruction in order to satisfy its insatiable appetite. This explains why Malak became increasingly evil and destructive, bordering insanity.

But now that it's established that Malak (and not Saul), was the chief instigator for the bombardment of Telos & Taris, the question still remains concerning Dantooine...for if Malak was aware of it before, why was no action taken until Saul Karath's? And at that rate, why wasn't Dantooine common knowledge for Saul in the first place?

manthing2.jpg

Okay, maybe Malak wanted to preserve the Dark Side tainted ruins on Dantooine, in hopes of building another Sith academy after the galaxy was conquered. But when he found out Revan was alive, Saul Karath took the initiative and began a search for Revan. When he found the Jedi enclave on Dantooine, fearing that the Jedi Council might aid Revan, he ordered the destruction of Dantooine.

Okay, maybe Malak wanted to preserve the Dark Side tainted ruins on Dantooine, in hopes of building another Sith academy after the galaxy was conquered. But when he found out Revan was alive, Saul Karath took the initiative and began a search for Revan. When he found the Jedi enclave on Dantooine, fearing that the Jedi Council might aid Revan, he ordered the destruction of Dantooine.

Here's the thing though - surely he must hav already known about the enclave because Malak most likely trained to beome a Jedi at Dantooine (the Jedi Masters on Dantooine go into how Revan & Malak were as pupils and Revan's thrist for knowledge etc.). Furthermore, he was on Dantooine with Revan (searching for the Starmap), during a timeline when the Academy existed on Dantooine. Therefore, there's no way he could have 'learned' of the Academy's presence; he was already aware of it. :)

manthing2.jpg

Here's the thing though - surely he must hav already known about the enclave because Malak most likely trained to beome a Jedi at Dantooine (the Jedi Masters on Dantooine go into how Revan & Malak were as pupils and Revan's thrist for knowledge etc.). Furthermore, he was on Dantooine with Revan (searching for the Starmap), during a timeline when the Academy existed on Dantooine. Therefore, there's no way he could have 'learned' of the Academy's presence; he was already aware of it. ;)

Sorry my bad.. what I meant was: When he (as in Saul) found the Jedi enclave on Dantooine, fearing that the Jedi Council might aid Revan, he (as in Saul) ordered the destruction of Dantooine.

bastilla said they would be safe there shortly after leaving taris because even malak wasnt stupid enough to attack a planet with that many jedi. maybe he just got tired of the effort by dantooines jedi to stop him so he destroyed it. but they both knew it was there.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

And yet the same Bastilla practically has a conniption when I reveal the location of the not-so-hidden "hidden Jedi base".  <_<

:D You did? Cool! I always acted so bloody noble during the Leviathan.

Did you also revealed that you were after the Star Forge?

Nah. It sounded a bit dodgy to me, lol. The first time 'round, I was even tight-lipped about asking people for starmaps. :ph34r:

Besides, it's one more 'sting in the tail' for Basty babes. ;)

manthing2.jpg

And yet the same Bastilla practically has a conniption when I reveal the location of the not-so-hidden "hidden Jedi base".  <_>

:D You did? Cool! I always acted so bloody noble during the Leviathan.

Did you also revealed that you were after the Star Forge?

I did. You can shrug it off saying Karath already knew all the answers of the questions he was asking.

It may be that Malak didn't think Dantooine was important enough to worry about. He didn't realize that Revan was alive until someone pointed it out to him. And by then you had already left. I'm not sure why it took him so long though after he found out. I'm guessing that Calo helped him with the lightbulb going off. I will admit that I didn't try to go back to Dantooine after killing Calo. I'll need to check that the next run through.

In the KotOR II Dantooine, the situation on the planet is pretty bad as there are multiple factions on the planet. There will probably be a help the planet quest. Will you help the innocents or side with the mercs etc. This was similar to the Kashyyyk (correct spelling) quest.

First off, the Sith only bombed the Jedi Onclave, so Dantooine is not a post apocalyptic death planet,

secondly... who cares, as long as its another planet to add to game leangth.

P.S. Jedi Master

I'll just bomb it again 

You think you'll make a mess of dantooine I am going to purify Korriban so bad there wont be a red crystal on the planet :thumbsup: