What if force powers were alignment-bound?

Its a imaginative interpretation but I doubt it was what Lucas intended.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

When did "Vader" do that? Which movie at you reffering to?

I mean in general, Vader uses the Force to heal his shattered body.

Is he not heavily meditating in enclosed capsule?

Maybe I'm totally wrong, I dont know.....

His hyperbolic capsule only allowed him to survive and breathe with hsi helmet off.. nothign else.. if he coudl heal his wounds 20 years would be enough time for him to completely heal.. one would think at least.

If Force powers were alignment bound, it might make it less enjoyable to play through, since if you choose to play DS for half the game, only the DS FP will be available to you, even if you decide to "redeem" yourself at the end and go LS. What would happen then? You lose all your DS Force powers and have to start over with entry level LS Force powers? I don't think it'd work. I think the best option is to have "penalties" for using the opposite alignment Force power. For instance, if you are a LSer, then if you use any DS Force powers you get penalized big time for it. Vice versa for a DSer using a LS power.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Nobodt said that you wouldn't be able to use DS or LS force powers no matter what your allingment is.

We 're just suggesting that anytime you use a dark side power your character moves towards a darker path. same for LS.

So you wouldn't get any penalties regarding force points, but your character allignment would gradually change.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

If Force powers were alignment bound, it might make it less enjoyable to play through, since if you choose to play DS for half the game, only the DS FP will be available to you, even if you decide to "redeem" yourself at the end and go LS.  What would happen then?  You lose all your DS Force powers and have to start over with entry level LS Force powers?

This is a limitation yes, but its realistic and more in line with the Star Wars atmosphere. Going from one path to the other is a lengthy process(a bit shorter if you go DS since its "quicker...easier") that cant be accomplished in the usually short time span of a game.

But you could make the games timespan longer and implement a redemption/fall into the storyline.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is a limitation yes, but its realistic and more in line with the Star Wars atmosphere. Going from one path to the other is a lengthy process(a bit shorter if you go DS since its "quicker...easier") that cant be accomplished in the usually short time span of a game.

Not really. Yoda, if he chose, could use Force lightning. And he's a LS Jedi Master. I think it'd just take more out of him than it does Palpatine, but both have the ability to use the power.

But meh, it might add replay value, but I think it'd limit your choices through each play thru.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Precisely, that would be the whole point.

GhostofAnakin> Yoda did not use lightning in E2, he blocked/redirected/absorbed it, all lightside powers.

GhostofAnakin> Yoda did not use lightning in E2, he blocked/redirected/absorbed it, all lightside powers.

I didn't say he used it, I said if he chose to, it wouldn't have been out of his ability to do so.

But I'll admit I wasn't responding to the idea of the thread, but rather of the idea I thought it was about where if you chose to play one alignment, you could NOT use the opposite alignment's Force powers.

Yes, I've always felt that force powers are neither inherently lighside or darkside. In fact, I've always seen almost all the force powers as being basically the same thing, namely telekinisis. Luke grabs stuff (usually his lightsaber) When Vader uses "force choke" I've always seen this as him telekineically reaching over to the person and physically choking him. Now here's where my theory gets a little... I don't know what the word is. Some of you will probably think I'm nuts, others will think I'm, well, no. You're all gonna think I'm nuts.

My theory is that the Emperor's force lightning is also telekinisis. He is so incredibly strong in the force that he can use it to move innumberable amounts of electrons through the air, creating an electric shock thing that is in effect lightning. Now take the Dooku/Yoda battle. Dooku has the same skill, only to a lesser degree. But Yoda, being the awesome controller of the force that he is, actually uses the force to stop all of the electrons.

Yeah, I know it seems really crazy. But then, that's why I like it.

Anyway, where was I going. Oh yes.

I agree with fearless jedi (I think that's who it was) Instead of having certain force powers only available to those with certain allignment, using certain force powers should CHANGE your allignment. My only addition is that this should only work up to a point. I don't think you should be able to achieve darkside/lightside mastery by sitting there shocking people all day.

Actually, it might be good if it only worked to make you darker. I mean, the dark side is supposed to be the one that is easy to fall down.

Anyway, you all get the idea (I hope)

I believe that the universe is just energy condensed into a slow vibration and that the force is like waves in the time&space fabric..

..or maybe one shouldnt bother to scientificly explain something that doesnt exist in the first place. The force is pure mojo.

I believe that the universe is just energy condensed into a slow vibration and that the force is like waves in the time&space fabric..

..or maybe one shouldnt bother to scientificly explain something that doesnt exist in the first place. The force is pure mojo.

You mean that all matter is merely energy condensed to slow steady vibration,

That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively,

There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Bill Hicks

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

..here's John with the weather.

I don't think the force powers are inherently dark or light, but those that cater to more destructive purposes are rarely used by Jedi for obvious purposes.

I mean, a jedi probably could use force lightning, but due to him being a jedi, he naturally wouldn't.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin