What did KOTOR 1 lack for you?

Basically it suffered the same thing all console RPGs do. I liked it alot, but it had plenty of things that could have been better.

1. Not well balanced. The idea for some of the feats/skills was good, but the implementation failed.

Number one for me too

2. It was too linear. It did a good job of hiding it tho.

3. The ending sucked. Very anti-climatic. I like a FO type ending that informs you of what happened.

4. It got too easy, combat wise, later in the game.

5. The combat got pretty tedious at times too. It felt like you practically didn't need to be there. Just que and forget about it for a couple of seconds. I'm not to found of the combat compared to other RPGs. It lacks the constant action of RT and the "thinking mans combat" of TB. It took on too many of the bad points of the respect combat choices, but too few of the positives.

6. Too short. I beat it, doing most of the things I could do, in 34 hours. But that is to be expected in a console rpg.

7. The interface didn't take advantadge of the mouse and the orginization of equipment BLEW.

8. Too few character models. You saw the same baddies over and over.

9. Less than dark Darkside path.

I still want an assortment of fighting footware

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The biggest downside for me was the way the darkside/lightside thing worked. To start off, the dark side path was completely ridiculous. As it has been mentioned in many places, almost all of the darkside things were like junior high school bully actions instead of the evil mastermind actions I would have liked. What does a dark jedi have to gain by killing an alien who was earlier helping him cover up murder? Nothing. There was no thought in that area.

But even the lightside didn't make a whole lot of sense. Sure, you're killing a whole bunch of people, but as long as you decline a reward for it, it's okay?

Other notes along these lines...

You can walk into someone's apartment and kill her because she has a bounty on her head, but if you challenge someone with a similar bounty to a match in the dueling ring, you get darkside points. Whatever.

Also everything was to black and white. You could really go through every dialog and say "Okay, this one is the light side option, this one is the darkside option, and this one looks pretty neutral."

Other things that bugged me...

Lack of cool, flowing robes with hoods

I couldn't extinguish my lightsabers at will

Certain parts wouldn't let you use the skills of other party members, you had to use your own

That's about it. Oh, also worth mentioning is that you couldn't go to the Sith Academy and become a Sith instead of a jedi. Once I started a file for the sole purpose of doing that, but then stupid Bastilla made me go to Dantooine and do that whole thing anyway. Then when I went to Korriban, no matter what I did I couldn't take over the Sith Academy...

Wow. That turned out to be a lot of whining for one of my favorite games.

1. Dark Side meant being a bully, not an evil genius.

2. Light Side presented no dilema's...everything was black and white, nothing that seems to be able to go either way (think it light, but really it can lead to suffering and darkness) like when Luke rushes to save Leia and Han on Cloudcity, while abandoning training.

3. The lack of different species for the PC. I wanted to play as a Kel Dor...who gives a crap about playing a Star Wars game as a Human. The thing that made Jedi Academy better than it actually should be is the fact that you can personalise the look of your character...I really wanted different playable species...but that aint happenin in KOTOR II :angry: .

1. Dark Side meant being a bully, not an evil genius.

2. Light Side presented no dilema's...everything was black and white, nothing that seems to be able to go either way (think it light, but really it can lead to suffering and darkness) like when Luke rushes to save Leia and Han on Cloudcity, while abandoning training.

3. The lack of different species for the PC.  I wanted to play as a Kel Dor...who gives a crap about playing a Star Wars game as a Human.  The thing that made Jedi Academy better than it actually should be is the fact that you can personalise the look of your character...I really wanted different playable species...but that aint happenin in KOTOR II :angry: .

Nothing about Jedi Academy made it better then KOTOR nothing

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.