Dark Tranquility

zer"0"

Went to the Incantation, Krisium, Behemoth show in Gothenburg yesterday... nothing too exciting.

Did have a good long chat with John McEntee afterwards, there was just no shutting him up. I should have taped the conversation and sold it to a music mag.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

• 2 months later...

*p

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sweden has a strong music tradition and I think we are the worlds #3 music exporter after the US and Britain. Metal is a large part of the music output in sweden although its not recognized in mainstream media.

Sweden being the third biggest exporter of music?? huh ..

you guys are known for Abba and that's pretty much it! :D

(not saying Denmark does better! we only had

Fortune favors the bald.

The Swedish music industry turnover is counted in billions and ABBA hasnt been a part of it for 30 years, so there is evidetly more to us than meets the danish eye.

I dont listen to mainstream music so I cant name any bands but the non-mainstream genres arent doing to bad either, apparently Dungen(although hes the diet-pepsi of proggressive) is #10 on the bilboard. And people are paying HUGE sums of money for old vinyls of Swedes like Fl

hmm .. why aren't we getting it then!

because I listen to evey kind of music, mainstream as well, if they make something I like of course not just for the sake of it!

and all my friends are major music geeks who does nothing but find wierd unknown (and known) music .. so naturally the popular swedish, and non-mainstream swedish, should 'appear on my radar' .. but it hasn't ..

maybe I should have a serious chat with who ever promotes your music here!!

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, since you dont even know whats going on in your country, its no surprise you havent got us in check. Just go by the following albums

Bo Hansson- Lord of the rings

Fl

Their second album has been re-released by Mellotronen and theres also a boxed set with lots of goodies. Either record on second-hand vinyl is atleast 500kr

but you could download some mp3's, the second album "fl

Metallica??!? You gotta be kidding! They only had three and a half decent albums, the rest are a complete waste of money and a disgrace to thrash metal! Just take a look at St. Anger. You call that quality? Of course, each to his own, but still, everything they made after and justice for all isn't even remotely comparable to the Kill em all to master of puppets era...

Completely ignoring the fact that St. Anger is a far cry from trash metal anyway. It definately sounds more like nu-metal.

Besides, if it were any band but Metallica, St. Anger would have been a praised hit.

Point to you, but even though it could have been a praised hit, that doesn't say make it quality metal. Now, I'm not really a metal head anymore, but I would say that if anyone sets a standard for lasting quality metal, it is Slayer. Those guys have "done their thing" ever since they started. Even if a lot of it sounds the same :-" . Sure, their music hasn't gotten better since Reign in Blood, but they're also relatively old, considering what they play. Another good standard of quality is Zakk Wylde, with his Black Label Society, in my opinion; he actually has quite a diverse range of music behind him, from plain old rock to his Ozzy Osbourne era(for those of you that don't know, Zakk was Ozzy's guitarist since he was like 18 or somesuch, I think). There's a lot more bands that have a higher standard than Metallica, and not only metal bands, but right now I can't be arsed to list any.

Zakk Wylde kicks Ass!

Also: Slayer are doing the soundtrack for the end of the world.

"God Hates Us All" is one of the greatest albums ever. For me personally... I know some people really hate Slayer, I wonder why?

Zakk Wylde kicks Ass!

Also: Slayer are doing the soundtrack for the end of the world.

"God Hates Us All" is one of the greatest albums ever. For me personally...  I know some people really hate Slayer, I wonder why?

"drunk post"

I'd say reign in blood is thone of the greatest albusme (of slayer) ever. but, god Hates us lll is good tool. but it ain