How do YOU think prestige classes will be obtained

I think there will be a point in te game (when you are in the Sith tomb) where there will be 5 jedi and 5 sith(numbers subject to change). At this point you will be asked who you side with. Depending on who you side with determines who you fight. If you join the sith, you fight jedi and vice versa. Then you are taken to a Jedi/Sith enclave where a master asks you what path you will take(what class).

Also, did anyone see the prestige class descriptions on gamebanshee.com? This interested me. # Jedi Master: (Consular-type) Regenerates force power more quickly, and can inspire companions and followers.

# Jedi Watchman: (Sentinel-type) Generally super abilities with the force and control over the lightsaber.

# Jedi Weapon Master: (Guardian-type) Lightsaber deflection and pain threshold increased, and does more saber damage.

Dark Side Prestige Classes include:

# Sith Assassin: Mastery of stealth and camouflage.

# Sith Lord: Mastery of corrupting the wills of others.

# Sith Marauder: Mastery of weapons and increased pain threshold.

Maybe the Sith Lord gets a bonus to beast control and the Watchman gets a bonus to Battle Meditation? Just speculation. Oh, link

http://www.gamebanshee.com/previews/kotoriipreview2.php

I think I will be assigned the rank of Sith Maurader by killing things.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

For what its worth, I have to agree (guess that makes four then huh?)

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

I hope so

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think it would be a cooler feature though, if it happened as you acted. So someone who has ben getting others to kill for them, would be the masterminds, and whatnot.

I think it would be a cooler feature though, if it happened as you acted.  So someone who has ben getting others to kill for them, would be the masterminds, and whatnot.

Maybe the DS quest are about locating the right tomb and beting the knowledge out of a long dead sithlord :rolleyes:

after all only LS loosers jump when their strings are pulled. :D

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

ya the only problem with it is it might be difficult to determine the "teener" classes

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think there will be a point in te game (when you are in the Sith tomb) where there will be 5 jedi and 5 sith(numbers subject to change). At this point you will be asked who you side with. Depending on who you side with determines who you fight. If you join the sith,  you fight jedi and vice versa. Then you are taken to a Jedi/Sith enclave where a master asks you what path you will take(what class).

Hopefully that wont happen, that would be way to cheesy and the idea of the jedi and sith having a ceremony together is a bit lame sorry :rolleyes:

Hopefully they will be obtained through quests and will take in to account your stats like strength/dex wis/char if it will be possible to obtain some of the prestige classes. So say a weaponmaster need to have a least amount of strength/dex and a jedimaster need a least amount of wis/char

I really believe that it will be an active choice as it was from scout/scoundrel/soldier to consular/sentinal/guardian

Good point, and it would be difficult to find a point to do so for both Jedi and Sith, atleast I hope it will be difficult

Posted by me to another thread.

More: LS, DS and PrC.

Korriban is on the galaxy map from the start but is too well garded by Darth Nihilis' Sith fleet. In order to get there they must either:

LS) Find and rejoin the jedi order on Nar Shaddaa. The PC aquires one of the jedi PrCs and a Padawan. When the time comes to confront Nihilis the jedi join the attack on Korriban.

DS) Join the Sith on Onderon. The PC aquires a Sith PrC, tatoos and an apprentice. They must kill and replace Darth Sion as Sith Lord. In alliance with the Dark Queen of Onderon the PC leads a rebel Sith attack on Korriban.

Do you think "icreased pain resistance" means more hp (12 per level) or damage reduction?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

eh it could very well depend on your starting class, like LS Jedi Guardian becomes the Jedi Weapon Master.

The devs have said that the prestige class will not be restricted to the starting classes (i.e. if you start as a gaurdian you will be able to choose any of the six prestige classes).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

So you reach level 20 with a normal class and then upgrade to a prestige one?

Not normaly. In D20 you can take levels in a PrC as soon as you meet the requirements, however it has been confermed that PrCs in TSL will work differently.

I expect it will be like becoming a jedi in KotOR. You complete the quest(s) and level up into your PrC. You will not be able to gain more levels in your old class or join more than one prestege class.

I would imagine this will happen at about level 12, since this is when the base jedi classes get their 3rd power upgrade.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!