Jedi/Sith Ranks

rika

Actually, I came across a reference of one other rank, that of Jedi Initiate. The rank held by the very young that are inducted into the Order after being scouted out (but have not yet been matched to a Jedi Knight - probably like all those kids in EpII?). The reference was in that Picture book Star Wars guide that has all that stuff about Episode I and II (descriptions of the characters, vehicles, weapons, etc). This may have been mentioned before, but I must have missed it if it was. :wacko:

I believe Initiates become Padawan (perhaps they have to be chosen by a Knight first?), then progress to Knight. There's also some kids' picture book reference that implies (in fact I remember it explicitly stating - but I could be wrong) that a Jedi Knight automatically becomes a Master as soon as his apprentice successfully passes the Trials to become a Jedi Knight. It was the same reference that mentioned Qui-Gon Jin (sp?) had two apprentices before Obi-Wan. The first failed (and presumably was kicked out of the Order), but the second apprentice he took passed the Trials, thus awarding Qui-Gon the title of Jedi Master.

No idea how official either reference is, but I figure it's as reasonable as anything else out there, that hasn't directly come out of Lucas' mouth. <_<

What about this?

Light Side

Jedi Watchman: A balanced Jedi who is proficient with both Force powers and lightsaber attacks.

Jedi Master: A master of the Force who gives companions bonuses and recovers Force points faster than other Jedi.

Jedi Weapon Master: Think Barry Bonds, only with a lightsaber instead of a bat. The Jedi Weapon Master is a hard hitter who can deflect lasers more effectively than other Jedi classes. Jedi Weapon Masters also have increased resistance to pain. The ultimate lightsaber badass.

Dark Side

Sith Assassin: A Sith rogue of sorts, Sith Assassins focus their Force powers into stealth and subterfuge.

Sith Marauder: We all loved Darth Mual, and now you'll be able to play as him -- or at least a Sith very similar to his style. An overall combat-dedicated Sith who specializes in the lightsaber and damaging Force powers. Like the Jedi Weapon Master, Sith Marauders enjoy increased resistance to pain.

Sith Lord: The ultimate evil in the Star Wars universe. Sith Lords have mastered the Dark Side of the Force as much as Jedi Masters have the Light Side. Sith Lords specialize in Force powers that can corrupt and bend the will of others.

Emphasis on Jedi Watchman and Sith stuff

(got this from E3 2004: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords on ign)

Jedi Apprentice when u initially begin training.

Jedi Padawan, for when you complete the initial training, and begin learning more complex stuff.

Jedi Knight for when you finish training and you can be taught no more.

Jedi Master, for those who have toatlly mastered the LS of the force.

Example-Luke Skywalker

Ep4-He is an apprentice

Ep5-He is a padawan

Ep6-He is a knight

After Ep6 (when he starts up jedi academy on yavin4)-He is a master

And then there's Youngling before aprentice.

manthing2.jpg

Actually Dark Jedi and Sith are different.

They have a different kind of trainning and it seems that Sith posses some other magic powers (like black magic) than Dark Jedi don't know how to use.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom