What past do you want your character to have?

Well as a jedi you wouldn't really have too much contact with your family anyway and as a sith you'd eat them

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

True you wouldn't have had contact with them during your apprenticeship as a child but I would like to encounter them in the game. All these loner characters just feel so empty and devoid of any life whatsoever, they only hang out with their party members or interact with people that send them on quests, other than that they're like hermits and I hate that, it's completely fake. Even Obi-Wan had friends like Dex outside the Order.

But I just feel this way because I see RPGs as supposedly based around the story and the development of the characters within, usually all the PC develops is magic points (In this case Force abilities) and skills. And the only character development occurs within the party, I find that immensely disappointing.

Yep I agree Jad'en that all have the ability to become uber, that's why I sneer when I hear about Side aligned Force powers in the games, all Force powers are neutral by definition. Dooku and Palpatine were so powerful in the Force they are able to use Force Lightning it isn't becuase they're DS.

well concerning force lightning, when Palpatine used it there was something in his eyes....pure hatred.

Made me feel like he tapped into his hate to use it but your right, a Jedi could just as easily manifest lightning because the force is the force after all :blink:

You people and your 'average' talk.

What's wrong with being the ultimate Jedi who was whooped by a better Sith Lord (always happens) and got amnesia? 

Wha want's to be a nobody who just happens to be the only known Jedi left out of luck, not me!  I won't mind playing as him sure, but I just don'e get all of you Reven complainers.

As for me, I'd wan't him/her to be a powerfull Sith General who perhaps decided he/she no longer felt his path was in the Dark and decided to search for a Jedi to teach him/her (Kria perhaps) and in th process made some powerful Sith Enemies.  On a rutine criosleep something went wrong and you lost your memory.

What is wrong about progressing during the action? Why should all the PCs be a hero ever since birth?

And to those of you saying that Jedi have powerful ways to see if other Jedi are lying, you forget that this is KOTOR and that the PC is always the most powerful Jedi in the game, making lying easy.

That the jedi council on Dantooine trusted you whatever you're saying was a real bad bug in my opinion.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

On a rutine criosleep something went wrong and you lost your memory.

Oh hells, please tell me that I don't have play Amnesiac AGAIN.

I'm pretty sure it's been said that you can't remember much about yourself in this one.

If I am remebering corectly I think it was said that the PC knows who they are, their history, and other such important parts (the only thing is the gamer doesn't know but will learn later on in the game), what they don't know is how they wound up in the kolto tank.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

You're absolutely right Stargate. I want my character to sort of have the reputation of Revan, powerful and charismatic. The only difference is that everyone had there eyes on Revan and pretty much ignored our current PC. I see our PC as one of Revan's right hand men. The only reason he took on Malak instead of our PC is because he knew Malak was probably more easier to corrupt.

But if the character is a simpleton why would he be so wanted by the sith. Something does add up.

Well Craftsman I think the character would be hunted by the Sith just for the fact that he/she is a Jedi, simpleton or not, after all the Sith want to wipe out the Jedi entirely just in case.

It's like the last Starfighter, they sent assassins after the protagonist not because he was a reknown uber-fighter but because it was presumed he was an active member of the Starfighter League (When he wasn't) and therefore preceived as a threat.

The same could be said here, the Sith are covering their bases, even a simpleton Jedi can be a threat of sorts. But it really doesn't matter since the PC is an uber-Jedi anyway. Still I would like to have seen the additional family/friends things explored for character development purposes, nothing to do with the simpleton or Jedi He-Man thing. :huh:

We're not exactly sure what's happened to the Jedi yet. It's pretty safe to assume that there are plenty of Jedi in hiding, and I hope that we'll be able to fight alongside non-party Jedi npcs to have a few battles a little more epic than the regular 3 on 5 confrontations.

If you recall the first trailer that was released the voiceover says they're interested in turning the player to the DS but if he/she doesn't then the player would face the wrath of the Sith. Maybe one of the Sith Lords is trying to recruit you while another is trying to kill you, remember that the Lords might not be working together.

In any case wiping out the last known Jedi is enough of a logical incentive to me for the Sith to send assassins after you without you being a Skywalker. They want all the Jedi dead, they just found out a Jedi outcast from the Mandalorian Wars is still alive, wouldn't you as a Sith order him/her taken out just in case regardless of who that person is?

They have to convert him. If he's just left alone it will put a major di p into LucasArts profits

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

We're not exactly sure what's happened to the Jedi yet. It's pretty safe to assume that there are plenty of Jedi in hiding, and I hope that we'll be able to fight alongside non-party Jedi npcs to have a few battles a little more epic than the regular 3 on 5 confrontations.

If you recall the first trailer that was released the voiceover says they're interested in turning the player to the DS but if he/she doesn't then the player would face the wrath of the Sith. Maybe one of the Sith Lords is trying to recruit you while another is trying to kill you, remember that the Lords might not be working together.

In any case wiping out the last known Jedi is enough of a logical incentive to me for the Sith to send assassins after you without you being a Skywalker. They want all the Jedi dead, they just found out a Jedi outcast from the Mandalorian Wars is still alive, wouldn't you as a Sith order him/her taken out just in case regardless of who that person is?

It could fall either way in my opinion. They could be hunting you because they fear your power, like Luke... or they could be hunting simply because you are the last Jedi. I would prefer "fear your power".

I too would like to see a big Jedi battle like the one in EPII but it doesn't have to be that big. It would be that you found some Jedi in an underground resistance type situation and some you know from the PC's past and they come out to fight with you, although I would prefer this to be near the end of the game.

I think alot of these questions will be found out when Kreia tells us why she was trying to kill us, thats what I think atleast

Actually Craftsman we don't know if they converted other Jedi, they might have. Well obviously the player will be some kind of super-Jedi (Especially during the game) to be able to kill 7500 Sith almost singlehandedly.

Ok please forgive the analogy but it's the only way I can think of right now to try to explain why I think they Sith would be after the player regardless of his/her Jedi standing. Think that the Sith are a government and the player is a known terrorist against that government, now the player isn't a leader of a group or anything like that but is still a known terrorist. Do you think the government would still chase him/her or allow that person to walk around freely? Again I know this is a real dumb analogy but maybe it helps a little to understand why they might be chasing the player.

To the Sith all Jedi are a threat and they want to eradicate them completely. As such when they learn that a Jedi is still alive the Sith would have it in their best interest to kill that Jedi. Luke wasn't always powerful but he is a good exmaple of the kind of threat one Jedi could pose, Palpatine wanted Luke taken out or turned since he learned of his existence. While you might say Luke is the son of Vader and therefore a known threat, at that time Luke was barely a pilot and had he not been trained at all might not have learned to use the Force correctly ever. Hope this helps a bit.

It could fall either way in my opinion. They could be hunting you because they fear your power, like Luke... or they could be hunting simply because you are the last Jedi. I would prefer "fear your power".

I too would like to see a big Jedi battle like the one in EPII but it doesn't have to be that big. It would be that you found some Jedi in an underground resistance type situation and some you know from the PC's past and they come out to fight with you, although I would prefer this to be near the end of the game.

Oh I know it could be either one, I just tried to explain why they'd chase you even if you weren't known as uber-powerful.

I can go either way as far as background, powerful or not, the PC will become powerful during the game. I would like to see somethiong that was said sometime back that as you gain recognition for your actions then enemies and npcs react accordingly. You've killed 700 Sith, the next Sith group you meet shouldn't be full of themselves knowing you diced an entire enclave of their fellow warriors.

The battle thing would be great, something like the Star Forge at the end of the first game where other Jedi npcs helped a little bit. I would like to see it a little more often this time around than just once though and have the battle be a little longer than aroom or two with your fellow non-partty npcs.